Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is the Asylum behind this :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Saw that earlier, spine-tingling alright. 2015 is going to be some year for blockbusters, with a few being big time rush jobs (including this film). Could be a golden year or a year of the big budget turkeys.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I've been waiting for this since I was a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

If they are taking inspiration from TDKR, and were going for an older Batman... Michael Keaton. I wouldn't be able to sleep until I saw the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

blaa85 wrote: »
    If they are taking inspiration from TDKR, and were going for an older Batman... Michael Keaton. I wouldn't be able to sleep until I saw the film.
    Doubt they're going for an older batman. More likely they're just going for the bats vs supes battle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Wayne versus Kent for Lois Lane affection and a Bats Supes battle due to misunderstanding before team up against a minor villain but find out something major is coming the final scene bats and Supes realise working together is best course of action and they mention some speedster and amazon that could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Kinda worried if it's inspired by "The Dark Night Returns" it's not really a Superman movie, and wouldn't fit in with the recent film.

It would do the Superman franchise more harm than good, while giving the Batman fans exactly what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So who would ye like to see suit up as Batman?

Id like to see Karl Urban I think. He did a brilliant job with Dredd Id love to see his version of Batman/Wayne

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

So who would ye like to see suit up as Batman?

Id like to see Karl Urban I think. He did a brilliant job with Dredd Id love to see his version of Batman/Wayne

Not sure they'd go for him as he already has done his 'chin down' acting with Dredd. Might be a bit too familiar having the same face again in a Batman cowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Kinda worried if it's inspired by "The Dark Night Returns" it's not really a Superman movie, and wouldn't fit in with the recent film.

It would do the Superman franchise more harm than good, while giving the Batman fans exactly what they want.

Didn't Snyder say it's not based on TDKR? He just took that quote to announce it.

• Advertisement

Just seen Karl talking about the possibility of a dredd sequel in the dredd thread so thats probably put an end to that pick.

Wasn't Jake Gyllenhaal Goyer’s choice for Batman Begins. He'll be penning the script again so it could be Jake. Wouldn't be as excited about him

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,173 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Didn't Snyder say it's not based on TDKR? He just took that quote to announce it.

Yep. Basing the first meeting of the two characters on a storyline that takes place when they've both known each other for the majority of their lives makes no sense anyway. I think he just wanted to establish that their rivalry will be a big aspect of the story, or maybe I'm giving them too much credit and they just want batman to dress up in armour and fight superman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Just seen Karl talking about the possibility of a dredd sequel in the dredd thread so thats probably put an end to that pick.

Wasn't Jake Gyllenhaal Goyer’s choice for Batman Begins. He'll be penning the script again so it could be Jake. Wouldn't be as excited about him

I say it be ryan gosling or fassbender they be better bruce waynes though than batman. But think they may cast a unknown

I think gosling would be a decent flash actually. He can do the cocky, smart arse persona well

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,173 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Couldn't see Gosling as Batman, Fassbender could work though and he's worked with Snyder before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I ****ing love me some Ryan Gosling but I can't see him as the bats. I think it will be a more unknown person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Is this what a nerdgasm is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Any chance it will be Joseph Gordon-Levitt?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

So I'm confused. Is the previously announced MoS sequel still happening? Or is this it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The batman logo looked like an "older" version of the logo (at least a very different version to Nolan's batman) and the superman logo was the new one. So I'd imagine batman will not be based on Nolan's batman but more on the classic batman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Gosling would be an awful Batman IMO. Never the big fan some seem to be and don't think his style would suit Batman at all.

It's tough to pick a Batman actually, it'll be a huge decision for them, especially with how great the Bale pick was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

ricero wrote: »
    I say it be ryan gosling or fassbender they be better bruce waynes though than batman. But think they may cast a unknown

Can't see Fassbender as he's Magneto already. I would have said no to Gosling before but at this stage I'd take him if he got the role; I have a feeling this film is going need everything it can get to be a success. If that means Gosling bringing some star power and his own credible acting chops to the table then so be it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

After the ludicrous excess that was Man of Steel's final act, I'm reluctant to get too excited about this pair-up. In my mind, a throw down between Supes & Bats would involve the Great Detective using his sociopathic genius to get the upper hand on Superman; to outwit and put him in a position of weakness, so Batman can then pummel Kent with impunity. In other words, it requires a deft and clever crafting of the event, a very intimate fight (because clearly in the open Superman would win without trouble) that would be completely at odds with the kind of escalating carnage now demanded by studios.

I hold no great love or interest for Superman - I think as a character he's an emotional deadend and completely one dimensional - but even I was shocked at how muddled the messages and characterisations were in Man of Steel. The idea of Batman being pulled into this mess of a mythology is worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

So I'm confused. Is the previously announced MoS sequel still happening? Or is this it?

The MoS sequel will include Batman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Matt Bomer would be perfect to play Bruce Wayne/Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is this what a nerdgasm is?

Yes. All over myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

As long as they don't F up Batman's character to fit into this film, I am happy enough.

I see some sites that haven't a clue about who should play who are saying Robert Pattinson for Batman, do they seriously think Warner would do that? Comic book fans and Batman fans would revolt. :pac:

Anyways, I do hope they go with a slightly older version of Batman for this, and not go with a young actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Matt Bomer would be perfect to play Bruce Wayne/Batman.

That's an interesting choice alright!
    He's a big enough guy, and can totally pull off the playboy image.
    On that, some level of focus on Bruce Wayne's billionaire status would be a good way to differentiate from the Nolan movies. Save for a couple of minor exceptions, Bale's Wayne was a pretty morose character.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If they do cast Wayne/Batman as slightly older (completely dependant on if this is following TDKR and him being retired), how about Jon Hamm

mad-men-jon-hamm-08_610.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Doubt they're going for an older batman. More likely they're just going for the bats vs supes battle.

Yeah, if this is going to be leading in to JL movie then I can't see them going down the old batman route.

Advertisement