Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2 - Dark Reavers guild/gaming clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Hi guys,

Myself and 3 friends have rolled on Gunner's Hold and are hoping to apply at some point. We are all very active, currently levels 23 - 30 and would love to join and get involved in guild activities. We will be mainly focusing on PvP at higher levels but would help out with anything guild related.

Is there any word on when applications are going to be re-opened?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

Send in your application on the website. Then Send Darkademic (note spelling) an ingame msg saying youve applied and youre friends with some of the other irish in the guild. Id say they would be fairly open to adding you even if officially the applications are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Xeyn wrote: »
    Send in your application on the website. Then Send Darkademic (note spelling) an ingame msg saying youve applied and youre friends with some of the other irish in the guild. Id say they would be fairly open to adding you even if officially the applications are closed.

Ok mate thanks I've done that. Will be in game around 10pm so I'll send that message as soon as I'm online.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

are the applications still closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

woo accepted in today, i must go and introduce myself! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Anyone have a link for the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Chuey

http://www.darkreavers.co.uk/apply

Recruitment is closed atm, except for friends of exsisting members. No signs of that changing in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

http://www.darkreavers.co.uk/apply

Recruitment reopen for WvW players only. Please feel free to apply :)

DkR moved to Blacktide server

Due to the fall of interest in WvW, Dark Reavers guild have moved to blacktide Server from Gunnars Hold. Also i think alot of the initiative alliance is moving or has moved to blacktide so u will see Gunnars hold WvW even getting worse. Kiss Guild is also moving to another server, not sure where.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have you noticed alot of people dropping out of your guild?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Have you noticed alot of people dropping out of your guild?

Yes bigtime and its the same on most servers, the so called endgame being WvW is pretty empty on most servers from what im hearing.
    I logged in Friday night @ about 9pm for the first time in weeks and the place was dead both WvW and PVE.
    It says it all when guilds are transferring to other servers to even get some WvW action.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Dcully wrote: »
    Yes bigtime and its the same on most servers, the so called endgame being WvW is pretty empty on most servers from what im hearing.
    I logged in Friday night @ about 9pm for the first time in weeks and the place was dead both WvW and PVE.
    It says it all when guilds are transferring to other servers to even get some WvW action.

First off [DkR] have moved to Blacktide. The reason for the move from what I can see, is that there is a serious lack of co-ordination in WvW by the guilds there, [DkR] have tried to organise the server but there is a lot of non-Co-operation from a certain major guild and other Pugs. Nothing to do with the fact there is no action and in fact there was queues to get into WvW every evening last week in Gunnars. The reason Blacktide was chosen is that it is an unnofficial Russian/Polish Server so their peak times do not clash with ours, hence better chance of of holding points throughout the day.

When transferring i noticed that 2 servers were full, majority were highley populated and about 5 Medium populated so dont know where you are getting that the servers are dead?? Ive noticed some mid level zones having less population in PvE due to ppl maxing their chars so that may be the reason ya think the server is dead?

I dont get this fascination with end game some people seem to have, have had an absolute blast with my 1st char and almost finished his personal storyline, completing story mode dungeons as they became available. Intend on doing the Explore mode of dungeons once I hit the cap and roll another char.

It was Anets intention not to have levels at all in this game but player feedback showed that people wanted levels, don't see the point of them myself if people are rushing to the cap and missing most of the content.

_Puma_ wrote: »
    First off [DkR] have moved to Blacktide. The reason for the move from what I can see, is that there is a serious lack of co-ordination in WvW by the guilds there, [DkR] have tried to organise the server but there is a lot of non-Co-operation from a certain major guild and other Pugs. Nothing to do with the fact there is no action and in fact there was queues to get into WvW every evening last week in Gunnars. The reason Blacktide was chosen is that it is an unnofficial Russian/Polish Server so their peak times do not clash with ours, hence better chance of of holding points throughout the day.

When transferring i noticed that 2 servers were full, majority were highley populated and about 5 Medium populated so dont know where you are getting that the servers are dead?? Ive noticed some mid level zones having less population in PvE due to ppl maxing their chars so that may be the reason ya think the server is dead?

I dont get this fascination with end game some people seem to have, have had an absolute blast with my 1st char and almost finished his personal storyline, completing story mode dungeons as they became available. Intend on doing the Explore mode of dungeons once I hit the cap and roll another char.

It was Anets intention not to have levels at all in this game but player feedback showed that people wanted levels, don't see the point of them myself if people are rushing to the cap and missing most of the content.

Im level 90 so its nothing to do with mid level quiet zones.

Nothing to do with the fact there is no action and in fact there was queues to get into WvW every evening last week in Gunnars.

Are you sure about that?
    DKR guild leader seems to think otherwise.

quoted from the man himself

"WvW seems to get emptier and emptier each week, and this week there aren't even any weekend queues."

While on mumble Friday night people weresaying WvW is very quiet and the polulation in general on the server was poor.

There was no queue at 9pm Friday night which you would expect to eb peak time and the place was dead , no not mid level zones im talking about high level zones .cities and WvW.

As for you not seeing the fascination with endgame, thats fair enough there are millions upon millions who do me included :)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Im level 90 so its nothing to do with mid level quiet zones.

Are you sure about that?
    DKR guild leader seems to think otherwise.

quoted from the man himself

"WvW seems to get emptier and emptier each week, and this week there aren't even any weekend queues."

While on mumble Friday night people weresaying WvW is very quiet and the polulation in general on the server was poor.

There was no queue at 9pm Friday night which you would expect to eb peak time and the place was dead , no not mid level zones im talking about high level zones .cities and WvW.

As for you not seeing the fascination with endgame, that's fair enough there are millions upon millions who do me included :)

I was on all day Saturday and in the evening on Sunday, queued to get into WvW Baruch bay borderlands for about 10 min on sat and about 30 min on Sunday to EB. As for 9pm Friday I cant comment but from what I saw on Saturday afternoon we were being stomped on Friday so no surprise in people not playing. Now I do believe there is some bug with the queuing system as there seemed that we didn't have a full map of players on Saturday although people had to queue to get in.

From my experience anyway it is a far call from being empty, but I do agree the population is decreasing. Not surprising since the game is out nearly 2 months now without any content updates(With the first content update coming on the 22nd).

Just as a matter of interest how did you reach 80(Cap is 80 btw)? When doing zones did you do a full chain of dynamic events, not just doing one step in it if it happened to be near a heart. I was doing that myself at the start, missed out on a lot of Dynamic event End bosses simply because I didn't see the chain through. Its in these Dynamic events where most of the content is in this game.

As for needing end game, GW1 had no end game(Dungeons added later in EOTN) and that did pretty ok. Not arguing that people want end game raids(Im gonna assume mainly WoW players) but this is not that type of game, never was. Time Consuming end game would go against the games manifesto of being able to jump in for 30 mins and actually achieving something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

hope they never bring in raids. I would like to enjoy pvp without the need to grind. and personally i found lvlin to 80 the most painfree enjoyable mmo yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

Wvw is far from dead, still long Qs on most big servers and massive fights all the time.

What is with people who move on to other/there previous mmos and have to try make everyone else think the one they left is dead/dying

Its some sort of well I didnt like it, so therefore noone else can and game is dead cause I say so

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

The servers populations are split between pve, wvw and spvp. Each of those areas are split between active, casual and inactive. The game is out for a while now so pve is spread out more as well. I've still seen loads of people running about at all hours and just go to a big world event and you'll see hundreds more often than not.

I don't particularly care if people say the game is dying. I'm still having fun and I still see loads of others who still are.

I've got a level 80, a lvl 50 and a bunch of teen alts. There are people with map completion and legendaries but for me that will take many months if not more and I'm in no rush to get there.

Also are apps still closed? The small guild i had set up with some friends(was never really proper just somewhere to lump us together) is kinda dead as 2 of em have had rl stuff come up few others just dont play as much or have flaked a bit as was to be expected they always do :P

What is with people who move on to other/there previous mmos and have to try make everyone else think the one they left is dead/dying

Its some sort of well I didnt like it, so therefore noone else can and game is dead cause I say so

I dont see anyone trying to make everyone else feel like the game is dying :confused:
    I do see people who bought the game express opinions and thoughts on the game , whats wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I dont see anyone trying to make everyone else feel like the game is dying :confused:
    I do see people who bought the game express opinions and thoughts on the game , whats wrong with that?

There is a time and a place for discussions, this is neither the time nor the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

i beleive this thread is about DkR recruitment, getting way off op.

refer to this thread....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055657052

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Linky

DKR's applications are open again. Feel free to stick in an application if you are in the market for a large active guild :D

What size are yas outa interest, like 300+ or like 80.
    (both are large kins to me :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

im only level 12, is this open for fresh fishes aswell? social side of things is all im interested in atm

Recruitment is up and running. Very active pve stuff going on atm, this week not so active in terms of WvW. Hopefully that will get sorted when our commander returns

[DkR] have moved to Desolation server in an effort to step up our recruitment and revive guild presence in GW2. Apply here if you would like to join

signed up and accepted

a friend has been trying to get me onto this, but the price is a little steep. Is there anywhere else i can get this at a good price?

its the same price as any other game, an mmo with no monthly subscription!

• Advertisement

copeyhagen wrote: »
    its the same price as any other game, an mmo with no monthly subscription!

No its 55 euro . Or 75 with some extra bits and pieces. :eek:

Advertisement