Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Marriage/Marriage Equality/End of World?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I'm baack.

Did I miss anything interesting/relevant/amusing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Who left the poxy door open? For jaysus sake......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I wouldn't say "amusing" so much as "frustrating".

Nodin wrote: »
    Who left the poxy door open? For jaysus sake......

More to the point who installed a cat flap...:cool:

I wouldn't say "amusing" so much as "frustrating".

That's a no so

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

wow...this is a real poll out there
    screenshot-2015-01-22-16-23-59-png.9904

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I'm baack.

Galway Cork liberated from Indians.

Galway Cork liberated from Indians.

Feck. The quality of the Lassi is bound to suffer.

On topic - did anyone hear Joeeeeee Duffy today?
    These people can vote.
    We're doooomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Slightly more than I did. And I don't think so...
    On topic - did anyone hear Joeeeeee Duffy today?
    These people can vote.
    We're doooomed.
    Unfortunately yes. Caught the woman "who isn't equal to her husband" by mistake on the way back from Aldi. Nearly crashed the car. Yes, we're well doomed.

Some valiant woman trying to make sense of her though, fair play :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Shrap wrote: »
    Slightly more than I did. And I don't think so...

Unfortunately yes. Caught the woman "who isn't equal to her husband" by mistake on the way back from Aldi. Nearly crashed the car. Yes, we're well doomed.

Some valiant woman trying to make sense of her though, fair play :confused:

And she sounded so young. You could almost understand if she was elderly. Imagine what her marriage must be like poor thing :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

david75 wrote: »
    wow...this is a real poll out there
    screenshot-2015-01-22-16-23-59-png.9904

Sorry, can't see it.

eviltwin wrote: »
    And she sounded so young. You could almost understand if she was elderly. Imagine what her marriage must be like poor thing :(

I dunno, she sounded thick as the proverbial s*** to me. I expect she's well matched with someone.

I was trying not to remember, but I vaguely recall her bleating about "what happens when the child calls out for the mother during the night, and she's not there?". Seemed incapable of making out that children only call for their mothers when one is present in their lives. The way this one was going on, you'd swear the gheys were ripping them from their loving mothers arms, FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I'm baack.

Ah, you've been on a deserted island, no net, no TV, no radio. OK, the Holy Islanders have been busy spreading their faith the past few days. If you haven't got a large whiskey by your side, don't scroll back for an update.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

be great if someone could update this..
    10929227_10153534046658032_7956647621234429056_n.jpg?oh=2ac0a128424f913858f2b7b34a0e724a&oe=55289F5D

david75 wrote: »
    be great id someone could update this..
    10929227_10153534046658032_7956647621234429056_n.jpg?oh=2ac0a128424f913858f2b7b34a0e724a&oe=55289F5D

Sadly doesn't need updating. Yer man who isn't gagged looks like David Quinn, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭smokingman

Shrap wrote: »
    Sadly doesn't need updating. Yer man who isn't gagged looks like David Quinn, no?

You can't tell from the smug overdrive kicking in to warp facts factor 9?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Only today, you'll have missed:

The Rise of the Persecuted

Welcome back, btw. I trust your midwinter was soaked in whiskey, happiness, good wine, lamb, well-cooked vegetables, roasties and your best friends :)

Not specifically about gay marriage but very, very much about equality for gays in all spheres of life.

From the video...
    12 years; the length by which life expectancy is shortened for gay, lesbian and bisexual people in highly anti-gay communities compared to accepting communities

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 380 ✭✭macyard

obplayer wrote: »
    Not specifically about gay marriage but very, very much about equality for gays in all spheres of life.

From the video...

How is it reduced? Suicide? I know trans life is reduced very much even in supporting countries due to the mental issues so might not be the same on the lgb side, I would say Ireland is very open and very little here would kill themselves due to being gay and aids would not reduce the L female bi population.

macyard wrote: »
    How is it reduced? Suicide? I know trans life is reduced very much even in supporting countries due to the mental issues so might not be the same on the lgb side, I would say Ireland is very open and very little here would kill themselves due to being gay and aids would not reduce the L female bi population.
    I would imagine it's the stress and high blood pressure of having to be equated with paedophiles and the like by fúcking bigots, y'know like.....

• Advertisement

Have you tried watching the video before commenting? By all means don't watch the video but in that case you are in no position to comment on it.

I posted video at 22:56
    You replied at 23:02
    Video lasts 10 minutes.
    Does not compute.

smokingman wrote: »
    I would imagine it's the stress and high blood pressure of having to be equated with paedophiles and the like by fúcking bigots, y'know like.....

Why aren't priests life so low so, they are equated as paedophiles even more then the gays and receive more hate too.

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

SW wrote: »
    no. about Leos opinion on same-sex couples adopting. Leo said he doesn't oppose it and Iona/Mullen are stating that Leo was (is?) opposed to it.

and following on from above....

https://twitter.com/DarrenMcMahon54/status/558643709122990080

If you can read this, you're too close!

obplayer wrote: »
    Have you tried watching the video before commenting? By all means don't watch the video but in that case you are in no position to comment on it.

I posted video at 22:56
    You replied at 23:02
    Video lasts 10 minutes.
    Does not compute.

I skipped through it it was a lot of rambling about it so hard to be gay in a progressive American city, city's that let people walk about naked during gay pride, I don't take it's hard being gay in those parts of America

Why aren't priests life so low so, they are equated as paedophiles even more then the gays and receive more hate too.

You were the only one here equating anyone to being a paedophile so excuse me while I put you on "ignore", dismiss your obvious Iona affiliation and ask you if you could please just go away.

smokingman wrote: »
    You were the only one here equating anyone to being a paedophile so excuse me while I put you on "ignore", dismiss your obvious Iona affiliation and ask you if you could please just go away.

You just brought up the paedophile links, to the average person they link priests as paedophiles way more then gays, so if the link reduces life so much priests should be dieing way eailer then the gays.

at least people defend the gays when the links are brought up, no defends the priests they just joke about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Are you just pretending to completely miss the point?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You just brought up the paedophile links

Yes because you bought it up first!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Yes because you bought it up first!

? No I didn't I asked why the life expectancy was a lower in a western country for gays, he brought up paedophiles, I countered it can't be that as priests are seen as paedophiles more then gays and it doesn't lower their life expectanc.

• Advertisement

? No I didn't I asked why the life expectancy was a lower in a western country for gays, he brought up paedophiles, I countered it can't be that as priests are seen as paedophiles more then gays and it doesn't lower their life expectanc.

Perhaps this is true but do you have any supporting evidence?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement