Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Cancelled my HD and box sets about 2 months ago, was paying €15 a month! Got a call today from an 021 number offering HD and box sets for €5 a month no contract!! Happy out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Skuxx wrote: »
    Cancelled my HD and box sets about 2 months ago, was paying €15 a month! Got a call today from an 021 number offering HD and box sets for €5 a month no contract!! Happy out!

My hd is gone about 2 weeks now I wonder will they ring me? I'm with them 6 years now and never had a call from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

jca wrote: »
    My hd is gone about 2 weeks now I wonder will they ring me? I'm with them 6 years now and never had a call from them.

Just call them saying you got a call but didn't have time to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I never had hd but was offered it with box sets for €5 per month....for 12 months over the phone the other day.....and 021 number.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,837 ✭✭✭✭muffler

vienne86 wrote: »
    I never had hd but was offered it with box sets for €5 per month....for 12 months over the phone the other day.....and 021 number.
    If you watch quite a bit of telly then you cant go wrong at €5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

There is a flash sale for existing customers today, movies and sports for €20 per month for 6 months.
    Valid when you sign up online only.

Just be careful as I think when you sign up for this it may remove any existing offers on your account

http://www.sky.com/ireland/offers/top-tier/?DCMP=bac-ROI:ec_flash1#!2-3

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

There is a flash sale for existing customers today, movies and sports for €20 per month for 6 months.

Just be careful as I think when you sign up for this it may remove any existing offers on your account

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

20 extra per month, not 20 per month.
    Also, not available to existing Sky Sports and/or Movies customers.
    Still, it's probably a bargain for someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

onform wrote: »

It will remove any existing offers off tv. Wont affect HD or Multiscreen offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gaving

Cancelled this time last year and wife took it out in her name 1/2 price for 12 months with variety, sports and hd which is ending 3rd Dec for 44.50 no real offers forthcoming offered her variety and sports 1+5 wiuth half price hd for 56.35! Have to cancel today if we wish to, I contacted sky looking to rejoin offered 1/2 price for 9 months at 27 p/m and 1/2 price HD for 12

He states I'd keep my original billing date of the 11th and I'd have to pay from now til the 11th, basically dont want to be double paying them for two accounts,if I was to ringbthem closer to the end of the month what's peoples experience would the offer still be there I got the usual can't promise it'll still be available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

i cancelled today, paying 37 that was going up to 39 , got offered 10 percent off for a year in a contract or 29 a month for 9 months .
    no better offer put forward , call cost me 4 euro! (20 cent per minute), i still decided to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭delboy76

mint man wrote: »
    i cancelled today, paying 37 that was going up to 39 , got offered 10 percent off for a year in a contract or 29 a month for 9 months .
    no better offer put forward , call cost me 4 euro! (20 cent per minute), i still decided to leave

Just cancelled muself and ot the same offer. I declined but it was a painless process. Let us see what is available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Just got my price increase letter. Changing terms in February as well. I'm on a 12 month contract, 10 half price. 10 months are nearly up. Can I cancel now as they are changing terms?
    This post has been deleted.

So I rang and said I didn't accept the terms and he said that I can't cancel my contract as they havent broken any of their terms and conditions. He was trying to explain why they are going to charge for missing the direct debits and general waffle to fob me off! No matter what i said he told me I couldn't cancel. Anybody know if hes right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Got this from a rep who I requested a call back from . In fairness he was very helpful and transferred me through to loyalty to see if I could cancel....

I have spoken with our legal team in relation to the late payment fees. Please see below.

We have introduced the late payment fee to cover our costs of servicing customers who have failed to pay on time. As the charge is only applicable where a customer has failed to meet the terms of their contract we do not consider that it will materially disadvantage customers and there is therefore no termination right for customers.

It is worth noting that Sky’s rates will be the lowest late payment charges in the TV market in Ireland with one operator charging €18.45. We will send warning notices to customers before imposing the charge whereas other operators impose the charge as soon as the payment is missed. Customers will not need to worry about this charge if they meet their payments on time.

Thanks for the replies as well Fred

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I just ordered sky tv today. We have no landline. Does anyone know if I need to inform them of this, will it make a difference to set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

jlm29 wrote: »
    I just ordered sky tv today. We have no landline. Does anyone know if I need to inform them of this, will it make a difference to set up?

It wont make any difference,no landline needed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

NATLOR wrote: »
    It wont make any difference,no landline needed

That's great thanks. Last time I get sky in a land-line free house, they made an awful song and dance about it. But that was many years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

Just took me forever to cancel my SKY TV. I was on $19 per month for basic plus varity as i canceled 6 months ago but got dragged back...

I havent turned my Sky box on siince then so really wanted to cancel. I stream everything i watch the last year or so with Kodi installed on an android box. I dont think ill ever go back to a TV service

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

I want to get a better deal on my sky. Was on the carphone warehouse deal for like 15 a month but got charged 53 yesteday for this months. Last time I rang up to cancel like a year ago? The lady offered me like 10% off and nothing more so I cancelled. Expected to get a counter offer later but never did. How do I play this? Should I just cancel and wait for a good deal to come out soon? I havent seen any in a while so should be some soon maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dr Robert

What's the best alternative boxes to Sky plus? Just have the regular channels currently.

Want to keep the recording function and possibly pause, rewind too.

Dr Robert wrote: »
    What's the best alternative boxes to Sky plus? Just have the regular channels currently.

Want to keep the recording function and possibly pause, rewind too.
    There are lots of threads on the various boxes if you have a quick trawl through the threads over in the satellite forum

richy wrote: »
    I want to get a better deal on my sky. Was on the carphone warehouse deal for like 15 a month but got charged 53 yesteday for this months. Last time I rang up to cancel like a year ago? The lady offered me like 10% off and nothing more so I cancelled. Expected to get a counter offer later but never did. How do I play this? Should I just cancel and wait for a good deal to come out soon? I havent seen any in a while so should be some soon maybe
    There doesnt appear to be any hard fast rule on this. I see various posts here saying you will get this, that and the other but what they fail to mention is that there is not a "one size fit all" policy operated by Sky. What discount one person receives may not be the same as what someone else gets.

From what I can see based on my own experience and from other posts here is that the longer you have been a subscriber the better the offer you should get if you decide to cancel. There is also (Im guessing here) the small matter of staff bonuses. If they can retain you as a customer with a 10% or 20% discount then I would think that their pay packet is a wee bit heavier at the end of the month. Different agents seem to be a bit more flexible than others while the same can be said about different departments within Sky.

My advice would be to ring in and tell them you want to cancel and go as far as cancelling if you have to. After that you can "uncancel" again within the 31 day notice period or alternatively just get cut off and call back and ask what offers they have for a returning customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

So after cancelling in August and promising myself not to go back, I got a call last night from them and got suckered back in.

24 hours later and I've already changed my mind. Tried to cancel by email but have got a reply back saying that I have to call them, which I'm dreading.

It has just proved to myself and my wife that we really aren't missing that much and actually prefer the EPG with our English card inserted than our subbed Irish card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

adox wrote: »
    So after cancelling in August and promising myself not to go back, I got a call last night from them and got suckered back in.

24 hours later and I've already changed my mind. Tried to cancel by email but have got a reply back saying that I have to call them, which I'm dreading.

It has just proved to myself and my wife that we really aren't missing that much and actually prefer the EPG with our English card inserted than our subbed Irish card.

What was the offer? Ive been wth out sky since August too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    What was the offer? Ive been wth out sky since August too.

They gave me two months free and then 10 months with 50% off, no contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Finished with them last month after my year with the €15/month CPWH offer.
    Got a letter from sky yesterday informing me that my monthly bill will be going up by a euro and there I was thinking maybe it was another offer to tempt me back.
    To be honest I think I'd only go back if they reduced it to a couple of euro a month just for the pause record facility :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Berberis wrote: »
    Finished with them last month after my year with the €15/month CPWH offer.
    Got a letter from sky yesterday informing me that my monthly bill will be going up by a euro and there I was thinking maybe it was another offer to tempt me back.
    To be honest I think I'd only go back if they reduced it to a couple of euro a month just for the pause record facility :D:D
    you'll still have pause/record if you use ANY sat box other than the sky one.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

donegal. wrote: »
    you'll still have pause/record if you use ANY sat box other than the sky one.

Nonsense - the majority of freesat boxes are receivers only although some have USB ports to allow recording. You need a Freesat+ box with dual input and hard drive to pause and record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

adox wrote: »
    They gave me two months free and then 10 months with 50% off, no contract.

Get your 2 months free before you cancel, ring in 30 days with your notice.

Advertisement