Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Having watched Justice League: Doom, I think Nathan Fillion could potentially make a good Green Lantern. Well, that and I just want to see him in more movies.

I was never really interested in JL as I have zero interest in Superman but JL Doom sounds worth a watch for Nathan Fillion and Kevin Conroy alone. No way should JGL play Batman. He is a BRILLIANT actor but he just couldn't pull off Bats.

Kevin Conroy has been the best portrayal of Batman, even though he has just been a voice for animated series and games, he pulls off the lines flawlessly. I don't think there has been a great representation of Batman on the big screen. Keating got closest to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Also, I think of the film can be produce even 10% of what this trailer does, then this JL film could be something really special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

He'll probably cast himself as Superman if he gets it...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

He'll probably cast himself as Superman if he gets it...

he technically already played Superman in Hollywoodland :pac:

tumblr_m8i912Cf2L1rctwmjo1_400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

It has since been discredited by a rep for JGL, then again how often do we have actors vehemently denying their future role only to announce they have it mere days later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Nah, I'd have been VERY surprised if he had done it. JGL has worked very hard at getting smart or slightly off-kilter roles. Even when he does his summer blockbusters like TDKR and Inception (and, to a lesser estent Looper which I only thought was "meh") they are top quality and not your typical dumb action blockbuster.
    Now I'm not saying that Justice League, if it ever actually goes ahead (Look how close it came a few years ago) will be dumb but it won't exactly be Christopher Nolan. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Not EVERYTHING has to be dark and gritty: The Avengers was one of my favourite movies this year and it was light and funny. I just think it would be a major step backwards for him.

To be honest, I can't even see the film being made at all. 2015 they are talking about? Nah.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Okay, sorry, but there's too many of these Justice League/Batman reboot threads floating around, so I've merged them all together. Batman will probably be rebooted in the Justice League film, so we can discuss that here as well. I'd imagine the next standalone Batman film is a good few years off anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

JGL changes his name to Robin, he won't play Batman at best he will play Nightwing, it is a potential clusterfcuk to consider him for Batman. I don't know why Nolan didn't put JGL in charge of the kids and Wayne Manor at the end of the film seeing as he was an orphan too, it could have led into a spin off or reboot with him becoming Nightwing or even Batman and one of the kids Robin.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

JGL changes his name to Robin, he won't play Batman at best he will play Nightwing, it is a potential clusterfcuk to consider him for Batman. I don't know why Nolan didn't put JGL in charge of the kids and Wayne Manor at the end of the film seeing as he was an orphan too, it could have led into a spin off or reboot with him becoming Nightwing or even Batman and one of the kids Robin.

I guarantee we have seen the last of John Blake. Nolan has made it pretty clear imo that his films were a stand alone trilogy. When Batman gets rebooted it will be Bruce Wayne under the cowl, I will eat mine and every other poster in this forum's hat if they make John Blake Batman in another movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I guarantee we have seen the last of John Blake. Nolan has made it pretty clear imo that his films were a stand alone trilogy. When Batman gets rebooted it will be Bruce Wayne under the cowl, I will eat mine and every other poster in this forum's hat if they make John Blake Batman in another movie.

Well I know which hat I will be offering.....

BarbedWirehat.jpg

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It would have been an awful rumour if it turned out to be true. :pac: There's one particular reason that they would never consider doing it, it would be like the studio treading on Nolan's work and I suspect studios wouldn't want to irritate and potentially lose such a big money maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

It would have been intriguing, but I'm kind of glad they've decided not to go with Gordon Joseph Levitt's Batman. It was a nice little twist to end the Nolan series on but I think for the purposes of Justice League it needs to be 'the real deal' - Bruce Wayne is as an important facet of the character as Batman himself.

Having said that a 'Batman Beyond' type film might be intriguing... imagine if it had Michael Keaton playing an aged Bruce Wayne!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Why don't they just reboot Batman by making 'The Dark Knight Returns'

...perfect opportunity to bring back an older, crazier Keaton. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

FlashD wrote: »

Id rather bale do that than keaton

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ricero wrote: »
    Id rather bale do that than keaton

Funnily enough, though B&R was a crime against cinema and basically a smelly dump on the dreams of Batman fans everywhere I still reckon Clooney was a good choice for Batman. I think he'd be perfect has the grizzled old Bruce Wayne in Dark knight Returns movie.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Talk of Darkseid being the villian,I'll try to find a concrete link

http://www.examiner.com/article/darkseid-the-main-villain-new-justice-league-movie
    Well I've never heard of latino review but there ya go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The more I hear the more I worry. I can already hear the Thanos rip off cries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The hilarious thing is Jim Starlin based Thanos on Darkseid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Hmmm, would probably prefer if they left Darkseid to a sequel. Start off slow and build it up towards him... But oh well!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is Darkseid definite then? I hope they get Michael Ironside to do his voice.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Is Darkseid definite then? I hope they get Michael Ironside to do his voice.

Pity Bea Arthur is no longer with us, she'd make an excellent Granny Goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Dark Knight Rises already has scenes and plotlines lifted straight from The Dark Knight Returns.

To do a faithful take on Returns they would end up with a hellof a lot of similarities with Nolan's Rises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Finished my dream cast and decided to put it all together

12044_10200227091906851_1820235406_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Total nerd gasm splurt right there

Having rewatched Batman/Superman: Apocalypse, I have new hope for Darkseid as the villain. If they used WW, Big Barda and The Furies, that could offer an amazing female dynamic that The Avengers doesn't have.

Imagine a JL film helmed by Snyder with battles between Batman/Darkseid, Superman/Darkseid, Wonder Woman/Big Barda, Wonder Woman/The Furies and a big free for all between Supes/Batman/GL/The Flash/WW and Darkseid/The Furies/Big Barda.

That would be a tour de force that any action film would find difficult to contend with, never mind TA2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Having rewatched Batman/Superman: Apocalypse, I have new hope for Darkseid as the villain. If they used WW, Big Barda and The Furies, that could offer an amazing female dynamic that The Avengers doesn't have.

Imagine a JL film helmed by Snyder with battles between Batman/Darkseid, Superman/Darkseid, Wonder Woman/Big Barda, Wonder Woman/The Furies and a big free for all between Supes/Batman/GL/The Flash/WW and Darkseid/The Furies/Big Barda.

That would be a tour de force that any action film would find difficult to contend with, never mind TA2.

Apart from the word 'Snyder', I was right there with ya.

Heh touche. :D I guess MOS will tell us a lot about his credentials.

Looks like it's just going to be Bats, Supes, WW, GL & Flash in the movie, no Hawman/woman, Aquaman or Martian Manhunter then: http://latino-review.com/2013/01/24/exclusive-meet-final-5-members-justice-league-final-cut/

Makes sense not to have too many characters and stick with the ones people will know for the first film I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Definitely not going to get my hopes up for this. Just hope they don't mess up Batman, I care not for much of the others to be honest.

I would prefer them to make a JL film without Bats, or give him a very minor role. Its fine seeing him an animated film with the rest of JL, but I can't see it working in live action.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong, of course.

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Definitely not going to get my hopes up for this. Just hope they don't mess up Batman, I care not for much of the others to be honest.

I would prefer them to make a JL film without Bats, or give him a very minor role. Its fine seeing him an animated film with the rest of JL, but I can't see it working in live action.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong, of course.

Would be a disaster if they left him out imo.

Advertisement