Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Don't you get a €75 voucher for each person you refer?
    lol, do you want someone to come out and change the stations for you to?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

:confused:

Don't (or didn't) Sky offer a €75 M&S voucher for each person you refer to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I am genuinely thinking of cancelling sky at the minute anyway. This *may* sway me.

I was looking a the new Horizon box UPC are bringing out. and their prices.
    Also don't have to get extra rooms..

I'll see if they offer me this, if not.. I'll cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

Allyall wrote: »
    I am genuinely thinking of cancelling sky at the minute anyway. This *may* sway me.

For the money itll cost you stay you could buy a top notch standalone media player.

Is it really worth that much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Media999 wrote: »
    For the money itll cost you stay you could buy a top notch standalone media player.

Is it really worth that much?

Hi Media, I'd be very grateful if you could explain exactly what a stand alone media player is and what we could get in terms of tv stations for our money:confused::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

okidoki987 wrote: »
    :confused:

Don't (or didn't) Sky offer a €75 M&S voucher for each person you refer to them?

I know there is €45 vouchers for refering a friend now. It is a listed package though. Something like 1/2 price for 3 months. So dunno if there is any other similiar ones.
    Allyall wrote: »

What exactly does this new horizon box do?

Hi Media, I'd be very grateful if you could explain exactly what a stand alone media player is and what we could get in terms of tv stations for our money:confused::)

How much info do you want?

Im not saying the media player is required or anything its just that someone is waiting for a UPC Horizon box when all that is, is a media streamer that you can display photos from your phone on screen without cables. Pretty lame really. Nothing exciting.

With regards to stations im not sure what you mean?? Do you mean what comes with Sky? You can view the packages here. Most basic is 12.50 a month with half price offer.

These are the Media players i was talking about if youre interested. A lot support "Airplay" which is similar to what the UPC box does i think. Cant find full spec but assume its Airplay or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭craigmcc

Re-signed up with Sky today after 2 years away. Couldn't resist! Full Package (Sports, Movies etc...), Free Installation, Free Sky+HD Box, Free SkyHD Box, HD Sub and Multiroom for €58 per month for 12 months......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

ring to cancel and it will go two ways. theyll give you the offer or you actually cancel and resignup in partners name.

They get commission to stop you from cancelling so id guess they will try their hardest to give it to you.

well im single and live alone so if they dont offer me the deal initially im screwed

muffler wrote: »
    All the Sky+ boxes are now HD. You only pay the optional extra for the HD package if you want it.

So basically what your saying is that they are conning people into thinking there are 2 options when theer is only 1 and the people that say no we dont want HD get it anyway and pay 15 euro less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

So basically what your saying is that they are conning people into thinking there are 2 options when theer is only 1 and the people that say no we dont want HD get it anyway and pay 15 euro less

No, the boxes have to be HD to give customers the option of getting the HD channels. If you decide you want HD after a few months then it can be activated straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,760 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I didn't say that at all.

Tipsy McSwagger has explained it above though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I just rang there, no prob at all as soon as I said the spiel from the first post. I had freesat for last while but fcuk it , it's a great deal.

well im single and live alone so if they dont offer me the deal initially im screwed

If you have a right to cancel you have the bargaining power. They get commission to get you a contract. They just get slightly less if you get a better deal. 1 euro rather than 2 or something like that.

No

Box may support HD but channels arent switched on.

Like sky box office isnt on all the time but can be there without changing the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Cheers for the tip, I've just signed up. Was considering buying a Freesat box, the one in Power City was €150 with no recording facilities. Now I got a Sky+ box and free installation of a second connection to the dish to allow me to watch one thing and record another, as well as 1 years sub to all the entertainment channels for €198!

My only disappointment is that I discovered you have to pay extra for the Formula 1 channel, either pay for HD (don't have a HD tv) or subscribe to Sky Sports (way too expensive). Ah well, didn't really want to cheat on the BBC in any case.

If you have a right to cancel you have the bargaining power. They get commission to get you a contract. They just get slightly less if you get a better deal. 1 euro rather than 2 or something like that.

I tried to do it today and got no joy, I'm still in the 30 day cooling off period , he was going to cut me off there and then

I tried to do it today and got no joy, I'm still in the 30 day cooling off period , he was going to cut me off there and then

Not sure if there is a rule that says you cant resignup in a certain time.

Previous chap like yourself in this thread that got a supervisor on the phone and he got the 1/2 price even though he signed up the friday and rang monday or tuesday. Definitely get a supervisor and say you would rather cancel if you dont get the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Has anyone in an apartment block got the offer?

I rang sky there and the 'supervisor' said that the deal is not available in apartment blocks with a shared satelite.

When the original call centre operative answered at first, he pretended he didn't know what I was talking about after I quoted the offer (as if!). So we had to go through the motions of my explaining what he already knew, until he miracously remembered that such an offer exists - excruciating stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Well ill be ringing tomorrow with the Sky in your apartment request for half price, ill let you know how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Rafloution wrote: »
    Well ill be ringing tomorrow with the Sky in your apartment request for half price, ill let you know how it goes.

Cool, maybe be a bit more forceful than I was :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i have a phone line atm

can i signup with the phone and cancel the phone afterwards??

or will that be a problem?

also we lost the brochure-was it 26.50 for entertainment and movies?/

pretty sure it was

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Have Sky at the moment and paying €86 a month so tried calling to cancel and saying I'm moving to an apartment with UPC. Best they could offer was 25% off. When I asked about this offer girl said that isnt available to me. When I said go ahead with the cancellation she suggested I think about it for an hour or two so I said I would call again later.

One more try later and if I dont get half off I will cancel and then order new package with this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

just had this offer installed....left the installer at it as i was watching the pup....never asked for the phoneline or asked where it was but did ask me was i on the net for some reason!!

anyways all working perfectly...woo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Trying to call on my mobile, is there any reason for it screeching so loudly? In an apartment block too so will hopefully work.

I had wrong number dear god. Looks like they don't have the offer in their apartment department for some reason. Rep is calling me back tonight so will hopefully have something sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

So without reading the whole thread is it €12.50 a month and no installation charge? Just had a Sky rep at the door offering €25 up front install then €12.50 a month for 2 months and €25 a month after that

• Registered Users Posts: 45,760 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ryaner1979 wrote: »
    So without reading the whole thread is it €12.50 a month and no installation charge? Just had a Sky rep at the door offering €25 up front install then €12.50 a month for 2 months and €25 a month after that
    The basic package is half price at €12.50 a month with free dish and free standard installation. There is a 12 month contract and its for new customers and maybe ex. customers who had cancelled previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ryaner1979 wrote: »
    be careful with the reps at the door
    a mate of mine almost got bluffed into paying full whack today
    seemingly they cant offer the half price
    he tried to cod him saying the offer was a uk offer in pounds

M cebee wrote: »
    be careful with the reps at the door
    a mate of mine almost got bluffed into paying full whack today
    seemingly they cant offer the half price
    he tried to cod him saying the offer was a uk offer in pounds

Ah just got thru to Sky there. Half price for 12 months. Cheers OP :D

• Advertisement

ANYWHERE I CAN GET A LIST OF CHANNELS THAT COME WITH THE BASIC PACK??

Advertisement