Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2 - Dark Reavers guild/gaming clan

Options
  • 03-08-2012 3:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Just a note to let the rest of you guys interested in GW2 that some of us from Boards have teamed up with Dark Reavers gaming clan. I myself am just a member but I can tell you it will be one of the best guilds to get in with if you are big into WvW pvp. We were playing on Desolation server which was joined 1st with two other guilds when it came to WvW on the european servers. However i have recently been informed that they will be choosing another server at launch so keep an eye on their web site if you have an interest.

I can only recommend that those of you looking to get into an excellent guild for GW2 apply asap to them. Theres little room left in the guild so if all spaces are full I suggest rolling on their choice of server with a view to joining the guild at a later date.

If you are already in Dark Reavers Guild please leave some feedback on this thread with your own experience of the guild. Hope to see you there on launch.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sent in an application there, though is says that they aren't accepting anyone at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

I am also a member, but just to clarify, they are NOT rolling on Desolation. They will announce the choice of server about a week before launch. They were playing on Desolation in the beta w/ends but have decided not to go with it. There will be quite a large alliance group going to whatever server they choose.

There seems to be some very active and knowledgable player base settled in the guild and Id say pretty well organised with some lofty goals. Id say they are going to be a pretty strong guild.
    I went on during the 3rd beta weekend with them and there were tonnes of us on the mumble channel.
    Ill be rolling on whatever server they choose with them as my primary guild but ill be joining a smaller guild on another server with friends who i made on the last guild wars. (if thats permitted)

Kiith wrote: »
    Sent in an application there, though is says that they aren't accepting anyone at the moment.

Ive just had a word by the leader of the guild and he said friends are welcome to join regardless of recruitment status so if there's no joy on the official recruitment protocol just pm me and ill get about adding you to the guild as a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Xeyn wrote: »
    I am also a member, but just to clarify, they are NOT rolling on Desolation. They will announce the choice of server about a week before launch. They were playing on Desolation in the beta w/ends but have decided not to go with it. There will be quite a large alliance group going to whatever server they choose.

thanks for that update Xeyn, i have edited the first post now :)
    Ill be rolling on whatever server they choose with them as my primary guild but ill be joining a smaller guild on another server with friends who i made on the last guild wars. (if thats permitted)

As far as im aware its no problem as long as you "represent" DKR.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Just bought the game today, if that guild aint recruiting keep an update here on server you guys will play as a few of us from horde outland will be looking for somewhere to play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Seems im late to this guild party,ill be buying the game and most likely seeking a guild.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

As Omphin pointed out applications from Friends or families of current members should be able to get in no problem, just let us know and reference current members.

Regardless if you get in right away or not, I'm sure that there will be an opening, as the Guild cap in GW2 starts at 50 and goes up to 500...
    We have less then half that number signed up for GW2, so it means there will be space.

The server Desolation that [DrK] used for the beta will not be the server of choise come release, due to the number of other guilds who have currently written that they will be rolling there.

http://www.darkreavers.co.uk/
    www.gw2guilds.org

Cool good to know, even if we just knew the server you guys were playing be handy as you could have more allies and we could play with some of the older guys from wow ect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I actually got accepted there yesterday...i must be amazing :P

Looking forward to doing some large scale PvP. Sounds like you had a blast over the beta weekend, and definitely cool to see you being undefeated in WvW.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

the WvW was great fun during BWE3.... very large battles and stand off's vs 2 French servers....

The French put up one hell of a fight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

the WvW was great fun during BWE3.... very large battles and stand off's vs 2 French servers....

The French put up one hell of a fight...

Indeed!

Just to add my 2c, I am also in Dark Reavers and it is prob one of the best guild's I have ever been with.

I joined them before Beta Weekend 3 and had a blast during it. The French where tough but we managed to get them down :D

They are a sound bunch of lads and the level of organization is just unreal. They have everything down to a T.

Indeed we are not rolling on Desolation anymore due to the sheer number of random guild's who are now rolling there after desolation won WvWvW 3 BWE's in a row.

If you check out www.gw2guilds.org like saviour has suggested you can see how many guilds have chosen desolation.

If you are clever you can see where Dark Reavers is gone too :P This is only a place holder name currently though and we are not 100% sure if we are rolling there. Await word, We are announcing our final server choice on the 12th.

All in all if you are looking for a sound bunch of lads interested in all aspects of the game then check them out.

I applied there just now even though recruitment is closed.

Dcully wrote: »
    I applied there just now even though recruitment is closed.

If you can add that you are a friend of 'Xeynobrand' they will accept you.

If you can add that you are a friend of 'Xeynobrand' they will accept you.
    There doesnt seem to be an option to see my app and to edit.

Ive tried to let them know by replying to the application recieved email,probably wont get to them but we will see.
    I registered and applied under the name Cully, fyi :)

Ill make a quick post on the forum to that effect so you should be accepted! :)

Got accepted , thanks for that :)
    Really does seem an excellent community there, looking forward to geting stuck in with the guild.

anyone else looking to join just post here. Have to say i love the logos they make for members
    omphin.jpg

got accepted as did Roax :) waiting to get access to forums :).

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I'll post about joining too so I can annoy Cully.:D

Nemesis wrote: »
    I'll post about joining too so I can annoy Cully.:D

Good to see your still alive and kicking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭lockup35

Is recruitment closed for now? Was looking to put in an application..

lockup35 wrote: »
    Is recruitment closed for now? Was looking to put in an application..

I think the application section is closed for now but best thing to do is keep in touch here and we will announce what server we are rolling on when the officers announce it to us. Then once you are in game I dont think it will be a problem to get you a guild invite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I'm really keen to sign up. I'll keep an eye out for you in-game Omphin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Any word on the home server you'll be on yet?

Any word on the home server you'll be on yet?

Here is a link to the server list. If you click on Boreal Station you will see that DKR have selected that server for the time being, however this is not Final so stay tuned here and those of us that are in the guild will inform you on our server choice and help you get an invite as soon as we get in game.

DKR seem to be a really fine guild, my only niggle would be the size of it.
    200+ members is pretty insane , i usually go with 20-30 guild size as i like to get to know people.
    Having said that WvWvW 200+ will be awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Dcully wrote: »
    DKR seem to be a really fine guild, my only niggle would be the size of it.
    200+ members is pretty insane , i usually go with 20-30 guild size as i like to get to know people.
    Having said that WvWvW 200+ will be awesome :)

I'm part of that guild too and yeah the size was a little intimidating but WvW is going to be awesome with them, they're incredibly organized and along with the alliance I'm looking forward to some epic battles.

I like the way their Mumble is setup too, on release it'll make it easier to get to know people in smaller chunks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I'm part of that guild too and yeah the size was a little intimidating but WvW is going to be awesome with them, they're incredibly organized and along with the alliance I'm looking forward to some epic battles.

I like the way their Mumble is setup too, on release it'll make it easier to get to know people in smaller chunks.

What's really cool is even though it's a big guild everyone will get to participate in WvW. It wont be just 25 guys in one raid on one night. Plus, you'll team up with other big and small guilds in the world. It going to be awesome.:D

its a fine choice for all of us irish mmo players to join in with a UK player base considering im sure that many of us have played with uk players before in other games and get on very well with them. The guild is a big guild in terms of numbers however in WvW there will be many 5 man groups being made to steal supply camps, there will be those that want to do alot of pve together and those into structured pvp (warzones/battlegrounds) it wont be long before you get to know most of the guild. Plus a very positive note people are very active on the voice chat unlike some big guilds where only a fraction of people bother to use VC.

When you get access to the forums you will see how much thought they have put into working together in world vs world pvp. Seriously, diagrams and strategies all over the place. I for one would like to see a big irish pressence in the guild. I made efforts before to bring many irish together on the doomhammer server in WoW and helped to bring all the irish players to decide to roll on basilisk droid server for SWTOR. So getting alot of irish people together has always been my goal.

This time however many of us decided it would be best for us not to try an irish project on its own but to informally incorporate it into a larger UK guild. One that many of us felt was open, inclusive and very friendly as well as very organised. We arrived at the doors of DKR guild. And the future looks fantastic. Many thanks to the irish guys such as Saviour and Mikeyjoyce for steering us boards guys in this direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I'd love to get an invite if possible, will be playing with a heavy focus on both types of PvP and as stated I usually wouldn't go for a guild with such high numbers but it seems like it will be great for WvWvW!

Advertisement