Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 2013 6 nations and junior world cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The squad at this time of the year often seems to be quite odd at times

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭FatFosi12

McFarland, Byrne and Van Der Flier have all played AIL this year so far for Trinity and UCD respectively so I'd expect all 3 of them to be in with a shout come crunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭FatFosi12

I've been to see a few UCD JP Fanagan matches this year in the Bowl and a player that has stood out massively for me is Andrew Murphy. Playing at 7, top operator, team isn't weakened in the slightest by JVDF's absence. I think he should certainly be involved in the set up this year.

• Site Banned Posts: 157 ✭✭yougottagoboy

Hagz wrote: »
    Are you sure the squad isn't just at a preliminary stage and that there aren't more players to be added. It seems mental to me that McFarland wouldn't be in the starting XV.

Yeah it's still preliminary but the 6 nations is nearing,and as I've said while Ruddock is a great coach I question some of his selection policies,tends to just favour the big lads. as far as I know don't think McGrath is playing 20s this year either
    FatFosi12 wrote: »
    I've been to see a few UCD JP Fanagan matches this year in the Bowl and a player that has stood out massively for me is Andrew Murphy. Playing at 7, top operator, team isn't weakened in the slightest by JVDF's absence. I think he should certainly be involved in the set up this year.

I agree Fosi absoultely top quality player,his performances to date definetly warrant a place in the squad. Few players in the country at 20s level who match his agression and intensity

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

as far as I know don't think McGrath is playing 20s this year either

Luke McGrath??

• Advertisement

bilston wrote: »
    Luke McGrath??

the very same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

as far as I know don't think McGrath is playing 20s this year either

That's one of those things where I'll have to see it to believe it.

That's one of those things where I'll have to see it to believe it.

he's playing for Leinster Development tomorrow afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

he's playing for Leinster Development tomorrow afaik
    Some Leinster players u/age for 20s could play for Leinster to give irish management more chances to play other squad players. iirc thats happened in games like this in previous years

ormond lad wrote: »
    Some Leinster players u/age for 20s could play for Leinster to give irish management more chances to play other squad players. iirc thats happened in games like this in previous years

potentially Ormond lad indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

Anyone have the teams for the U20/Leinster game?

Hype710 wrote: »
    Anyone have the teams for the U20/Leinster game?

leinster won 28 19 with a good performance. Ireland don't look great,seriously lack penetration

leinster line up was
    Fitzpatrick
    McFarland
    some aussie lad from tullow
    coghlan
    Kavanagh
    marsh
    McGrath
    tracy
    byrne
    furlong
    sexton
    timmins
    lawler
    gilsenan
    conan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

leinster won 28 19 with a good performance. Ireland don't look great,seriously lack penetration
    The U20s have been together for just two days. They fared better in second half against a Leinster development squad made up of older more familiar and experienced players.

they've had a few camps at this stage. The Leinster team was a mixture of u20s and lads still u21 so they weren't that much older,and some of them have never even met each other let alone played together

Not really a fair game to judge the u20 side off though is it? Considering the Leinster side contained some players who will be key to the u20s this year.

Not really a fair game to judge the u20 side off though is it? Considering the Leinster side contained some players who will be key to the u20s this year.

players who I don't think are playing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

Photos of the Leinster game are up on inpho.ie. There's a Thomas Harty playing for Ireland here: http://www.inpho.ie/media/qkxGmrVcA9Vb4IrDzRhgyQ..a?ts=voXkU3N4eGu0G2OcMbDj8z6k4N8hx9h7YPBh59RDeTE.a

A quick Google search shows he's represented England at previous underage level and has represented the Sale Jets, Sale's reserve side, this season.

6 or so exiles in the starting 15,good few Lansdowne players involved too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Any result from 20s game against Ulster today?
    There is a small number of photo's from todays game below
    http://www.inpho.ie/app/WebObjects/INPHO-Shop.woa/wo/78.0.27.15

• Advertisement

20s played ulster A in Belvo today.not sure score,anyone have any idea?

ormond lad wrote: »
    20s won. Think score was 38-10. Everyone got a game. A good workout.

JustinDee wrote: »
    20s won. Think score was 38-10. Everyone got a game. A good workout.

good few new faces in there too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Ulster A are in Thomond today so I'd imagine it was Ulster thirds

Ulster A are in Thomond today so I'd imagine it was Ulster thirds
    It was a development squad with a good mix of players. Like the Leinster side that played the 20s last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭rugby_fan

Any updates on the squad?

Looks like we can add Adam Byrne to the injury list alongside Farrell. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Feck. Saw he's in a cast. A poster on LF said he saw him walking around without crutches on Saturday so hopefully it's minor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

.ak wrote: »
    Feck. Saw he's in a cast. A poster on LF said he saw him walking around without crutches on Saturday so hopefully it's minor.

Yeah was in the stand in Donnybrook seemed fine going up the steps. As did Strauss and Roux has a nice missus :pac:

Advertisement