Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gender issues in After Hours - Your feedback requested.

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I don’t think it would make much difference. Unlike sexist comments about women, misandrous comments seem to be applauded.

Have you examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I don’t think it would make much difference. Unlike sexist comments about women, misandrous comments seem to be applauded.

Which misandrous comments are applauded? No point in saying something if you can't back it up with evidence

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I don’t think it would make much difference. ......

Well you never know. Now, have you those examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

There are no examples are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

What he and others mean by misandrous (sic) is women defending themselves or saying a guy seems bitter (when he's making it pretty easy to come to that conclusion). Yet the very same thing could be applicable to a woman if she comes across as bitter so how is it specifically anti men?

Misandry would be threads/posts attacking men in general on the basis of a minority - to say this happens as regularly on AH as the reverse is laughable. How the hell is it applauded too? Yeh I know there's the anti men rubbish in the media all right, but this thread is about AH.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Sexism against men is ‘fun’, and ‘light-hearted’ …whilst sexism against women is considered misogynistic and politically incorrect.

It is perfectly acceptable to make general slurs about men that could never be made about an ethnic group and certainly not about women.

so, after nearly two weeks of no updates to this thread you decide to just drop that pearl of wisdom and then decline to back it up with any proof when requested. That doesnt really help your credibility or add much weight to your statement.

Closing this thread because this type of drive-by stirring is just going to continue until someone goes too far in the attack or the defense of a statement. The *only* reason I'm not calling "TROOOOOOOOOLLLLLL" is because of the users lack of trollish activities in the past.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement