Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rally for The Quinn-were you there?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Bones of 20 quid of a govt levy on my house insurance, thank you Mr Quinn. And people are out supporting him what a bunch of clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

donalg1 wrote: »
    Bones of 20 quid of a govt levy on my house insurance, thank you Mr Quinn. And people are out supporting him what a bunch of clowns.

Yes the Quinns should be locked up but so should the Bankers, Regulator and possibly a few Politicians. I have a feeling about this case. We are not being told everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Perhaps they wanted a slice of wedding cake ?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Sean Quinn and lance Armstrong should meet up, so much in common both being the victims of cruel witch hunts both being supported by a loyal band of idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

It's quite saddening that they can get a rally together of 5000 ( boghoppers i admit ) people to support a crook, and we cannot get 5000 normal people to protest about the present gouvernment.

Also i wounder what would have happened if they hosted the quinn rally in dublin...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I think they should be locked up for the cake alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

its very easy to say Sean Quinn created lots of jobs. But who paid for those jobs but the Irish people. His businesses and no one elses borrowed the money and its the people of Ireland that is and will be paying for it for a long time. The Quinns must have a great laugh at the protesters when they go home. How gulliable they are.They are forgetting the RTE interview where it was stated all debts would be repaid in full. I actually don't know what the protesters want ? is it debt forgiveness ? if it is that should be applied to all. If its justice well let the courts decide. The evidence is there and has been presented for all to see. Is is the outcome of the court proceedings so far thats the problem ? If it is, is it the court that is in some way corrupt !!! If thats what they are saying corrupt in what way ? where's the evidence. Theres 400million plus in property loans that are not in dispute by the Quinns yet they still don't want to pay. Why ? If Joe mc Doogle in ballymacwackey had an outstanding loan whould the Quinns be protesting for him ? I noted some interviews with protesters on the radio yesterday and they all repeated Quinn family quotas as their own... e.g. how the family had been wronged,banks out to get them, all the jobs that were created etc. I think its an interesting social reflection would be a good project for a social studies student.

Excellent post - reminds me a little of Obama's badly misquoted "You didn't build that" speech.

I would invest in eggs, btw. They will need quite a lot when these 5000 fools are left with egg on their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Money Maker

I support them, he may be a thieving bastard, but he is our thieving bastard, stand by the man. I will take the tax hike to save his behind. God bless him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Is it just me or are they missing some letters in those words on the banner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭redarmy

I support them, he may be a thieving bastard, but he is our thieving bastard, stand by the man. I will take the tax hike to save his behind. God bless him.

sean?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

All of it? On your own?

God bless ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

• Registered Users Posts: 20,935 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Iwannahurl wrote: »

I'd say those tears are genuine in fairness, it's the smirks from anglo that grind my gears. Hopefully they'll see some jail time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I'll pm you my address so you can stick the levies I'm paying this year in the post best make it an annual thing though say fifteen years or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I can't understand this Irish love for rouges and criminals.. Charlie Haughty would would be another person whom I can't understand people admiring and supporting.., Berty would be another, why does anyone still have any regard for him?

Yes Quinn created jobs and revenue in a poor area, yes his companies paid tax.. But he has turned to criminal activities to prevent the state extracting what he owes, this will be his legacy when he departs this earth, as a once business man turned criminal.

I really just don't understand it, why won't people see whats happened..

My only thought is that the government have been too slow to bring anyone from the banking sector to justice for their part in what happened.. This has left a void of non justice, the Quinn followers seem to think that supporting Quinn against the banks is somehow justice ??

And it doesn't represent the views of most sane people from Cavan, it really doesn't :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Took this from todays Mirror. Banner says it all.

Who was the Genius that spelled question without the u?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

bbam wrote: »
    I can't understand this Irish love for rouges and criminals.

:cool:.

It's because a significant portion of the Irish are either pure gobsh1tes or are so fcuking lazy that they won't do anything about something that they aren't happy about.

Yes, they will bitch about things, but get up off their ar5e and do something about it, not a chance.

The Irish people could be led with a silk thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Don't say he's "our thieving bastard" like it should be some kind of medal worn around our necks. If you want to take the tax hike, pay it yourself, and don't expect others to have to take it. He's a thief, and he deserves jail and all the consequences that come with it.

If you want to stand by him, that's on your own conscience.

The only way I'll stand by him, is if I'm holding the noose.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

please let me out of this financial hell gombeen back water ****e hole before i do a hungerford.

You can only push people too far before they snap.

and your weathers crap, if it was sunny i wouldent mind this ****e half as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

As a Munsterwoman, Quinn never employed any of mine.

So why should I pay extra for a couple of jobs in Cavan?!

Oh we're all in this together? Could have fooled me. The people at the Quinn rallies don't just dislike dubliners, they have zero respect for anyone who pays taxes in Ireland. Let them join Northern Ireland and be the UK's problem or set up their own statelet with Quinn as president. That is the logical conclusion to their naive parochialism.

Quinn is no Robin Hood, he is ruthless businessman who whined when capitalism didn't go his way. Sooner the lot of them are in jail the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

There were bigger criminals running Anglo and we have yet to see any of them go to jail. And the members of government responsible for putting Anglo in government ownership should also be in jail. If they had let the bank fail we wouldn't be talking about Quinn and his billions owed to to bank. This point seems to have gotten conveniently lost in all of this.

I can't understand this Irish love for rouges and criminals.. Charlie Haughty would would be another person whom I can't understand people admiring and supporting.., Berty would be another, why does anyone still have any regard for him?

Yes Quinn created jobs and revenue in a poor area, yes his companies paid tax.. But he has turned to criminal activities to prevent the state extracting what he owes, this will be his legacy when he departs this earth, as a once business man turned criminal.

My only thought is that the government have been too slow to bring anyone from the banking sector to justice for their part in what happened.. This has left a void of non justice, the Quinn followers seem to think that supporting Quinn against the banks is somehow justice ??

And it doesn't represent the views of most sane people from Cavan, it really doesn't :cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

My only thought is that the government have been too slow to bring anyone from the banking sector to justice for their part in what happened..

Epic face palm.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i wonder what those clowns in Cavan will think when they realise that it will be them and the rest of the country that pays back the billions, and not the Quinn family.

Im Just waiting for the Jimmy Savile rally.

Wouldent seem out of place in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

i wonder what those clowns in Cavan will think when they realise that it will be them and the rest of the country that pays back the billions, and not the Quinn family.

Let me tell you what they'll think. They'll think, why did a shower of gombeens save this Anglo/IBRC and tie it around the necks of taxpayers, instead of just letting it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Quinn and the likes of him survive because people are sheep and will adore bullies like him, it's an Irish thing by the looks of it, shur look what the EU is doing to us. So much for the fighting Irish.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Hal Decks

Roisy7 wrote: »
    As a Munsterwoman, Quinn never employed any of mine.

Quinn Healthcare was based in Cork. Is that Munster enough for you?

Could you be more parochial?

The crowd in Ballyconnell were the most embarrassing shower of cretins assembled in a long time.
    Poor Ciara Quinn. How will she become a millionaire again? Daddy did it for her the first time, she'll need someone else to do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

The levels of support shown to the Quinns is surely a damming indictment of the effects of the funding cuts to mental health services....they,re all mad...mad I tell you.....mad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,414 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I feel sad for those people if Sean Quinn is there only hope. He gambled his Quinn insurance company on Anglo shares on contracts for difference. If you win on those you win big and if you lose it huge losses. He played and lost. And the man says he doesn't gamble!!!

The regulator took Quinn insurance off him when he realised Quinn insurance didn't have enough reserves to cover all the possible claims. We all moan about the lack of regulation. But we seem to moan as well when the regulator does his job.

All the people moan how none of the Anglo directors are in jail but Sean Quinn Jnr has been found in contempt of court, one of the most serious law breaches you have and he should be jailed indefinitely. Considering he said he lie to the court on tape, I have no sympathy for him. I'd leave him there until he tells Anglo what he done with the money they owe them. Big Sean needs to put in with him as attending rallies doesn't seem to the best way to helping the court purge his contempt.

As for ciara and the rest of them. Spoilt little rich kids who got jobs in daddys company doing jobs they taught they were unsackable. Using the companies money to do as they please. The revenue are cracking down on this sort of thing thank god. Go out a great a real job Ciara and see what's its like to earn some money and stop moaning you can't live on 30k a month.

I hope Anglo win in court and the Quinns lose everything. You can't gamble and lose and then say you didn't know what you were doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

Hal Decks wrote: »

Quinn Healthcare was based in Cork. Is that Munster enough for you?

Could you be more parochial?
    If you read the rest of my post you will see I was attacking that attitude.

Also... He took jobs outta Cavan! :O

He employed nobody in Ireland out of the goodness of his heart.

Advertisement