Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Email - Down, Cancelled??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

Actually its not working, it appears to check for mail properly but no new messages are coming in,just sent myself a test message and not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Strasser wrote: »
    Actually its not working, it appears to check for mail properly but no new messages are coming in,just sent myself a test message and not working.

Yes, this is what's happening to me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tom_in_cork

not back for me either
    frustrating
    for future, how does one route these emails to gmail? time to abandon iol.ie I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Still down for me here in Cork

Sent an email as a test , it went , but not can't get it back .

IOL.ie is my main mail addy for close on 12 /13 years now . Last time i had a problem with IOL i sorted it by deleting everything in my mailbox . That is not the case this time tho , my mailbox is empty .

I can login on http://webmail.iol.ie/cgi-bin/cwmail.cgi no bother at all.

Can not get my mail from there either ??

I'm using Windows Live Mail ( IOL POP ) Server

outgoing emails are delivered
    incoming emails aren't
    and incoming emails bounce back to sender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

Does anyone know who maintains the @iol.ie service now??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Does anyone know who maintains the @iol.ie service now??

BT Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭dubmark74

I'm on IOL.ie email, I haven't got any emails since yesterday afternoon, if I send an email to my account it gets bounced back. just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. I can't seem to get a contact number for technical support. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Ya.. same here. Nothing yesterday afternoon.... came back last night... and gone again this morning.

So... will just wait and see !

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Ya.. same here. Nothing yesterday afternoon.... came back last night... and gone again this morning.

So... will just wait and see !

Thanks for that. I was only wondering the other day if IOL still exist. I've been on their email for years, was thinking of switching to gmail, but a lot of hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I haven't been able to receive emails from around lunch time yesterday. I use an email client, Incredimail, and thought the problem was there as it filters through a few email accounts.

I just logged into iol webmail and when I check for new mail this is what Im getting
    W10: Cannot login to host (gpo.iol.ie:110)
    W11: User or Password incorrect for muffler (-ERR Authentication failed.)

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Seems to be working again, lost a days emails

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

You need to contact customer.care@btireland.ie or else phone 1800 924 925, select option 3 followed by option 2

The more people who raise issues, the quicker they will investigate it/resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 raynor11111

Everything back to normal.
    They had a problem with their server from around 1pm yesterday.All emails sent to IOL accounts bounced back to the senders

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ecu

outgoing emails are delivered
    incoming emails aren't
    and incoming emails bounce back to sender

Had the login problems initially yesterday and then exactly the issue above and until ca. 10:10 this morning, when the first email made it in via IOL again. Have just tried a test email to my IOL account again now (11:30) and I could receive it. Fingers crossed!

Paulw wrote: »
    You need to contact customer.care@btireland.ie or else phone 1800 924 925, select option 3 followed by option 2

The more people who raise issues, the quicker they will investigate it/resolve it.
    I just banged off an email to them and asked them to reply to a a different email account ;)

I see mail has come through on a couple of accounts from around 10 and later this morning so hopefully whatever problems they had have been sorted but Im worried about the lost mail from yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Mine is still down, any ideas?

I sent them off en email also last night .

My mail is back up and running ok now , but lost all yesterdays mails .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Yesterday, from about noon, 3 out of 4 of my email addresses asked for password and did not accept the answer (with Outlook) but my main one worked. Now the 3 that did not work had their passwords changed on 14th May this year, but the one that worked had the original password going back years. This morning all addresses were out. I think they must have had some form of crash and did a restore to bfore that date and consequently later email paswords were rejected. Realising their problem from complaints, they took down the system and restored correctly this morning. That is my opinion for what it is worth.

IOL is supported by BT (Wholsale), who can be contacted @ 1 800 923 924 from 9 am to 6 pm Mon - Fri. They say they will support IOL.IE for the forseeable future.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

I've no emails all weekend. I get this message
    procmail: Quota exceeded while writing etc etc.
    Any one else with this problem??

iol working fine for me

Yup, all seems well on my end also. :)

All good here too .

All working here too. I remember I had a problem like that before and it was due to my mailbox being too big, just had to delete a few messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

PcAngel wrote: »
    I get this message
    procmail: Quota exceeded while writing etc etc.

If you are getting a quota exceeded message then its just you. Bummer. Try deleting some mail to free up some space. Once cleared, it should start working again then fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

My iol email is down, anyone else having problems?

Ok here .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

My IOL email is not working properly. It does not send correctly.
    'Connection to the server interrupted. If the problem continues contact your server administrator or your ISP provider'

However, sometimes it works. It appears to send OK, but I am not sure. Test emails have got through, but they take a long time.

Anyone else having problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Working here, having a few issues with UPC , but ill working

Advertisement