Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2 - Dark Reavers guild/gaming clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Omphin wrote: »
    One that many of us felt was open, inclusive and very friendly as well as very organised.

It's not that open if recruitment is closed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

It's not that open if recruitment is closed :P

its closed to random people but if you know someone in the guild then u can get in no bothers. they closed recruitment cause they dont want the guild to get too big too soon that it will be too hard to manage, already having 250 members, u cant blame em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

its closed to random people but if you know someone in the guild then u can get in no bothers. they closed recruitment cause they dont want the guild to get too big too soon that it will be too hard to manage, already having 250 members, u cant blame em.

And thats fair enough and makes sense however it still doesnt make it open to irish people :P

And thats fair enough and makes sense however it still doesnt make it open to irish people :P

The guild is not open or closed to irish people per se, but considering we have quite a number of us in here now it creates an opening for boards folk since alot of us would know and have played mmo's with each other. So if i invite jimmy and jimmy is friends with dick and dick joins and has a half brother called timmy, well then even though i dont know timmy theres a good chance he can get an guild invite.

And on another note we will keep this thread posted when applications are open again so billy no mates will be able to apply promptly. So we irish in the guild will be creating some kind of opening thus making the guild more open to irish.:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

The guild is not open or closed to irish people per se, but considering we have quite a number of us in here now it creates an opening for boards folk since alot of us would know and have played mmo's with each other. So if i invite jimmy and jimmy is friends with dick and dick joins and has a half brother called timmy, well then even though i dont know timmy theres a good chance he can get an guild invite.

And on another note we will keep this thread posted when applications are open again so billy no mates will be able to apply promptly. So we irish in the guild will be creating some kind of opening thus making the guild more open to irish.:eek::eek::eek:

Indeed this is correct. Just one added note while it is indeed open to friends of guild members and it is a lot easier to get in that way it is not a sure thing that you can get in.

Darkedemic has final say and a good application combined with a connection to someone is key to get in.

Just so everyone knows you will still need to apply through the site with a nice application once applications go up again. :D Not trying to put anyone down just making sure everyone knows its not a simple matter of sending them a guild invitation in game.

Look forward to playing with all you guys in game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

Will drop an application in once I've decided whether I will play enough for it to be worthwhile after launch. After years of end game raiding in wow (and successfully giving it up! :p ) I'm hesitant to commit to anything without first deciding whether or not I want to commit the time to it. Beta events and stress tests are fun but they can't let me measure the impact in my personal life due to being time limited in nature :p

Even if I can't/won't join the guild I'll be sure to roll on the same server as the rest of you boardies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭GREENGEKO

Even if I can't/won't join the guild I'll be sure to roll on the same server as the rest of you boardies

http://www.gw2guilds.org/guilds/eu?search_id=Jm72XLH8cLuiiQM8http://

[DKR] are rolling on "gunnars hold" ,well according to gw2guilds.org.....if true and i dont know if its right,its the second biggest team there 260 members....no1 is [KISS]Legacy of Nosferatu with 6,048 members!!!!

GREENGEKO wrote: »
    http://www.gw2guilds.org/guilds/eu?search_id=Jm72XLH8cLuiiQM8http://

[DKR] are rolling on "gunnars hold" ,well according to gw2guilds.org.....if true and i dont know if its right,its the second biggest team there 260 members....no1 is [KISS]Legacy of Nosferatu with 6,048 members!!!!

Gunnars hold is just a placeholder atm, there is no definate announcement as to where DKR will be going.

Will just check here a day before launch! ;)

well done..clap,clap,clap
    you got me good!!!!
    http://www.gw2guilds.org/guilds/eu?s...LuiiQM8http://

im just chilling on the above site ,looking whos going where when at the very bottom of the page ..what do i see????this
    Site designed and built by [DkR] Darkademic.

nice one!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

GREENGEKO wrote: »
    well done..clap,clap,clap
    you got me good!!!!

im just chilling on the above site ,looking whos going where when at the very bottom of the page ..what do i see????this

nice one!!

Who got you good? nothing has been confirmed up until today and at that the word is it can still change?

Who got you good? nothing has been confirmed up until today and at that the word is it can still change?

can you not see the funny side?????

the web site that i used to check up on the guilds http://www.gw2guilds.org/guilds/eu?search_id=Jm72XLH8cLuiiQM8http://http://
    in which i posted the message about [dkr] is and i did not know at the time "Site designed and built by [DkR] Darkademic."

????

Drum roll!

The Dark Reavers are now offically rolling on "Gunnar's Hold".

Lots of us boards guys are going there come with us and check it out :D

Cant wait to get in game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I'll see you on the Battlefield:D

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Drum roll!

The Dark Reavers are now offically rolling on "Gunnar's Hold".

Lots of us boards guys are going there come with us and check it out :D

Cant wait to get in game!

See you there on Saturday Mikey!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Really looking forward to it now, fingers crossed real life allows me some decent game time this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Ok I've been broken, I resisted Star wars, didn't even look at the new WoW expansion but I'm now currently downloading GW2.

Might cya at the weekend Cully! :)

Nem.

Gunnars hold it is so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

Hi Lads,

Im looking for a guild for GW2 and this seems to be the best for us Irish folk, im from Cork and any of my gaming friends are not in the slight bit interested in this game. If i apply to this guild can i reference some of the above names when applying? its hard to find a guild with so many Irish players and this one looks pretty good :)

Toom3y7 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Im looking for a guild for GW2 and this seems to be the best for us Irish folk, im from Cork and any of my gaming friends are not in the slight bit interested in this game. If i apply to this guild can i reference some of the above names when applying? its hard to find a guild with so many Irish players and this one looks pretty good :)

hey Toom3y7, applications are closed at the moment but will reopen on the weekend i reckon. Just make sure you pick Gunnars Hold server and add me to friends in game. My in game name will be Omphin. You can refer to me when making your application :)

• Advertisement

apparently a group of my real life friends have decided to start on a different server so I guess i'll follow them there instead. I wish you all good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 p1000

Hi. I've been looking for a server with the a good lot of Irish people on it, and the Dark Reavers guild keeps coming up. I've barely played mmos before but i've been waiting for guild wars 2 for a long while now. Even if applications did open up again, i'm not sure if i'd be up to standard for such a well organised guild, i wouldn't want to join and just take up space. So is my best bet to go on Gunnar's Hold anyway and arse about for a while, and if it seems that i'd actually be a productive member of society, come and look some of you up?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

hey Toom3y7, applications are closed at the moment but will reopen on the weekend i reckon. Just make sure you pick Gunnars Hold server and add me to friends in game. My in game name will be Omphin. You can refer to me when making your application :)

Cheers man, appriciate it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Am with a different guild but will be heading Gunnar's Hold as well so see ye there ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nemesis wrote: »
    Ok I've been broken, I resisted Star wars, didn't even look at the new WoW expansion but I'm now currently downloading GW2.

Might cya at the weekend Cully! :)

Nem.

Sound mate hopefully see you then.

p1000 wrote: »
    Hi. I've been looking for a server with the a good lot of Irish people on it, and the Dark Reavers guild keeps coming up. I've barely played mmos before but i've been waiting for guild wars 2 for a long while now. Even if applications did open up again, i'm not sure if i'd be up to standard for such a well organised guild, i wouldn't want to join and just take up space. So is my best bet to go on Gunnar's Hold anyway and arse about for a while, and if it seems that i'd actually be a productive member of society, come and look some of you up?

Hey mate,

The dark reavers are a very friendly guild. Yeah we are very organized and have huge plans for WvWvW and the game in general but we are not dicks :P

All skill levels will be accepted into the guild dont worry about not being good enough! If you are a nice guy and decent craic dont worry about getting in it will be no problem once we all get in and get everything sorted.

Applications are closed for the minute until we get in game and see how many active players we have and then Dark is going to review to applications process.

Come to gunners hold you will join us soon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nuts!

Aloha!

I've been looking around for a while to try find a good guild with Irish players in it. I don't think I'll find better than the Reavers! I love pvp and plan to spend a lot of time at it. I played GW2 for the first time in the last stress test and omg it's soooooo good :D
    I understand applications are closed but I'll be joining Gunnar's Hold as soon as I get home tomorrow and log in. I'd love it if someone here could help me get into the Reavers once apps are opened up again, but even if that doesnt happen at least I'll be on a server with a good few paddies, and a server that should be serious about WvWvW.

See you in Tyria!

P.S. I know I dont have many posts to my name (this might even be the first, lol) but Ive had this boards account for years. Previously just used for PMs re poker tournies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Oops, sorry, am reading too many GW2 threads and posted in the wrong one!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

Hi, I am interested in joining a guild, but what if I am not interested in PVP at the moment? Will that be a problem joining the guild?

• Advertisement

reaper12 wrote: »
    Hi, I am interested in joining a guild, but what if I am not interested in PVP at the moment? Will that be a problem joining the guild?

actually DKR has a mix of play styles and like to keep it that way so it dont matter what you want to do in game, if its pvp or just wanna pve. just get on gunnars hold server and contact someone from guild

Advertisement