Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2012 Daily Diary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Dan man wrote: »
    Agree with all of this message....has been positive day, only mishap really was Kieran's qualification on floor but there's so much pride to be had just seeing him compete.

Only just found that that Kieran is only 23. He'll be hitting his peak come Rio

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

I've just attached a sticky post to this forum with details of the schedule for all Irish athletes in action tomorrow, Day 2 of the Olympics:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056713490

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Well yes, Claire Balding did wonder if eyebrows would be raised at that.

World number 1 ranked 200m medley swimmer manages to convert success to 400m. What a completely unprecedented and shocking event.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

KevIRL wrote: »
    Only just found that that Kieran is only 23. He'll be hitting his peak come Rio

I read that male gymnasts are at their peak between ages 19 and 22. That said, Iordan Iovtchev, 39 year old Bulgarian was kicking ass and taking names on the rings today, so anything's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

Sky were reporting at midnight that Paula Radcliffe was out, with an ongoing injury. Doesn't seem to be any update this am.

• Advertisement

Gonna miss a lot of the day 2 action as I'm heading to a double header of hurling heats in Thurles. My own country Waterford take on Cork while Limerick play multiple gold medalists Killkenny.

Will be relying on this thread to keep me updated on the action on my phone!

Will get to check this out though before I go.

09.50 - BBC1, Archery GBR V Russia womens team event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Steady stream of Irish competitors for the next 6 hours or so to keep us entertained! I'm stuck at work with no sound on the computer and RTE coverage only. I'm not a fan of all the studio time in the RTE coverage and the selection of events they show, I'll miss the BBC coverage!

Looking forward to the swimming and the Canoe Slalom today, Eoin Rheinisch had a brilliant run in Beijing, just missing out on a medal, would love to see him do well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Steady stream of Irish competitors for the next 6 hours or so to keep us entertained! I'm stuck at work with no sound on the computer and RTE coverage only. I'm not a fan of all the studio time in the RTE coverage and the selection of events they show, I'll miss the BBC coverage!

Looking forward to the swimming and the Canoe Slalom today, Eoin Rheinisch had a brilliant run in Beijing, just missing out on a medal, would love to see him do well today.

http://www.filmon.com/#BBC-One

Try see if that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Morning all. Some brilliant boxing bouts last night. Anyone see the US guy winning with 2 knockdowns in the last 3 seconds? Also this tiny Ghanaian against a Japanese about a foot taller. He threw everything into it and was out on his feet for the last minute, but I still thought he won. Japan won it but the look of shock and relief on his face told the story.

Anyway Melanie Nocher out already this a.m. but a good swim. Chinese ominous again.

Wayhay! Archery!

• Advertisement

Thanks Mushy for the link! Definitely brightened up my day now! :D

What happened to Melanie Nocher's heat a little while ago? When I looked they were already onto Heat 3, but Heat 2 was removed completely from the live scoring page on the official website?

Thanks Mushy for the link! Definitely brightened up my day now! :D

What happened to Melanie Nocher's heat a little while ago? When I looked they were already onto Heat 3, but Heat 2 was removed completely from the live scoring page on the official website?

Melanie was third but she was in an unseeded heat. The rest of the heats were seeded and the times were way faster. She swam well though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

any times for our competitors today?

any times for our competitors today?

I've put a sticky post at top of the sports forum.

Dan man wrote: »
    I've put a sticky post at top of the sports forum.

just wondering about times for those competitors dan?

mc mahon looks to be out aswell in the breaststroke, 8th in the heat

Its has times on it.

Another swimmer gone. Sycerica(?) McMahon 8th in heat. Still only 16 though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Gru

RTE now have a bunch of live streams for different events.

check it out http://www.rte.ie/live/olympics/

• Advertisement

The one who won the heat is 15 it said:eek:

just wondering about times for those competitors dan?

Yes, I've a sticky post with the schedule.

sorry lads didnt click into the post to see times...... thanks dan

ankles wrote: »
    Melanie was third but she was in an unseeded heat. The rest of the heats were seeded and the times were way faster. She swam well though

Thanks for that, her heat is back on the results page now, don't know why they took it off.

Pity about both our swimmers so far, Grainne Murphy will be on fairly soon in the 400m Freestyle.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Gru wrote: »
    RTE now have a bunch of live streams for different events.

check it out http://www.rte.ie/live/olympics/

They want me to update to flashplayer 11. something :mad:
    the eurovision link is still working great...http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/index.html

Thanks for that, her heat is back on the results page now, don't know why they took it off.

Pity about both our swimmers so far, Grainne Murphy will be on fairly soon in the 400m Freestyle.

heat 4 i think and heat 2 is on at the moment...

they're starting to call lane 8 the irish lane........ conspiracy:eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

They want me to update to flashplayer 11. something :mad:
    the eurovision link is still working great...http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/index.html

Dressage on #6 at the moment, for those complaining about it yesterday.

Dressage on #6 at the moment, for those complaining about it yesterday.

Camilla Speirs will be out at 11.52.

Lane 8 really isn't bringing us any luck this morning!

Terrible swim by Grainne. 16 seconds off.

• Advertisement

murphy-lane 8-last, at the moment

jesus our swimmers are well off the pace in some of these events

she finished nearly 20 seconds behind the heat winner, thats huge in a sport where it comes down to hundreths of a second

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement