Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Some rumours of leaning toward an older batman...I hope they go this way myself - ive seen enough batman at the start, I want to see him after years on the job

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-REBOOTED_BvS_rumor_Batman-BW-older-in-BvS_8-1-13.html?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_79409

um wasn't that what the last batman was supposed to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sagat06 wrote: »

id love it and the so would the studio. guarantee cash cow if bale signs up. he was a great batman and id love to see him come back again and the same for an older joker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

oh hell no, just let that universe have its story finished already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

As good as bale was, having him cast again would be a massive disappointment in my eyes.

Time for something new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Nah DC should try and tie all the films into one rather universe rather than giving Batman another fresh start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'd be conflicted if it's true. On the one hand I think the Nolanverse is done, but on the other, I think Bale and Cavill would bounce off each other well. Bale's Batman, I believe, would be perfect for what Snyder is allegedly trying to do as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,942 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'd be conflicted if it's true. On the one hand I think the Nolanverse is done, but on the other, I think Bale and Cavill would bounce off each other well. Bale's Batman, I believe, would be perfect for what Snyder is allegedly trying to do as well.

I feel the same way. Introducing a new Batman in a Man of Steel sequel would be a terrible idea.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

When will there be a wonder woman movie?
    We need that first and then a trinity movie which ends with them deciding to set up the JL.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,942 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Morag wrote: »
    We need that first and then a trinity movie which ends with them deciding to set up the JL.

Executives probably don't reckon a film with a female lead would sell. We only had one female Avenger after all.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Its Man of Steel then Flash then Justice League after that perhaps Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Executives probably don't reckon a film with a female lead would sell. We only had one female Avenger after all.

Yes that must be the case after the Hunger Games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Only when the character is no longer in control by WB/DC. They are pathetic. Just look at the animated movies which are mostly batman/superman too. If she was under Marvels control a movie would have been made already. DC has no idea how to look after its characters outside BM they have even struggled with Superman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Yes that must be the case after the Hunger Games.

WB for whatever reason are very conservative when it comes to female leads. They just don't like them. You look at Hunger Games, Underworld, Tombraider and Resident Evil are evidence that women in these roles make money.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,193 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Only when the character is no longer in control by WB/DC. They are pathetic. Just look at the animated movies which are mostly batman/superman too. If she was under Marvels control a movie would have been made already. DC has no idea how to look after its characters outside BM they have even struggled with Superman.

Tbf the WW animated movie was great. I do agree though, aside from Batman & Superman she's easily the most recogniseable JL member, even ahead of Flash.

I'd still maintain that on paper, and before Marvel struck their goldmine, that DC's "big 3" (Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman) were bigger pop culture icons than the original Avengers roster (Iron Man, Thor, Cap and Hulk).

But Marvel know what they are doing and have done it in a workman like and solid manner (which paid off in the uber phenomenon that was The Avengers).

WB/DC, on the other hand, are serial fcuk ups in the exception of Batman. I'm sure they'd love a WW film but are probably terrified at this stage of getting it wrong. Why they treat Goyer as the "go to" guy to develop a story and script I'll never know when DC have a litany of writers on their payroll that would do an infinitely better job producing a much more polished piece of work.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,193 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd still maintain that on paper, and before Marvel struck their goldmine, that DC's "big 3" (Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman) were bigger pop culture icons than the original Avengers roster (Iron Man, Thor, Cap and Hulk).

No doubt about it, the only one that was anywhere close to them would have been Hulk.

Aye, but that still couldn't help Hulk (2008) strike a chord with the audience. But Marvel recovered, rejigged their strategy and gained the character immense goodwill in TA.

I don't think WB/DC are capable of that though. There doesn't seem to be any calmness or measuredness in their actions. First they announce a Justice League film for 2015, but now that has become a World's Finest film. Then before MOS was even released they announced a sequel to it, only for the MOS sequel and the Justice League film to be mangled together to make a World's Finest film.

I really think WB convinced themselves that MOS had to make at least a billion in the box office (a ludicrous expectation for the first film in a reboot) and when it didn't, they panicked over the Superman character failing to be the talisman for their new shared universe. They are desperate to make these numbers, and I wouldn't be surprised if the rumour about offering Bale £40m is true, because in fairness if they could get him signed, then this film will easily break a billion. No doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

And the new Batman is............. Ben Afleck????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56087514/

Ben Affleck is Batman.

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Superman-Batman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

Affleck becomes the eighth actor to play the Caped Crusader, following Bale, George Clooney and Michael Keaton.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some,” WB president Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Directed by “Man of Steel” filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Superman-Batman feature will open worldwide on July 17, 2015, with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane reprising their roles.

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Soby wrote: »
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56087514/

Ben Affleck is Batman.

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Superman-Batman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

Affleck becomes the eighth actor to play the Caped Crusader, following Bale, George Clooney and Michael Keaton.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some,” WB president Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Directed by “Man of Steel” filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Superman-Batman feature will open worldwide on July 17, 2015, with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane reprising their roles.

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain

Just came in to post that, Ben Affleck not to sure about that one.

I like Ben Affleck as an actor but as Batman I just can't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I guess Bale turned down all the cash.

Funnily enough I was looking through a list a while ago of actors that could play the next joker and Casey Affleck was one of their top picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Surprised by that. Don't have a clue where they made the connection between Batman and him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He's a good actor, but i just can't see him fitting the role. Bad choice imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Kiith wrote: »
    He's a good actor, but i just can't see him fitting the role. Bad choice imo.

George Clooney.. :confused:

Then it went down extra cheesy route.

I liked the new Dark Knight Series, i fear Ben Affleck will reboot cheesiness. I hope i'm wrong.

*That could also apply to Val Kilmer, Billy Zane (The Phantom) and many, many more. I think the best suited actors for these types of roles are the lesser known, grittier actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wasnt thrilled about the re-boot to begin with, even less thrilled now that Affleck is going to be Batman. Much like Allyall, I think it will see the return of the cheesy Batman unfortunately.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I don't think he's a bad choice. I think he'd be great as a brooding, deadpan Batman. Bruce Wayne is another matter. Would've preferred Karl Urban, though

He'll look tthe part anyway

62nN7Jz.png

Obviously with a different costume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I like Affleck. Skeptical about this. Though, I was skeptical as all **** about Ledger being Joker...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I like Affleck. Skeptical about this. Though, I was skeptical as all **** about Ledger being Joker...

Fair point but... BEN AFFLECK! I've really warmed to him in recent years with Argo, The Town & Gone Baby Gone (director only) but this doesn't sit right with me. His last foray into the comic book world (Daredevil) was quite poor. He reminds me a bit of George Clooney too. I preferred the dark angle with Batman as opposed to the playboy millionaire with Bat-credit-cards. Would be interesting to see him do a more "detective" take on Batman. That could work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Daredevil was butchered by the theatrical cut a lot. Directors Cut is actually a pretty good film (getting rid of that love scene after the rain automatically made it twice as good) and he wasn't a bad Daredevil. Costume was a bit gimpy though.

Advertisement