Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

m8 wrote: »
    Is this downloaded from within the box or do I download and FTP to the box?

Sorry if that sounds stupid but just getting to grips with this.

Plugins then press green button, same place you get skins and boot logo

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Hi PogMoThoin

Just one more question on this step?

Do I change permissions on the folder and all sub folder\files?

Or is it on one file within the folder?
    Autobouquets
    After a full scan it's time for autobouquets.

Change permissions of the Autobouquets file to 755

Just the autobouquets_e2.sh file

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dublin Deluge

So I'm pretty much done setting up my Alien2 box to run Enigma2 and so far I'm quite enjoying the results! Thanks again Pog for the guide!

I've found a couple of glitches/issues and would like to know if other people have found them too (and hopefully have a solution):

1. I notice that the box is noticeably slow when flicking through the terrestrial channels. It's fast when switching from one satellite channel to another satellite channel, but not when switching from one terrestrial channel to another terrestrial channel or from a satellite channel to a terrestrial channel.

2. I noticed as well that the box has much less sensitivity to the remote control than before. A few pages back somebody also noticed something similar to this and it was suggested to change the batteries in the remote. I'll try doing this, but I did notice that Enigma2 has "less remote control sensitivity" than Spark (i.e. after noticing this in Enigma2 I went back to Spark and I noticed that the box is more responsive to the remote than in Enigma2).

3. I notice some temporary "effects" on the video from time to time. I.e. when switching channels and also sometimes in the PIP image. I will try to take pictures and upload them here. This is not really a big issue, but I just never saw these effects in Spark, so I'm a bit worried...

Thanks,
    DD

1. Yes it is noticibly slower, but not really an issue

2. No problems here, try new batteries. I noticed when the batteries weaken you need to point more directly at the box than with fresh batteries.

3. I see a single glitch when I switch to PIP, it's probably just maxing the cpu for an instant. Not really an issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Apogee

Does this E2 image have native support for the Freesat EPG (e.g. a setting for 'Enable freesat EPG' or similar in 'Setup') like some other E2 images on other boxes? Or can the Freesat EPG only be obtained via CrossEPG?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

Apogee wrote: »
    Does this E2 image have native support for the Freesat EPG (e.g. a setting for 'Enable freesat EPG' or similar in 'Setup') like some other E2 images on other boxes? Or can the Freesat EPG only be obtained via CrossEPG?

I'm using cool TV guide - see WWW.CoolTVGuide.com

I'm using the Cool Tiny Guide. You could set it up with whatever list you create on the box but all channels have 7 days epg. So i have the terrestrial and satellite channels mixed on the one epg.

C

That's not what he's asking, CoolTV only pulls in the info from CrossEPG

There are options in settings-->EPG Settings to enable Freesat and other EPGs but without CrossEPG all that it gets is now and next for the transponder the box is on.

2013-01-02224012_zps6f7dfdf4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

It is the elitedvb plugin that hops to the radio channel and parses the info from that transponder that Apogee is asking about and it should be easily done. Can you not load generic E2 plugins ?

STB wrote: »
    It is the elitedvb plugin that hops to the radio channel and parses the info from that transponder that Apogee is asking about and it should be easily done. Can you not load generic E2 plugins ?

Very few are compatible. Some IPK's will not install as they are designed for a different architecture.

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Very few are compatible. Some IPK's will not install as they are designed for a different architecture.

Well who is supporting this box ? Try the IPK. Give them the crash logs.

Do you have options in the crossepg control to load the epg to a key rather than the flash memory ?

Well who is supporting this box ? Try the IPK. Give them the crash logs.

There is decent support for the box on http://linuxsat-support.com/
    There is a repository of compatible plugins, you download them straight to box.
    Do you have options in the crossepg control to load the epg to a key rather than the flash memory ?

Yes, it's saving to /media/hdd/

Of course its patching e2 on a STi chip platform rather than that which was designed for Broadcom chipset.:)

Fair whack to whoever hacked that!

Of course its patching e2 on a STi chip platform rather than that which was designed for Broadcom chipset.:)

Fair whack to whoever hacked that!

Never doubt the linux community, between Enigma, XBMC and Android I have some setup here :p

Never doubt the linux community, between Enigma, XBMC and Android I have some setup here :p

O/T RTE Player still running on XBMC ? Its one of the shortfalls on the VU+ range.

O/T RTE Player still running on XBMC ? Its one of the shortfalls on the VU+ range.

No, it's been broken for a while, see this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056833357

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Will this Tutorial work mplease on the Golden Media Triplex box which I understand is virtually the same as the Amiko Alien 2?
    Thanks in advance:)

rco2000 wrote: »
    Will this Tutorial work mplease on the Golden Media Triplex box which I understand is virtually the same as the Amiko Alien 2?
    Thanks in advance:)

Not sure, I think there are slight differences, the chip in the GM Triplex is clocked higher for one.

Please remove the huge quote above

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Apogee

That's not what he's asking, CoolTV only pulls in the info from CrossEPG

There are options in settings-->EPG Settings to enable Freesat and other EPGs but without CrossEPG all that it gets is now and next for the transponder the box is on.

2013-01-02224012_zps6f7dfdf4.jpg

Thanks PogMoTho1n - when that specific setting is enabled in other E2 images on Dreambox and Vu boxes, and if the box is left tuned to any Freesat channel (e.g. BBC One) then it slowly starts to populate the 7-day EPG in the background.

What happens if you do similar with the Amiko - will it eventually populate the EPG (usually takes 15-20 mins or so) or is it permanently broken?

Anyone know how can I edit the chanel list on the spark side?

I would like to edit in something like the Dreambox editor and save it back to the box in the spark image is this possible?

• Advertisement

This is the Spark editor, you need to export the database XML (menu-->system-->upgrade-->database transformer) to a usb key and then import again when done.
    http://www.amikoalienusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/SparkEditor1.7.zip

@Apogee I will try that when I get time

Thanks PogMoThoin I will try that tonight.

Seriously m8, consider moving to Engma2, you'll never go back. It just seems to do so much more than Spark will do.

I have downloaded the channels from the box, ordered them using the spark editor and setup my FAV but when I try upload them again to Spark I ger an error. Seems once they are edited at all they won't go back to the box because I can download a channell list and upload but again if I edit it I get the error.

Is there any other editor that works or other people hav used for Spark?

championc:
    Seriously m8, consider moving to Engma2, you'll never go back. It just seems to do so much more than Spark will do.

Have tried but it's not stable and I'm just not able to get it the way i want it so I want to setup SPARK as good as I can for now until I get more time and help with E2.

I was going to put the box up for sale today !!

m8 wrote: »
    I was going to put the box up for sale today !!

Don't do it m8. For starters, I re-ordered my list on Spark without issue so it "should" work.

As for Enigma2, have you tried the HDMU 1470 image. I haven't had a crash at all and seems to do everything I've asked of it. I'm a Linux noob but I'll do my best to assist - that's what Boardies are for eh ?

There was a point where my wife was insisting that it was me or the box that was going out the window. I haven't had any such threat since the E2 upgrade !!!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know your opinion as to what you think is the best way to update CoolTVGuide.

The version that came with the E2 image is 5.6.2. But now every time I use it it comes up with an annoying message asking to upgrade to the latest version. I went to www.cooltvguide.com, but the info there seems to assume that you're installing it for the first time (no real info for upgrade).

Don't really want to mess up with the box, so wanted to know if this would be the best way to go upgrading cool tv guide:

1. Via telnet remove the following files:
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer/CoolNextEvent.pyo
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer/CoolPico.pyo
    Remove directory and its contents:
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTVGuide

2. Download from www.cooltvguide.com the OE 2.0 version of the plugin

3. Install via USB stick/hard drive as normal

BTW, I tried removing it using the Remove Plugins option in the Plugin browser but didn't succeed.

Thanks a lot in advance

DD

I wouldn't, it needs to support the hardware in the Alien2, wait till the HDMU team update it in their repository

Thanks for letting me know, was going to update it and was probably going to break it. Won't do it then. Do you know if there's a way to turn off that upgrade reminder message from cooltvguide? It's really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭halkar

Does wifi work with E2? I installed few different E2 images but could not get wifi working. It works with spark though.

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    Don't do it m8. For starters, I re-ordered my list on Spark without issue so it "should" work.

As for Enigma2, have you tried the HDMU 1470 image. I haven't had a crash at all and seems to do everything I've asked of it. I'm a Linux noob but I'll do my best to assist - that's what Boardies are for eh ?

There was a point where my wife was insisting that it was me or the box that was going out the window. I haven't had any such threat since the E2 upgrade !!!

Have followed PogMoThoin's guide to the letter and it still crashes and lots of lag moving from RTE to Sat and same moving the other way. I can't seem to get anything working the way I think it should. Thats why I was setting up the spark but having issues with that too. Can't reimport the channels after editing with spark editor and have read on another forum that it's an issue with the editor or spark itself. Others have the same issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement