Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London 2012 Daily Diary

Options
1105106107108109111»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

KevIRL wrote: »
    Rory McIlroy just won the USPGA by 8 shots to secure his second major. Wonder if he will declare for Ireland or GB for Rio 2016?

Golf in Ireland is organised on an all island basis, so they should all be declaring for us, but whether or not they do we'll have to wait and see. Hope whatever he/they decides he/they don't get grief over it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Emeli Sandé was all up in that closing ceremony. Loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Dan man wrote: »
    Seriously though, I hope all those who enjoyed the thread will stay on the forum post-London and look forward to Rio 2016. It'll be fun tracking the ups and downs of the Irish prospects for Rio (nearly wrote London there again :o) and there'll be plenty of threads to track all sorts of international competitions that maybe don't get a look in except only during the Olympics.
    The Irish media isn't always the best when keeping abreast of how the Irish competitors are doing leading up to an Olympics. I think the threads we have on this forum always give a more realistic perspective of our prospects. Cannot wait until Rio 2016....trust me, we'll do alright again in 4 years time.

Dan you are the man that kept us all up to date! Thanks a mI'll!

Bring on Rio!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Just wanted to echo others posts about how great this thread, and the forum has been for the games (and before), brilliant informative posts prior to the games from DanMan and Dodge and then throughout this thread has been a really good place to post and discuss things, with balanced opinions and points being made and most importantly a respect at all times for other posters.

WP all.
    Hear, hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

Dan, you really need to formally declare this thread closed and invite the youth of the Sports forum to assemble in a few minutes hence in the Rio thread :cool:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I hereby declare this thread of the Games of the XXXth Olympiad Closed and invite the good, the bad and the ugly in accordance with the charter of this forum to gather in a few minutes time from now to discuss Irish prospects for the Games of the XXXIst Olympiad in the host city of Rio de Janeiro!

Actually, I'll open a thread entitled "Olympic hangover thread " first so we can get London 2012 out of our systems first!!!

New thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80202973#post80202973

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement