Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sergio Martinez vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr-Middleight Championship of the World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

Chavez for me, just think he's so strong at the weight. Martinez looked ordinary against macklin+barker and he's not getting any younger. If the decision is in any way close, id reckon chevez will still get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I believe Martinez's lackluster performance against Barker and Macklin was due to complacency. I think that won't be the case against Chavez, given there seems to be genuine hostility between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ioc

guys how can i order the fight in ireland..i have upc..not sky!..so can i still order the fight? :)...please let me kno! cant miss this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Anybody know the odds on macklins fight? had a quick look on paddy power and they don't even have it listed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

I am having a small punt on a draw.

I don't think Martinez can KO JCC jr.

He may box his head off, but it will be interesting to see how he deals with the incessant pressure. Saying that, Chavez has lost many rounds against alot poorer fighters, I am just wary of how it will go down if the score cards are called upon.

Even if Martinez outscores him clearly I can smell a draw with a rematch which will be hyped to the last.

Martinez needs to leave people in absolutely no doubt here, Chavez is the money fighter, the younger guy who has alot of financial backing behind him. A win for him will be a promoters dream.

i've backed the draw from 3 weeks ago at 25/1. this has rematch written all over it, I don't see a KO for either man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Is this fight on PrimeTime, if so has anyone a link or contact number for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Anybody know the odds on macklins fight? had a quick look on paddy power and they don't even have it listed

Macklin 3/10
    Draw 25/1
    Alcine 5/2

Check PP again, it's there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ioc

guys how can i order the fight in ireland..i have upc..not sky!..so can i still order the fight? ...please let me kno! cant miss this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

ioc wrote: »
    guys how can i order the fight in ireland..i have upc..not sky!..so can i still order the fight? ...please let me kno! cant miss this!

As far as I know you cannot watch it via UPC, Check out primetimelive website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

Is it just me or did any camera get a shot of Chavez on the scales making the weight? All the clips I've seen show him getting on the scales. The official then gets in front of the scales blocking the camera's view and next thing Chavez is off the scales with the announcement of 158.

It'll be interesting to hear what the weights on the night are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭endswell

http://www.esnewsreporting.com/sergio-martinez-159-vs-chavez-jr-158-weigh-in-hd-video/ here you can't see the actual weight for yourself but can see who saw and approved it... always controversy with chavez mind you. a lot of focus on how drained he looked this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hi lads, forgot all about this. What time will they be in the ring and what station is this on? Sorry for not searching but just about to run out now. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭tonymontana82

its on primetime, ch 498. any1 know a decent stream for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Main Part of the card about to start now.

Martinez vs Chavez Jnr
    Martinez vs Beltran Jnr
    Macklin vs Alcine
    Rigondeaux vs Marroquin

Should be a cracker, Macklin expected around 3am

JCC jnr looked shocking at the weigh in, woeful shady goings on, they could not wait to get him away from the scales and back into his tracksuit either.

Something doesn't add up, he looks like he has been killing himself to make the weight, but Junior has never been one to kill himself in training so it doesn't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bearnabeauty

Matthew should be up in bout 5/10 min

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bearnabeauty

Macklin fight over after 2 50secs, 3 knockdowns..fair play matt

1st round KO for Mack the Knife :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Wow.

That. was. epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

Class the final round made me jump. Hope Sergio doesn't get robbed now

Kellerman fawning over Chavez, congratulating him on landing one heavy shot in the last minute of the 12th round. Its clear HBO are a showing a little favourtism, did Martinez get a mention at all post fight?

Talk of a rematch? Chavez doesn't deserve it, lost every round and landed a lucky shot, pure joke.

The same would happen again, give Geale or Golovkin a shot next. HBO seem to think Martinez is just keeping the belt warm for JCC jnr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

Chavez was utterly outclassed for eleven and a half rounds. He was completely outworked and outfought by a 37 year old that was 20 pounds lighter and threw little or nothing back. He landed one shot and HBO are falling over themselves to say how well he did :D

Brilliant performance by Sergio. Way out of Chavez' league as a fighter. Give the rematch if he can't get Floyd.

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Kellerman fawning over Chavez, congratulating him on landing one heavy shot in the last minute of the 12th round. Its clear HBO are a showing a little favourtism, did Martinez get a mention at all post fight?

Talk of a rematch? Chavez doesn't deserve it, lost every round and landed a lucky shot, pure joke.

The same would happen again, give Geale or Golovkin a shot next. HBO seem to think Martinez is just keeping the belt warm for JCC jnr.

Agreed. Absolutely ridiculous. Chavez did nothing except stay on his feet against a guy who was 20 pounds lighter than him. Hilarious to listen to Kellerman talk about how well he did.

darced wrote: »

ah go away outta that :p

one of the most limited "champions" in many a year.

got absolutely whooped tonight. HBO's reaction was hilarious, not one mention of it being a shut out.

I was half expecting a dodgy decision there, and no doubt HBO would have ran with it.

Fair play to the judges

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

Chavez landed a shockingly low amount of shots to the body, considering that is a strength of his. 12th round aside (he was rocked) Martinez never looked troubled tonight at all. Fair enough he was caught once, and he never really looked like getting JR out of there, but that was a real performance from Martinez. No matter who the judges were it was never going to be anything other than martinez by every round

• Advertisement

darced wrote: »

He's a cruiserweight. Bravo for not falling down with his two stone advantage. He was taken apart. He has no business in the middleweight division to begin with, and he certainly has no business with a middleweight belt.

All I saw tonight was that Chavez is every inch the fraud Sergio said he was. Maybe he should move up in weight and fight someone his own size for a change.

Advertisement