Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dublin Deluge

Yes, the only thing I don't quite like about Enigma is that switching from satellite to terrestrial channels (and flicking through terrestrial channels) is frustratingly slow. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

m8 wrote: »
    Have followed PogMoThoin's guide to the letter and it still crashes and lots of lag moving from RTE to Sat and same moving the other way. I can't seem to get anything working the way I think it should. Thats why I was setting up the spark but having issues with that too. Can't reimport the channels after editing with spark editor and have read on another forum that it's an issue with the editor or spark itself. Others have the same issue.

Re-flash E2 and start again. I was having problems and the second flash of E2 is lots smoother. It's looking like I'll need to do the same on the second box I flashed, I seeing laggyness and bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Have flashed it 2 times and not a lot better tbh.

[
    Quote=PogMoThoin;82521283]

Re-flash E2 and start again. I was having problems and the second flash of E2 is lots smoother. It's looking like I'll need to do the same on the second box I flashed, I seeing laggyness and bugs.[/Quote]

Can someone else try edit the ch list in spark editor and reload it.

Need to be sure it's not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

This was posted by RogerThis on Foreign Satellite section. But it's worth a try on Amiko Receiver to see if it works. It would be a nice addition to Enigma 2 receiver:
    (All credit goes to RogerThis)

"[WIP] RTE Player for Enigma2
    Work in Progress - Alpha 1 - Proof of concept build

Install instructions
    Download Link
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/upv1l89kuw5r0c3/ymEcgQUwZO/rteplayer.zip

Copy the folder "rteplayer" using a FTP program (such as FileZilla) to "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/"

Restart Enigma2

Goto plugin section and start RTE Player

What working:
    Video files are playing
    Sections
    Latest Episodes
    Most Popular Episodes
    Episodes by Date

What not working:
    Sections
    Categories
    A to Z

Already tested and working on:
    Vu+ Duo with Openvix 3.0
    Gigablue Quad Openvix 3.0
    Azbox HD Elite Openrsi 3.0"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 my goodness

Yeah you can install what ever images you like as long as they are e2. I know of three images, there's probably more. HDMU, PKTNebula, Satstaion. I have satstaion firmware installed. good image and its getting a lot of support talk about it going on release shortly.

Could not download from the link keep getting message:
    Invalid Link
    This link was not well formed
    Any help on this

Cheers mate

Could not download from the link keep getting message:
    Invalid Link
    This link was not well formed
    Any help on this

Cheers mate

Yep same here.

Apologies. I have now fixed link.

givecredit wrote: »
    This was posted by RogerThis on Foreign Satellite section. But it's worth a try on Amiko Receiver to see if it works.
    [...]

I can confirm this is working on my Amiko Alien 2. Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

Updated version uploaded by RogerThis:

Alpha Build 2
    Adds:
    Categories
    A to Z

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31328853/rteplayer%20Alpha%202.zip

Working perfect for me also.

Anyone got any more plugins or apps for the spark orthe E2 image?

Give this one a try:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g12lw01a2fhr3c0/icefilms.zip

put in same location as rte player. If it works, enjoy a great plugin.

Thanks I will try that ;)

Here is one of my own. Made it for Vix/openpli receivers. Might work on Amiko{

unzip and put to Var/etc->etc/enigma2, then restart enigma and go to your Radio Section. Hopefully you will find many new Radio Stations in Web Favoutites.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/41pza6ssyly85z0/userbouquet.favourites.zip

Thanks I will try that ;)

m8 I have changed the icefilms file in the link I gave earlier. The new file should work in Amiko.

Update from RogerThis re RTE player:
    [WIP] RTE Player for Enigma2

Work in Progress - Beta 1

Fixed unicode character ' -to '
    code cleanup
    Add icon

Install instructions
    Download Link

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31328853/rteplayer%20Beta%201.zip

Copy the folder "rteplayer" using a FTP program (such as FileZilla) to "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/"

Restart Enigma2

Goto plugin section and start RTE Player

What working:
    Video files are playing
    Sections
    Latest Episodes
    Most Popular Episodes
    Episodes by Date
    Categories
    A to Z

I bought mine here:
    http://www.satworld.ie/

I would go for the satstation image, comes preloaded for astra for ireland as well and stigflops autobouquet installed , you'll be up and running in no time. That just me do.

• Advertisement

Crooss EPG Plugin for Spark

Download the cross EPG Plugin from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?yedbb8y8clsowl1
    Extract the Plugin.
    Open the folder.
    Copy and paste the Plugin folder to usb key ( formated as fat32).
    Plugin usb into the receiver.
    Upgrade when asked.
    When the receiver is rebooting remove memory stick.

When receiver is finished rebooting hit the TV/ Radio Button on remote
    Next hit the EPG on remote.
    Find the channel iepg data radio channel. Hit OK
    Next go to menu, Plugin
    highlight the cross epg Plugin
    Select start OSD
    Select Configure and reload it on reboot exit
    While still in the croos epg OSD
    Choose open TV
    Select ASTRA 28.2 (FOR Ireland)
    Then scroll down and hit download
    When finished exit all the way out
    You should now have a working EPG

Its still a bit dodgy but it is better that what is on it now.

PS. I got update yesterday for spark and cross epg so it will be getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shezsharks

Hey guys have my new amiko alien 2 all set up and installed with spark not enigma as it is installed but cannot use it to its full potential. Is there someone out there that could call out to Glenageary Co Dublin to update hte box for me as I have paid for satellite dish installation and extra line installation for a quad lnb dont want to spend a fortune but if anyone is in the area I can pay something or give you an openbox pvr s9 which I am selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shezsharks

tHANKS FOR THAT - I got as far as highlighting 28.2 astra and clicked ok so it had a tick beside it but then download down in the left hand corner was a right pointing arrow but when that is pressed on the remote no download happens?? Any ideas??

I would go for the satstation image, comes preloaded for astra for ireland as well and stigflops autobouquet installed , you'll be up and running in no time. That just me do.

Do you have a link to that image please?

Is it this image?
    HDMU_1263_E2_spark7162_211_git_4797_nodebug_nolcd_Diff3_ffm_Flash.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭championc

Do you have a link to that image please?

Is it this image?
    HDMU_1263_E2_spark7162_211_git_4797_nodebug_nolcd_Diff3_ffm_Flash.zip

No m8, that is the HDMU image but this also probably explains all the problems you are having because this is a VERY old image. The latest is 1470 found at the end of THIS thread - http://linuxsat-support.com/amiko-alien-2-images-e2-spark/18610-hdmu-team-e2-image-amiko-alien-2-a.html

Satstation has it's own forum and Image HERE at - http://www.satstation.co.uk/forum/f268-amiko-alien-2-enigma-2/

championc wrote: »
    No m8, that is the HDMU image but this also probably explains all the problems you are having because this is a VERY old image. The latest is 1470 found at the end of THIS thread - http://linuxsat-support.com/amiko-alien-2-images-e2-spark/18610-hdmu-team-e2-image-amiko-alien-2-a.html

Satstation has it's own forum and Image HERE at - http://www.satstation.co.uk/forum/f268-amiko-alien-2-enigma-2/

Thanks championc

I do have the 1470 on mine but there must be something up with it as had to reboot every 10 mins or so when doing anything it hangs on me.

I will try another image and see how I geton.

What is the full name on that image please?

@m8, are you sure you setup the tuners correctly? Tuner A is terrestrial set to European DVB-T, Tuner B is universal LNB Astra 28.2, Tuner C is "same as Tuner B"

Having it set to Diseqc will crash the box

I'm considering this box as a FTA solution for my parents as I'm trying to find something that they won't have to retune. I know it'll take some work to set up but I'm willing to do that. Would it be a "set it and forget it" system if I installed the autobouquet plugin?

Karsini wrote: »
    I'm considering this box as a FTA solution for my parents as I'm trying to find something that they won't have to retune. I know it'll take some work to set up but I'm willing to do that. Would it be a "set it and forget it" system if I installed the autobouquet plugin?

Hmmm, not sure E2 is stable enough yet, I'm rebooting mine daily and it runs fine but I have had the odd crash. I'd wait a release or two before it becomes parentproof-stable. Definitely go ahead and buy the hardware though.

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Hmmm, not sure E2 is stable enough yet, I'm rebooting mine daily and it runs fine but I have had the odd crash. I'd wait a release or two before it becomes parentproof-stable. Definitely go ahead and buy the hardware though.

Same here. It really is great entertainment if you're a techie, but to be honest some members of my household are not very impressed with me spending too much time on the box, with the need to reboot the box so often and with its laggyness flicking through the terrestrial channels. But everyone likes the coolguide EPG, the ease of recording, etc. So I do think its advantages outweight its shortcomings. I hope the next few images get much more stable and fast.

Has anybody made a comparison of the satstation images vs the HDMU images in terms of stability and speed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement