Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 2013 6 nations and junior world cup

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Hagz wrote: »
    1. Ed Byrne
    2. Bryan Byrne
    3. Jamie Dever
    4. Ultan Dillane
    5. Gavin Thornbury
    6. Conor Joyce
    7. Dan Leavy
    8. (have no idea Peadar Timmons/Sean O'Brien/Jack O'Donoghue etc)
    9. Luke McGrath
    10. Stuart Olding
    11. Max McFarland
    12. Thomas Daly
    13. Robbie Henshaw
    14. Rory Scholes
    15. Adam Byrne

16. ? Will Foley
    17. ?
    18. Chris Taylor
    19. Sean McCarthy
    20. Josh Van der Flier or one of the names I've listed at 8
    21. Brian haugh
    22. Tom Kiersey
    23. ?
    Jack o Donoghue isnt involved with the 20s afaik, was picked in the Irish 19s squad.
    Brian Scott(UCC) could be involved at tighthead. will be close between himself and Dever for the 3 jersey
    Rory Scannell could be in the 23 as back cover. cant see him ahead of the 5 outside backs you named

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

Can't see Henshaw being released by Connacht. If Gerry Sexton is starting for St Mary's in the AIL he must be in with a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Would Sweetnam be in with a shout for the squad?

shuffol wrote: »
    Would Sweetnam be in with a shout for the squad?
    Could be involved. in the academy update on the munster website a few weeks back he wasnt named as 1 of the munster players to be involved with the 20s but the update did mention that he had been injured

All 6 nations venues/kick off times have been decided except for the Italian game
    all friday nights
    1/2/13 7.10pm
    Wales v Ireland Parc Eirias
    8/2/13 7.35pm
    Ireland v England Dubarry Park
    22/2/13 7.30pm
    Scotland v Ireland Netherdale
    8/3/13 7.45pm
    Ireland v France Dubarry Park
    15/16/17 March ??
    Italy v Ireland ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

What about Steve Crosbie, he is starting for Old Belvedere in the AIL. Though if Olding has the 10 jersey nailed down then maybe he won't get a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Is Tadhg Furlong not eligible this year? i thought he was still young enough.

he is a month and a half overage

Furlong was born in 1992 so that puts him over the age limit for U20's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Bummer, i was looking forward to him tearing it up in the scrums.

• Advertisement

Bummer, i was looking forward to him tearing it up in the scrums.
    If you're that interested he is starting in the front row for Leinster A against Connaught tomorrow. Don't know if it is streamed anywhere, I've put out a message looking for a link but haven't had a reply yet, I'll pass it on if I get one.

amtw wrote: »
    If you're that interested he is starting in the front row for Leinster A against Connaught tomorrow. Don't know if it is streamed anywhere, I've put out a message looking for a link but haven't had a reply yet, I'll pass it on if I get one.
    Game wont be streamed. Highlights may be up on connacht/leinster websites next week. Best chances are updates on twitter
    As this is the 20s thread it will be very interesting to see how those still underage for the 20s get on
    Good number in the Leinster squad are eligible for 20s: Byrne, O Loughlin, Masterson, McFarland, Delahunt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Furlong turns 20 this month.

What about Eoghan Masterson at no. 8, Leinster seem to have had him involved in a few A squads so he must have something going.

Thought Jack O'Donoghue the waterpark no. 8 was the best thing since sliced bread - did munster already give him a dev contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Hype710 wrote: »
    Can't see Henshaw being released by Connacht. If Gerry Sexton is starting for St Mary's in the AIL he must be in with a shout.

If Henshaw is first choice at Connacht then you have to wonder whether he should be playing U20 rugby anyway? Isn't the point of the U20s to develop players for the pro game? That's why I had no issues with Jackson not playing in the JWC in the summer. It was the same with Luke Fitzgerald a few years back too. It also means someone else gets a chance which helps broaden the player pool.

bamboozle wrote: »
    Furlong turns 20 this month.

What about Eoghan Masterson at no. 8, Leinster seem to have had him involved in a few A squads so he must have something going.

Thought Jack O'Donoghue the waterpark no. 8 was the best thing since sliced bread - did munster already give him a dev contract?
    Masterson could poten be involved at 8.
    JOD is in munsters academy and is in the irish 19s squad after starting for munster 20s in the interpros. He could easily get involved with 20s depending on injurys etc

Hasnt been much news on these squads(and 18s/19s) compared to previous years where theyve been announced around this time in december the past year or two.
    Dates, venues and kickoff times for the 20s games against Leinster and Ulster i mentioned above are now available
    The 20s play a Leinster A side in Donnybrook this thursday at 12.30pm and they play Ulster A in Merrion Road saturday the 29th at 2pm.
    20s will be in camp for 5 of the 10 days between the 20th and 29th according to the schedule that was posted on munsterschools website a few months back
    The Munster website in the academy updates has been good for providing some info on how the munster players who are in the set up are getting on. Nothing available from the other provinces

• Site Banned Posts: 157 ✭✭yougottagoboy

ormond lad wrote: »
    Hasnt been much news on these squads(and 18s/19s) compared to previous years where theyve been announced around this time in december the past year or two.
    Dates, venues and kickoff times for the 20s games against Leinster and Ulster i mentioned above are now available
    The 20s play a Leinster A side in Donnybrook this thursday at 12.30pm and they play Ulster A in Merrion Road saturday the 29th at 2pm.
    20s will be in camp for 5 of the 10 days between the 20th and 29th according to the schedule that was posted on munsterschools website a few months back
    The Munster website in the academy updates has been good for providing some info on how the munster players who are in the set up are getting on. Nothing available from the other provinces

dang I was going to announce that..beat me to it

1. Ed Byrne
    2. Bryan Byrne
    3. Jamie Dever
    4. Ultan Dillane
    5. Gavin Thornbury
    6. Conor Joyce
    7. Dan Leavy
    8. (have no idea Peadar Timmons/Sean O'Brien/Jack O'Donoghue etc)
    9. Luke McGrath
    10. Stuart Olding
    11. Max McFarland
    12. Thomas Daly
    13. Robbie Henshaw
    14. Rory Scholes
    15. Adam Byrne

16. ? Will Foley
    17. ?
    18. Chris Taylor
    19. Sean McCarthy
    20. Josh Van der Flier or one of the names I've listed at 8
    21. Brian haugh
    22. Tom Kiersey
    23. ?

good few of those lads aren't in the squad at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

ormond lad wrote: »
    The 20s play a Leinster A side in Donnybrook this thursday at 12.30pm
    They're more a Leinster Development side, than Leinster A per se.

JustinDee wrote: »
    They're more a Leinster Development side, than Leinster A per se.

Officially yes,good few Leinster A players in the backline

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Will my season ticket get me in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

When does the first u20 6 nations game start? Week before the seniors or the same week?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    When does the first u20 6 nations game start? Week before the seniors or the same week?

It will be the same weekend as the seniors. Probably the Friday night although since we're away to Wales it may not be the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

bilston wrote: »
    It will be the same weekend as the seniors. Probably the Friday night although since we're away to Wales it may not be the Friday.

Cheers.

Out of interest how many from last years team would be involved would you say?

I hear Chris Farrell has a bad knee injury so I presume even though he is underage, he wont have recovered in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Josh Van der Flier
    Stuart Olding
    Luke McGrath

Chris Farrell won't be back till the start of pre-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Josh Van der Flier
    Stuart Olding
    Luke McGrath

Chris Farrell won't be back till the start of pre-season.

Don't suppose there is any chance that Henshaw will be involved now that he is starting regularly for Connacht? Could have a very decent backline if he did play

Tox56 wrote: »
    Don't suppose there is any chance that Henshaw will be involved now that he is starting regularly for Connacht? Could have a very decent backline if he did play

On the one hand, I'd love to see the back-line in action if he were involved. If Farrell were fit and Henshaw was included, this years back-line could've been the best yet.

But on the other hand, there's no need for Henshaw to take part, just like there was no need for Jackson to take part in the JWC last season. The opportunity might be better spent on someone else.

In saying that, I have no idea what will happen, we'll have to wait and see.

9. Luke McGrath
    10. Stuart Olding
    11. Max McFarland
    12. Chris Farrell
    13. Robbie Henshaw
    14. Adam Byrne
    15. Rory Scholes

God that would be insane.

decisions wrote: »
    Will my season ticket get me in?

yeah should do
    9. Luke McGrath
    10. Stuart Olding
    11. Max McFarland
    12. Chris Farrell
    13. Robbie Henshaw
    14. Adam Byrne
    15. Rory Scholes

God that would be insane.

mcfarland isnt involved at the moment,absolute joke

• Advertisement

mcfarland isnt involved at the moment,absolute joke

Are you sure the squad isn't just at a preliminary stage and that there aren't more players to be added. It seems mental to me that McFarland wouldn't be in the starting XV.

Advertisement