Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aurora Shooting - MOD Note in post #2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Read some posts on another forum ( they were listening in on scanners at the time)

regulars of the theatre said that they hired off duty officers

A couple of posts form the site

I find it interesting/odd that when I was at this theater last week on a Tuesday night, there were about 6 cops hanging out in the lobby. I wasn't sure if it was for a call, because they were really loitering.
    I'm not saying they should have been there, I'm sure they have better things to do than babysit a movie theater
    That theater regularly hires about 5 officers for off duty work...Why they weren't there last night would only be because the theater didn't want to hire them

The theater contracts off duty officers as security , one of my buddies works that gig a lot .

Seems strange that they did not hire them on the night of the most anticipated movie of the year

I would imagine A midnight showing groups of teens possibly a few beers out for a craic

That they would ramp up security (off duty cops would be carrying I presume)

also reports of a security guard causing problems for the cops
    Just heard: "Stop the security guard, he's causing problems for the officers."

How dumb does that mall cop have to be?

MSNBC reports that public records show Holmes lived with two roommates at the apartment, which is reserved for students, faculty and staff from the medical campus

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/20/alleged-gunman-a-quiet-and-easy-going-neurosciences-drop-out

how come they never noticed that arsenal he had and all that bomb making equipment

Could they have been his handlers ?

The diary of 24-year-old James Holmes -- "full of details about how he was going to kill people" -- was discovered Monday by authorities investigating another package at the school's Anschutz medical campus in Aurora, a law enforcement official told the network. The source also said that the package had been in the mailroom since July 12.

UPDATE: Original reports that said the notebook lay unopened for days before the attack may be inaccurate. The Denver Post reports that Holmes sent the package to his therapist on Friday -- the day of the shooting -- and that it arrived in the mailroom on Monday.

The notebook, intended for a psychiatrist who also teaches at the university, reveals haunting sketches with stick-figure assailants carrying out the attack.

“There were drawings of what he was going to do in it -- drawings and illustrations of the massacre," police told Fox News

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/james-holmes-sent-notebook-psychiatrist_n_1702216.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

convenient or what ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

enno99 wrote: »

convenient or what ?

Not at all

Dark Knight’ shooting suspect James Holmes claims amnesia

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/exclusive-dark-knight-shooting-suspect-james-holmes-claims-amnesia-article-1.1122289#ixzz21lcqkk7V

“He claims he doesn’t know why he’s in jail,” the worker said Thursday. “He asked, ‘Why am I here?’”

Sirhan Sirhan springs to mind

A lawyer for Sirhan Sirhan, the confessed assassin of Robert F. Kennedy, plans to present new evidence at a parole board hearing suggesting that he did not act alone, was potentially brain washed and cannot remember anything about the 43-year-old shooting.

"There is no question he was hypno-programmed," lawyer William F. Pepper told ABCNews.com. "He was set up. He was used. He was manipulated."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robert-kennedys-killer-sirhan-sirhan-brainwashed/story?id=13029050#.UBG6q6Bi5kg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Dark Knight’ shooting suspect James Holmes claims amnesia

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/exclusive-dark-knight-shooting-suspect-james-holmes-claims-amnesia-article-1.1122289#ixzz21lcqkk7V

“He claims he doesn’t know why he’s in jail,” the worker said Thursday. “He asked, ‘Why am I here?’”

That's almost definately step 1 in a lawyers guide to defending a mass murderer. The only option is to plead insanity and amnesia is a big factor in it.

al28283 wrote: »
    Not at all

when I get through reading all that I might reply

al28283 wrote: »
    That's almost definately step 1 in a lawyers guide to defending a mass murderer. The only option is to plead insanity and amnesia is a big factor in it.

What you think dying your hair red and telling everybody your a character out of a comic book wouldn't cut it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I was waiting for this.

"US president takes election risk, saying parties should co-operate and assault weapons 'do not belong on our streets'

Barack Obama has broken the silence he has maintained on gun control since the Colorado shootings, making a plea for Democrats, Republicans and community leaders to "arrive at a consensus" on how to reduce gun violence across the United States."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/26/obama-gun-control-deal-aurora

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Quatermain

Why exactly do you think assault weapons are so awesome? Why is their being taken out of the hands of the mentally ill a problem?

You want a gun to defend yourself? Fine. You want a gun capable of sawing through a human being with armour-piercing bullets? We may have a disagreement.

• Advertisement

Quatermain wrote: »
    Why exactly do you think assault weapons are so awesome? Why is their being taken out of the hands of the mentally ill a problem?

You want a gun to defend yourself? Fine. You want a gun capable of sawing through a human being with armour-piercing bullets? We may have a disagreement.

Propaganda Warning

This is why people have an issue with Gun control.

Why? Because I don't want a lunatic riddling my family with bullets? Your terrible photoshop proves nothing.

And how about the countries that have very strict gun laws, and see considerably lower rates of gun crime? Are you literally saying that America is only free because it provides access to weapons? What is your reasoning here?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

This is why people have an issue with Gun control.

(Propaganda Warning)
    I think it's very telling of your position that you know the crap images your post are propaganda, yet have no issue whatsoever posting them.

Why? Because I don't want a lunatic riddling my family with bullets? Your terrible photoshop proves nothing.

And how about the countries that have very strict gun laws, and see considerably lower rates of gun crime? Are you literally saying that America is only free because it provides access to weapons? What is your reasoning here?
    And would you like to be able to defend yourself against a lunatic if he started to shooting indiscriminately at your family or would you prefer to wait until the law departments arrive and by that time members of your family including yourself be dead on the ground.

Lunatics will always find some way of arming themselves and no restrictions or lifting of the 2nd amendment will stop them,

And would you like to be able to defend yourself against a lunatic if he started to shooting indiscriminately at your family or would you prefer to wait until the law departments arrive and by that time members of your family including yourself be dead on the ground.

Lunatics will always find some way of arming themselves and no restrictions or lifting of the 2nd amendment will stop them,

You're not getting my point. I think you'll find it's slightly easier to defend yourself against someone with a knife or a hurley than it is to fend off someone with a hand-cannon or uzi.

Your view here seems to be "if they ban guns, then only villains will have guns". Since this is the case, give everyone a gun! Do you not see how dangerous that is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

The diary of 24-year-old James Holmes -- "full of details about how he was going to kill people" -- was discovered Monday by authorities investigating another package at the school's Anschutz medical campus in Aurora, a law enforcement official told the network. The source also said that the package had been in the mailroom since July 12.

UPDATE: Original reports that said the notebook lay unopened for days before the attack may be inaccurate. The Denver Post reports that Holmes sent the package to his therapist on Friday -- the day of the shooting -- and that it arrived in the mailroom on Monday.

The notebook, intended for a psychiatrist who also teaches at the university, reveals haunting sketches with stick-figure assailants carrying out the attack.

“There were drawings of what he was going to do in it -- drawings and illustrations of the massacre," police told Fox News

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/james-holmes-sent-notebook-psychiatrist_n_1702216.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

convenient or what ?

Not at all.
    Unsurfuckingprisingly, people who commit these acts (remember Virgina Tech and Seung-Hui Cho?) often have a history of warning signs that go ignored until after the fact.

Because mental illness is often perceived as 'weakness' and not illness so fuck spending money on it.

Ahh, the fantasy of the everyman hero, who will magically protect all that is dear to him by virtue of him having a gun.
    pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Obama is objecting to the ownership of assault rifles, there is absolutely no reason why the public should own them... Secondly firing back against a shooter in a public place is liable to cause far more deaths....Between stray bullets and the average publics lack of training, it would be absurd to think they'd be better off as a result. All you're doing is posting right wing propaganda that claim Obama is stealing their guns..

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Obama is objecting to the ownership of assault rifles, there is absolutely no reason why the public should own them...
    In the 2nd world war plenty of unarmed civilian Jews and dissidents could have done with assault rifle as the storm troopers were kicking down doors. Of course we would never have a repeat of anything like that again.

In the 2nd world war plenty of unarmed civilian Jews and dissidents could have done with assault rifle as the storm troopers were kicking down doors. Of course we would never have a repeat of anything like that again.

That is a pretty ridiculous argument. Also, as someone whose living relatives include survivors of the pogroms, it's also a pretty sick one.

And, of course, of we won't see a repeat, then what's the problem?

• Advertisement

That is a pretty ridiculous argument. Also, as someone whose living relatives include survivors of the pogroms, it's also a pretty sick one.

And, of course, of we won't see a repeat, then what's the problem?

And If there was someone in the vicinity of that incident armed with a legally held hand gun many lives may have been spared.

We may well see repeats of this in time, after all there has been several underwear bomber "attempts" so there is no reason why we should see more staged events like this one until the agenda is fulfilled.

And If there was someone in the vicinity of that incident armed with a legally held hand gun many lives may have been spared.

We may well see repeats of this in time, after all there has been several underwear bomber "attempts" so there is no reason why we should see more staged events like this one until the agenda is fulfilled.

When? In Aurora, or during the pogroms you mentioned? I find it very silly that someone with a handgun may have stood against the freaking Wehrmacht. If Aurora, it has been said time and again that it would only have made things worse. A crowded environment, full of innocent lives and obscured by smoke? That would be a tricky environment for a special forces soldier, never find someone who takes an hour on the range once a week. Of course, if they did spend more hours training with a gun, you'd probably say it was part of a government plot to turn people into mindless killers, judging by your track record.

What agenda? What possible reason could there be for killing so many people?

The myth of the armed weekend warrior fighting off "the man" is just that.

To entertain your contemptible shit for a moment, what is it exactly you imagine some people with basic firearms training are going to do against a better armed and trained professional fighting force? Die quicker?

If things have gotten to that point in your society, a poorly trained and armed subsection of the populace are going to achieve the square root of sweet fuck all.

And attempting to tie the holocaust to a news story about trying to reduce the atrocious levels of gun crime in the states is one of the more disgusting things I've ever seen you scrawl.
    I know you've got a penchant for dishonesty, but this is really a new low for you.

The myth of the armed weekend warrior fighting off "the man" is just that.

To entertain your contemptible shit for a moment, what is it exactly you imagine some people with basic firearms training are going to do against a better armed and trained professional fighting force? Die quicker?

People are too thick to look up their history books think that such would never happen again.

The French Resistance against the Nazis, have you ever heard of them?

People are too thick to look up their history books think that such would never happen again.

Who were mostly unarmed, save for weapons supplied by the British Army, and worked through sabotage and spying. They also worked in collusion with armed, trained soldiers from Allied countries to help them smuggle POWs and downed pilots back to England. They could never have succeeded without support from America and England. Also the fact that they were supported and organised by Charles De Gaulle, again, a trained, experienced military operative.

What really happened and what happens on "Allo Allo" is a markedly different affair. :pac:

No, nobody but you has ever heard of the French resistance. What an amazing scholar you are.

Now, how do you intend to misrepresent your vague understanding of history to suit whatever silly point your trying to make this time?
    I'm all ears.

Edit: DAMN YOU Quatermain! *shakes fist*

Who were mostly unarmed, save for weapons supplied by the British Army, and worked through sabotage and spying. They also worked in collusion with armed, trained soldiers from Allied countries to help them smuggle POWs and downed pilots back to England. They could never have succeeded without support from America and England. Also the fact that they were supported and organised by Charles De Gaulle, again, a trained, experienced military operative.

What really happened and what happens on "Allo Allo" is a markedly different affair. :pac:
    They would have improvised what ever they could get their hands on.

In the up and coming situation in the US it will be a lot more difficult to communicate to build up a resistance if the state itself can lock down all telecommunications and communication mediums which leaves any opposition in a very precarious situation.

They would have improvised what ever they could get their hands on.

So now we've gone from holding assault rifles to improvised weapons? How does one make a rifle out of scrap metal and wood?

They did improvise, for example by mixing plastic explosive in with rubbish collected by street-sweepers so it would be tossed in a furnace and explode, but they still needed the plastic explosive. The Resistance was a well-supplied, trained endeavour of trustworthy people supported by national militaries and led by a veteran of WW1. It was not just people picked at random off the street.

They also managed without the internet, somehow, for all that you hold them in such esteem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

The history student in me is disgusted by this constant warping of history to fit RTDH's agenda. The likelihood of storm troopers going into American's houses in the near future is zero unless there's an invasion. :pac: There is no legitimate reason to own an assault rifle and I suspect that a large proportion of people who choose to own them aren't particularly sane if their ownership is based on a fear of government invasion.

• Advertisement

Of course your television set will tell you that we are all safe and nothing will happen, keep it up. .

Assault have other uses..

Are you literally ignoring every post that proves you wrong?

And how exactly does one get props for shooting down something that doesn't exist? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement