Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers: Age of Ultron [** SPOILERS FROM POST 599 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Not a hope black panther is going to be in this. Serkis might be a set up but we'd know by now if there was an actor hired.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wakanda might be in it though and that opens the door to introduce Black Panther.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Yeah that's likely if rumours are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

It takes him about 2 seconds go get to Earth

I can't remember which Thor it is but I'm pretty sure the bit frost went bust in a previous film. So Stark probably built it just incase, plus with Starks cocky attitude he probably believes he is more capable to handle Thor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Sirsok wrote: »
    I can't remember which Thor it is but I'm pretty sure the bit frost went bust in a previous film. So Stark probably built it just incase, plus with Starks cocky attitude he probably believes he is more capable to handle Thor

Didn't Thor move to Earth permanently at the end of Dark World?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Didn't Thor move to Earth permanently at the end of Dark World?

No when he discovered he would be charged for water he decided against it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ive been staying away from this one so hadnt a clue that was spader doing the voice.

wonderful stuff !

its a first look trailer so i dont expect it to give away stuff and true enough it doesnt. but i found it weirdly leaning on the "horrific" side of things which i didnt expect for an avengers film.

the whole bit with what i presume is a proto ultron staggering out in an ironman suit to address the team was fairly creapy and tied in very well to the "strings/puppet" theme.

being a comics fan i know all about ultron but this seems to be a bit of a reinvention and im quite curious to see what they do with him. i agree that as potentially a wholely alien being (in that he's an AI/ Machine intelligence) he's got what it takes to be the best villain since loki (whom i didnt give a toss about before his movie incarnation). as a transformers fan im interested to see where they go with the notion of mechanical life and its motivations. christ knows ill be waiting decades for bay to go there.

TBH the only thing i found kinda lack lustre was quicksilver. i just didnt get the feel the guy was actually running all that fast.

still minor quibles.

the trailer perked my interest which is its job. looking forward to this one.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

TBH the only thing i found kinda lack lustre was quicksilver. i just didnt get the feel the guy was actually running all that fast.

It'd be a good thing IMO if they don't have Quicksilver as super powered as he was in X-Men. It is a glaring hole in an otherwise excellent movie that Quicksilver was conveniently forgotten about because otherwise he'd just have fixed everything in a heartbeat (or two).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buckybarnes

Bacchus wrote: »
    It'd be a good thing IMO if they don't have Quicksilver as super powered as he was in X-Men. It is a glaring hole in an otherwise excellent movie that Quicksilver was conveniently forgotten about because otherwise he'd just have fixed everything in a heartbeat (or two).

I think it's safe to assume that he won't be quite as powerful as his X-Men counterpart. The twins appear to get their powers from the infinity stones. Seeing as Pietro's hair is dark at first in the trailer and white later on, it's likely that their powers were given to them by hydra (whether they volunteer for this or are forced into it is debatable but I'd really hope the former isn't the case what with them being Jewish-Romani and hyrda being a Neo-Nazi organisation). When the twins are seen in action, Pietro is followed by a blue flash (the Tesseract) and Wanda's spells materialize in a red colour (the Aether). As with any new superhero, they'll still be adjusting to their abilities and probably won't have full control over them yet nor have had enough time to experiment with them as mutants would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 buckybarnes

Bacchus wrote: »

I think it's safe to assume that he won't be quite as powerful as his X-Men counterpart. The twins appear to get their powers from the infinity stones. Seeing as Pietro's hair is dark at first in the trailer and white later on, it's likely that their powers were given to them by hydra (whether they volunteer for this or are forced into it is debatable but I'd really hope the former isn't the case what with them being Jewish-Romani and hyrda being a Neo-Nazi organisation). When the twins are seen in action, Pietro is followed by a blue flash (the Tesseract) and Wanda's spells materialize in a red colour (the Aether). As with any new superhero, they'll still be adjusting to their abilities and probably won't have full control over them yet nor have had enough time to experiment with them as mutants would have.
    Corholio wrote: »
    A certainty that Wakanda and Black Panther will be a part of this too after that trailer. Especially with Andy Serkis's character, well who he almost certainly is I mean.

Marvel certainly isn't good with diversity but I doubt they'd cast as pale a person as Andy Serkis to play /Black Panther/. Honestly, I'd say it's much more likely that Serkis is playing Ulysses Klaw, or something along those lines at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,249 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Marvel certainly isn't good with diversity but I doubt they'd cast as pale a person as Andy Serkis to play /Black Panther/. Honestly, I'd say it's much more likely that Serkis is playing Ulysses Klaw, or something along those lines at least.

I think that's what he meant, that Serkis is possibly playing a character who is linked to Black Panther's story/origins, thereby introducing Black Panther into the franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Penn wrote: »
    I think that's what he meant, that Serkis is possibly playing a character who is linked to Black Panther's story/origins, thereby introducing Black Panther into the franchise.

Yes exactly, I definitely didn't think Serkis is Black panther :pac:. I didn't wanna say the character to spoil it for people who wouldn't know, but yes he almost certainly is Klaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭Tefral

Not sure if this has been mentioned but aren't we pretty sure Loki's staff has the mind control gem? What if banner and Thor are under its influence in the scenes where they are attacking stark?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,552 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

cronin_j wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but aren't we pretty sure Loki's staff has the mind control gem? What if banner and Thor are under its influence in the scenes where they are attacking stark?

Not really any mention of Loki in the build-up to this movie, is there even confirmation he'll feature? I'd say it's more anger based on Stark creating Ultron... and also the fact that Hulk is just a bit of a rage monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

cronin_j wrote: »

The gems will come into their own in Infinity Wars more than likely. They showed an image at the conference of Thanos with all the stones in the Gauntlet. I would say Loki will have a big bearing before that film, in Avengers 2....I wouldn't say likely. But who knows.

thanos-2-banner.jpg?resize=600%2C300

The only stone in this will be Loki's one. It was shown in the Cap America 2 post credit scene, it's the reason Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch have their powers. I'd hazard a guess that that shot of the Cap checking out some old building ties into that thread of the story.

How many stones is it we know of now... Loki's, the tesseract, the aether & the one from GotG. There's only 2 left and plenty of movies between now and Avengers 3 to introduce them in. Hopefully, we don't get a deux ex machina ending thanks to one of the stones in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Extended trailer shown with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,059 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I love the small bit of movement and look on thors face when Cap has a go is brilliant.

Identical teaser with a nice little interaction between the heroes chilling out at the start. +1 to the look on Thor's face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭Tefral

Not really any mention of Loki in the build-up to this movie, is there even confirmation he'll feature? I'd say it's more anger based on Stark creating Ultron... and also the fact that Hulk is just a bit of a rage monster.

Loki doesn't have to be in it to wield it though. Baron Von Strucker had it in his possession. But ya I'd say your right too about the anger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Ok that bit at the start is pretty good. I'm really looking forward to the whole creation of ultron part of the film. One problem with that trailer....... Coming in 3D!!! come on don't bother,

I wanna see it on a biggest/best screen in 2D. Not have to settle for a smaller screen just because studios and cinemas think people actually want the film ruined by the usual 3D darkness and stuff.

Also coming April is that a mistake or have they moved it from its May 1st release date!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is a 3rd woman sitting drinking with them that I can't make out, Maria Hill and Black Widow are shown in close ups.

The other woman is sitting in a chair by herself maybe its Jane Foster you can she her at 52 seconds it is the chair beside Thor.

It could also be Pepper I guess.

But neither Natalie Portman or Gwyneth Paltrow are listed as being in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

There is a 3rd woman sitting drinking with them that I can't make out, Maria Hill and Black Widow are shown in close ups.

picture.php?albumid=1458&pictureid=15307

Can't tell. Looks like Amy Acker TBH
    I love the small bit of movement and look on thors face when Cap has a go is brilliant.

picture.php?albumid=1458&pictureid=15308

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There's a Korean scientist character working for Stark. It's probably her.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Watched the trailer for Age Of Ultron several times when it was officially put online, and safe to say The Avengers 2 will be an awesome film. When James Spader was cast as Ultron, that was hook, line & sinker for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Agreed on Spader. Too often actors are cast for voice-over roles based on their names alone, and the characters they "portray" end up being pretty bland/lifeless. The casting of Spader though, is inspired.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just throwing it out there, seeing as Captain America 3 will be subtitled Civil War, and RDJ is rumored to be involved in said film, I was wondering if the tension between Tony & Cap would start to build/show as Age Of Ultron progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think thats a given with Stark the catalyst for Ultron being born , I think Cap isn't the only one whose gonna be pissed with Iron Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Isn't RDJ confirmed for Civil War? I assumed they confirmed him at the press event on Tuesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Isn't RDJ confirmed for Civil War? I assumed they confirmed him at the press event on Tuesday?

100% confirmed.

Advertisement