Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Marriage/Marriage Equality/End of World?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

macyard is not one to sully the purity of his/her position with the grime of evidence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 380 ✭✭macyard

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Perhaps this is true but do you have any supporting evidence?

No as I didn't suggest it the other poster did. I don't think he is right either but maybe he has evidence to support it

robindch wrote: »
    macyard doesn't sully the purity of his/her position with the grime of mere evidence.

I did not suggest being in a group that people think are paedophiles live shorter life that was the other poster, I ask him for evidence. I was pointing out it seems stupid as priests are seen as paedophiles in the public eye more then gays

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

macyard wrote: »
    I did not suggest being in a group that people think are paedophiles live shorter life that was the other poster, I ask him for evidence. I was pointing out it seems stupid as priests are seen as paedophiles in the public eye more then gays
    I can't seem to find the ignore button on iOS, any chance any mods can teach me on that one?
    Anyhoo, your previous posts posted just after you joined this wonderful boards, insinuated that gay people were in fact all paedophiles and you have continued on a tirade of insinuation and antagonisation ever since. You are as obvious as Bens red face when caught masturbating by Breda.

smokingman wrote: »
    I can't seem to find the ignore button on iOS, any chance any mods can teach me on that one?
    Anyhoo, your previous posts posted just after you joined this wonderful boards, insinuated that gay people were in fact all paedophiles and you have continued on a tirade of insinuation and antagonisation ever since. You are as obvious as Bens red face when caught masturbating by Breda.

Use desktop mode on the bowser then it should show. Can you post the exact post where I said all gay people where paedophiles as I never did

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Why aren't priests life so low so, they are equated as paedophiles even more then the gays and receive more hate too.
    ? No I didn't I asked why the life expectancy was a lower in a western country for gays, he brought up paedophiles, I equated as paedophiles even more then the gays and receive more hate too.
    No as I didn't suggest it the other poster did. I don't think he is right either but maybe he has evidence to support it

Didn't say what exactly?

You didn't say priests are ' equated as paedophiles even more then the gays and receive more hate too' ?

You then didn't repeat this contention that priests are ' equated as paedophiles even more then the gays and receive more hate too' ?

How strange as both those statements appear under your username.

Do you have any evidence to support
    a) Priests are equated with paedophiles more than gays.
    b) Priests receive more hate too.

If it is indeed a case of

Do you usually repeat things you don't think are true and for which no supporting evidence has been presented?

Didn't say what exactly?

You didn't say priests are ' equated as paedophiles even more then the gays and receive more hate too' ?

You then repeat this contention that priests are ' equated as paedophiles even more then the gays and receive more hate too' ?

How strange as both those statements appear under your username.

Do you have any evidence to support

If it is indeed a case of 7

Do you usually repeat things you don't think are true and for which no supporting evidence has been presented?

will you supply how much hate gays get as they are thought of as paedophiles, I don't think the study has been done on either, if being part of a group that are seen as paedophiles reduces life expancty as the other poster sugested we should see a lower life in both groups I don't think this has been shown.

If you ask a person on the street who they think is more likely to be a child abuser a gay man or priest, most would pick the priest

will you supply how much hate gays get as they are though of as paedophiles, I don't think the study has been done on either, if being part of a group that are seen as paedophiles reduces life expancty we should see a lower life in both groups I don't think this has been shown.

If you ask a person on the street who they think is more likely to be a child abuser a gay man or priest, most would pick the priest

I don't have to supply anything as I am not the one making claims. I am the one asking you to support your claims and you don't have any evidence at all.

'Ask a person on the street' doesn't actually count as evidence in this context.
    What if the person I asked was a priest? What if the person I asked was a gay priest? What if the person I asked was Vladimir Putin?

I don't have to supply anything as I am not the one making claims. I am the one asking you to support your claims and you don't have any evidence at all.

'Ask a person on the street' doesn't actually count as evidence in this context.
    What if the person I asked was a priest? What if the person I asked was a gay priest? What if the person I asked was Vladimir Putin?

They are just two groups seen as paedophiles in the public eye by some people, I used it to show the others posters theroey that being in a group that are seen as paedophiles reduces life expectancy has no evidence to back his theory up.

If he has that evidence he should post it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

macyard is not one to sully the purity of his/her position with the grime of evidence.

I'm almost starting to wish I had never posted the video.:(

• Advertisement

obplayer wrote: »
    I'm almost starting to wish I had never posted the video.:(
    12 years; the length by which life expectancy is shortened for gay, lesbian and bisexual people in highly anti-gay communities compared to accepting communities

Can you post the evidence this is true and the academic studies on why it happens in progressive western countries.

Can you post the evidence this is true and the academic studies on why it happens in progressive western countries.

Watch the sodding video!

You are now on ignore.

obplayer wrote: »
    Watch the sodding video!

You are now on ignore.

That's the talkers opinion, I am looking for the peer reviewed academic studies that support her opinion. Or do you not sully the purity of your position with the grime of evidence.

Bannasidhe you've been missed, hope you had a great break!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

:D Always loved the clarity of your questions!

You're back in the nick of time Bannasidhe!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Isn't this what Iona do all the time? ;)
    Just keep repeating the whole "loving mother and father" crap knowing that it has no basis

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

As you don't respond to requests for evidence yourself, you can perhaps understand why people may not take any requests you make very seriously.

They are just two groups seen as paedophiles in the public eye by some people, I used it to show the others posters theroey that being in a group that are seen as paedophiles reduces life expectancy has no evidence to back his theory up.

If he has that evidence he should post it

Why don't you focus on providing evidence for your own claims first and then you will be in a position to demand others do likewise?

I asked for evidence for two specific points you made

We have discounted 'ask person on the street' as impractical as the answer would be highly subjective so now it's 'the public eye'. Does the public eye have a newsletter or blog where I can read it's considered opinion ... oh wait... it's 'some people' - how many constitutes 'some'?

I think perhaps it's time you withdrew those two statements on the grounds that you pulled them out of the air and really have no idea as to their veracity.

I was going to discuss suicide rates in the LGBT (xyz) community (and never mention paedophiles at all at all) but I suspect it would be wasted on someone who has scant regard for evidence based discussion. Or, indeed, someone who seeks to make a connection between homosexuality and paedophilia in such a cack handed way.

As you don't respond to requests for evidence yourself, you can perhaps understand why people may not take any requests you make very seriously.

So I can ask for requests for evidence every time a yes person post their opinions

Why don't you focus on providing evidence for your own claims first and then you will be in a position to demand others do likewise?

I asked for evidence for two specific points you made

We have discounted 'ask person on the street' as impractical as the answer would be highly subjective so now it's 'the public eye'. Does the public eye have a newsletter or blog where I can read it's considered opinion ... oh wait... it's 'some people' - how many constitutes 'some'?

I think perhaps it's time you withdrew those two statements on the grounds that you pulled them out of the air and really have no idea as to their veracity.

I was going to discuss suicide rates in the LGBT (xyz) community (and never mention paedophiles at all at all) but I suspect it would be wasted on someone who has scant regard for evidence based discussion. Or, indeed, someone who seeks to make a connection between homosexuality and paedophilia in such a cack handed way.

They made the claims first until they post their evidence I don't have too either they where the one that posted first.

The poster said that life expectancy was lower due to links to paedophilia if you can supply evidence it will have to mention it as it was the fact he posted.

• Advertisement

So I can ask for requests for evidence every time a yes person post their opinions

Oh dear..

There is a difference between an opinion and a statement of fact.

Opinions don't require evidence as they are a belief.
    Statements of fact on the other hand...

For example:
    'I believe the Earth is flat' is an opinion.

'The Earth is Flat' - is a statement of fact and requires evidence.

'I believe Jesus died for our sins' is an opinion
    'Jesus died for our sins' is statement of fact.

You're Welcome (that's a lie)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Hmm...why am I suddenly being reminded of another homophobic (and ultramontane Catholic) poster right now?

They made the claims first until they post their evidence I don't have too either they where the one that posted first.

The poster said that life expectancy was lower due to links to paedophilia if you can supply evidence it will have to mention it as it was the fact he posted.

Those arguments work quite well in primary school yards and Dáil Éireann but here in Grownupland the standards are a tad higher.

You need to either provide evidence to support your claims or withdraw them.

Or you can keep digging...

Oh dear..

There is a difference between an opinion and a statement of fact.

Opinions don't require evidence as they are a belief.
    Statements of fact on the other hand...

For example:
    'I believe the Earth is flat' is an opinion.

'The Earth is Flat' - is a statement of fact and requires evidence.

'I believe Jesus died for our sins' is an opinion
    'Jesus died for our sins' is statement of fact.

You're Welcome (that's a lie)

The links to paedophilia in the gay community lowers life expectancy was the posters claim, that looks like opinion to me unless they can supply the peer reviewed academic studies.

Hmm...why am I suddenly being reminded of another homophobic (and ultramontane Catholic) poster right now?

Because they all sing off the same hymn sheet (badum tish)

:pac:

Those arguments work quite well in primary school yards and Dáil Éireann but here in Grownupland the standards are a tad higher.

You need to either provide evidence to support your claims or withdraw them.

Or you can keep digging...

They made the claims first they need to first provide evidence or withdraw them.

I am agnostic

The links to paedophilia in the gay community lowers life expectancy was the posters claim, that looks like opinion to me unless they can supply the peer reviewed academic studies.

Ah now it's the 'But but but that other poster said it fiiiirrrst *sulk* s'not fair your pickin on meee.' argument.

YOU and YOU alone said:

Where is your evidence to support either of these statements.

Ah now it's the 'But but but that other poster said it fiiiirrrst *sulk* s'not fair your pickin on meee.' argument.

YOU and YOU alone said:

You deflecting, first person shows hard facts first, if his checks out we will go from there

• Advertisement

YOU and YOU alone said:

Ok I concide that people think there is more child abuse is the priest community and think they get flack for it on TV and in social situations as my opinion.

So will you now show facts that prove me wrong

1. There is to more links to paedophilia in the gay community
    2. The gays are more hated for those links
    3. Gays die younger cause of those links

Sorry I was wrong to have the opinion child abuse was bigger it's the priesthood then the gay community. I did not realise the child abuse links where so big for the gays

I await eagerly to learn the academic facts for the above points so I can change my opionion.

Until then I will have the opionion there was more abuse in the priesthood then gay community

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement