Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers: Age of Ultron [** SPOILERS FROM POST 599 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hulk Buster Armour looks just class. Film could be 5 hours long with amount going on in it. I thought Stark vs Banner would be one of the Iron Man films alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Yeah like the hulkbuster armour too, and now until may I watch no more, Ill re-watch that again but thats it. Like GOTG trailer this will keep me happy till release, just without the oooka shaka :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hulk Buster Armour looks just class. Film could be 5 hours long with amount going on in it. I thought Stark vs Banner would be one of the Iron Man films alone.

that would be amazing a 5-6 hour long film with an intermission

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I want to know what Caps upto up in the old bunker like place, Hulkbuster and Ultron look amazing though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That trailer was good. Liked the Hulkbuster armour too, and Ultron looked pretty good. Hopefully, he's actually a real threat as a villain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

titan18 wrote: »
    That trailer was good. Liked the Hulkbuster armour too, and Ultron looked pretty good. Hopefully, he's actually a real threat as a villain

He'd have to kill off an Avenger or two for that, like was mentioned earlier all the Marvel villains so far have been kinda weak. Thanos is the real big bag of the upcoming movies I'm guessing he'll fit into Guardians 2 and Avengers 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

Trailer looked awesome for me ticked all the boxes and Ultron sounds almost jokeresque in the trailer. officially psyched

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Could people please spoiler talk of the trailer content?

I'm not watching it as I'd like to keep a few surprises for as long as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Could people please spoiler talk of the trailer content?

I'm not watching it as I'd like to keep a few surprises for as long as possible

Surely a movie thread is only going to include trailer talk and other speculation at such an early stage, if you're trying to keep the suprises, is it not worth avoiding the thread entirely?

Nothing special in the trailer, almost completely interchangeable with any of the other marvel trailers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

What exactly was spoiled anyway (in the trailer or the comments on it)?

Watched it again at home on the big TV (a sneaky viewing at work doesn't do it justice). Ultron looks like he'll be very unique villain and showed more personality in one monologue than any of the recent Marvel offerings have over the course of their respective movies. Genuine creepy, sinister almost horror-like vibe off him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Interesting to see if they can make a villain thats not Loki interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

He'd have to kill off an Avenger or two for that, like was mentioned earlier all the Marvel villains so far have been kinda weak. Thanos is the real big bag of the upcoming movies I'm guessing he'll fit into Guardians 2 and Avengers 3

Spot on. Iron man 3 is the one that sticks in my mind for knowing there was no way anyone important would die. Did ruin the film.
    Some people need to die. It does seem to be a massively bloated cast even for a 3 hour movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭macslash

Lads sorry I haven't read the comics. Why does Stark build the Hulkbuster?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

macslash wrote: »

In case Hulk goes out of control essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

So he can get to find out what it's like to have his ass handed to him by the Hulk :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

you'd have no idea what they story is about from the trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

you'd have no idea what they story is about from the trailer

which i like cause it will keep us all guessing nothing worse than when we know the whole file from a trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

macslash wrote: »
    The hulkbuster was in iron man 3 but it was destroyed. So why remake a new one? Hulk saved his life in avengers!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

sky88 wrote: »
    which i like cause it will keep us all guessing nothing worse than when we know the whole file from a trailer

I'd like a bit more that just random shots of the sort of stuff we've seen in previous films

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

The hulkbuster was in iron man 3 but it was destroyed. So why remake a new one? Hulk saved his life in avengers!?

That's Iron Man 3, no need for spoiler text IMO.

That was not Hulkbuster in Iron Man 3. It was rumoured to be but it wasn't it was a heavy lifting suit called Igor and was used as such in IM3. Hulkbuster is an entirely different beast altogether. The thing looks huge. The reason for Stark building it was probably a straightforward one, he thinks ahead, looks at all the variables. Hulk is a huge variable and he planned for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Bacchus wrote: »
    That's Iron Man 3, no need for spoiler text IMO.

That was not Hulkbuster in Iron Man 3. It was rumoured to be but it wasn't it was a heavy lifting suit called Igor and was used as such in IM3. Hulkbuster is an entirely different beast altogether. The thing looks huge. The reason for Stark building it was probably a straightforward one, he thinks ahead, looks at all the variables. Hulk is a huge variable and he planned for it.

It is certainly likely that it was Stark planning ahead

Imo it is also possible given the current treatment of Banner's character that he would ask Stark to buid it in case he goes off the deep end and needs to be stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

I think the real question should be, why build a Hulkbuster when you've got Thor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

sky88 wrote: »

It's Marvel though so there's inevitably a trailer coming that will spoil the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I think the real question should be, why build a Hulkbuster when you've got Thor?

Because Thor lives in Asgard, Hulk lives on Earth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'd say things aren't going smoothly within the team at that stage. Stark and Banner may be a personal thing rather than the Hulk necessarily being out of control again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Squeedily Spooch

It's Marvel though so there's inevitably a trailer coming that will spoil the whole thing.

Best thing is to avoid all trailers past the teaser, I won't be watching anything else of Avengers 2 until release. Haven't seen anything for Interstellar either only the teaser and that was enough, I don't even know the full cast lol been avoiding everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

It takes him about 2 seconds go get to Earth

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A certainty that Wakanda and Black Panther will be a part of this too after that trailer. Especially with Andy Serkis's character, well who he almost certainly is I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Corholio wrote: »
    A certainty that Wakanda and Black Panther will be a part of this too after that trailer. Especially with Andy Serkis's character, well who he almost certainly is I mean.

Also hinted at with Caps broken Shield only one place to get whats needed to fix it.

Advertisement