Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers: Age of Ultron [** SPOILERS FROM POST 599 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gintonious wrote: »
    Why does he have speakers in his cheeks?

It makes it easier for him to drop a beat that way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,106 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Loughc wrote: »
    Since SHIELD is no more stark creates Ultron to protect mankind but Ultron begins to detect humans as the enemy.

Isn't he an accidental creation? He is trying, as far as I can guess (from reading about Ultron in general) to create automated Iron Man robots - an Ultron is created from that. In Marvel history Ultron is some sort of self creating virus within AI that works to create itself as a full figure. Not simply an AI gone bad like Cyberdyne.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Isn't he an accidental creation? He is trying, as far as I can guess (from reading about Ultron in general) to create automated Iron Man robots - an Ultron is created from that. In Marvel history Ultron is some sort of self creating virus within AI that works to create itself as a full figure. Not simply an AI gone bad like Cyberdyne.

You are 100% correct. For the Marvel Movie Universe I think they are going with the route, Stark creates Ultron to protect mankind in lieu of S.H.I.E.L.D being no more.

You are 100% correct. For the Marvel Movie Universe I think they are going with the route, Stark creates Ultron to protect mankind in lieu of S.H.I.E.L.D being no more.

Which goes mental, kicks ass and when they defeat it they realise that they need the human element that SHIELD brings.
    Return of Fury et al. with SHIELD then being tasked with superhero registration (as Stark, through Ultron, has just caused countless deaths and mega damage) causing the civil war of Cap 3?

Which goes mental, kicks ass and when they defeat it they realise that they need the human element that SHIELD brings.
    Return of Fury et al. with SHIELD then being tasked with superhero registration (as Stark, through Ultron, has just caused countless deaths and mega damage) causing the civil war of Cap 3?

That makes great sense and flows seemlessly into Captain America 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

It makes it easier for him to drop a beat that way :P

He does a mean robot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

• Registered Users Posts: 60,331 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

First Avengers: Age Of Ultron TV Spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

First Avengers: Age Of Ultron TV Spot.

Cant see anything but am on mobile. is it the same as the previous trailers or more spoilers and the plot spelled out again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Even though it was obvious as day when the trailer first came out.
    Andy Serkis officially confirmed as Black Panther villian Ulysses Klaw in Avengers: Age Of Ultron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,562 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Wasn't Hank Pym the original creator of Ultron?

Wasn't Hank Pym the original creator of Ultron?

He was, but Tony Stark 'tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry'. Taken from the official synopsis for the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Aye hopefully Pym still has his part in the original creation of this "peace-keeping" programme, probably alongside Howard Stark.

It would actually make Ant Man mean something and make it the actual logical next step in the MCU story process.

I would expect a link between Pym and Stark
    to be name droped in Agent Carter over the next few weeks as Hayley Atwell has a cameo in Ant-Man.
    This will be a way introduce Hank Pym into the MCU without a whole origin story and also link it to Avengers 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

The Age of Ultron Prequel Comics are out.
    In the one Called Avengers: Age of Ultron Prelude - This Scepter’d Isle
    shows us what happened to Loki’s scepter after the battle of New York in the first ‘Avengers’ film, and how the scepter plays an integral role in the powers of Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, aka Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. This concept of “activating” specific people with certain objects was recently introduced in ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,’ serving to further connect the MCU with Marvel’s TV series.

DIG051935_3.jpg?1422994291

avengers_scepter.jpg

It appears all the panels are here: https://marvelthailandfan.wordpress.com/2015/02/04/%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B3%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%87%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87wanda-%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A-pietro-maximoff/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

How did you find that...!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

B-n_ClcUAAAMdpM.jpg:large

New official poster confirms
    the appearance of Falcon, Peggy Carter, Heimdall and Erik Selvig

• Registered Users Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Germany thinks Ironman is more important than Cap :)

x4OdOtZ.jpg

The poster looks cool :D, think it's time to really start getting excited about this film.

How does the poster confirm the appearance of
    Falcon, Peggy Carter, Heimdall and Erik Selvig
    ?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The poster looks cool :D, think it's time to really start getting excited about this film.

?
    Cast names at the bottom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

?

The cast list at the bottom. Must admit, I looked for them in the actual picture as well :pac: Also confirms
    War Machine/Rhodes
    I guess. Probably not worth the spoiler tags in hindsight. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

?

The actor names are in the small text at the bottom :)

War Machine too.

Who is in the centre of the poster, with the cape? Strange??

War Machine too.

Who is in the centre of the poster, with the cape? Strange??
    Vision

Vision

Yeahm copped it in the car

Maybe another big spoiler also on the poster
    Danny Elfman provided additional material seems people think this is linked to Spiderman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Think its about that time where I try to stop reading this thread the closer the film comes the more info will become apparent...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Maybe another big spoiler also on the poster
    Danny Elfman provided additional material seems people think this is linked to Spiderman

If that is the case I'd say at best we're looking at a post credit scene of the web-slinger swinging through NYC, or something like that that doesn't require casting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

That poster is an confused mish mash of crap. Seriously. Did they just throw as many layers at photoshop as they could & print off the first thing it auto arranged?

And whats with all the light sources ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah it's about as bad as every other movie poster that's churned out these days, though for whatever reason superhero movies seem to have ones that are particularly badly composed. I miss actual, professional design & artistry in my movie posters. The above is just a half-assed deviantart submission...

Advertisement