Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭championc

cannot find kernal file upgrade failed
    thats when i go into plugins in spark. ive done something stupid i know it

Right, do you have a plugin called e2.upgrade (or e2.update) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭taytobreath

yes when i put press plugin in on my stb i have plugin_e2upgrade.s

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    put it in your PC. open up 'Computer' right click on the key and select format.

done it, ill try an image now if some one can recommend me one and talk me thru it, again thank u for your patience, 3.30pm today im on this

championc wrote: »
    Right, do you have a plugin called e2.upgrade (or e2.update) ?

i keep gettin an error
    cannot find kernal file

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

i keep gettin an error
    cannot find kernal file

download the one here. It's not the newest but should work

• Advertisement

Thanks, im on it now

yes when i put press plugin in on my stb i have plugin_e2upgrade.s

1. Insert the USB stick into the Front Socket

2. Wait for the stick to be scanned

3. Press OK and you should be in the plugin and it should say storage/c

4. Press OK and browse to the folder on the stick containing the E2 image and press Red Button (Select)

5. Press Red Button to Upgrade

Let me know how far you get

C

Get up and running is the first priority but after that, stay clear of HDMU, it's ****e in comparison to Hyperion or AR-P

Besides, you'll need my Hyperion image with everything pre done since you're struggling so much at the first hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Get up and running is the first priority but after that, stay clear of HDMU, it's ****e in comparison to Hyperion or AR-P

HDMU is good and has regular updates,I found it alot better than AR-P .
    Hyperion is sweet though.

i bought this box second hand, and the last thing i heard off the guy was that he said he couldnt work it in enigma, he said he gave up on it. and that drew my suspicions when i started to try get it going, is it possible he done something to it that fuked it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

i bought this box second hand, and the last thing i heard off the guy was that he said he couldnt work it in enigma, he said he gave up on it. and that drew my suspicions when i started to try get it going, is it possible he done something to it that fuked it up

It's almost impossible to mess these boxes up. Have you tried my method above for flashing Enigma2 instead of doing it through Spark?

I find it extremely easy and always works.

i feel like a right knob because i no its something anal im doing wrong

Zardoz wrote: »
    HDMU is good and has regular updates,I found it alot better than AR-P .

Agreed, HDMU is far from rubbish, I'm currently running one of the latest releases for the last while and it's a rock solid image, every plugin works as it should on it.

Zardoz wrote: »
    HDMU is good and has regular updates,I found it alot better than AR-P

I assume your HDMU hangs frequently, and for no apparent reason ? Have you looked at the Memory and CPU usage details for HDMU ? Telnet in and run TOP.

HDMU is based on Python 2.6 - OE1.6 whereas AR-P and Hyperion is based on Python 2.7 - OE2.0

I don't think AR-P is being worked on anymore and I think that HDMU updates are only small tweaks. If there will be a judder fix, I would expect Hyperion to be the first in there

i feel like a right knob because i no its something anal im doing wrong

Flashing from the front panel generally seems to require a Kingston USB stick.

What happened to when you followed my steps and did within Spark ?

nothing happened,

i put it ino the back of the basterd and the front sreen on the top left hand side says its getting that i plugged in my key and then it goes out but
    nothing happens

i put it ino the back of the basterd and the front sreen on the top left hand side says its getting that i plugged in my key and then it goes out but
    nothing happens

Right, so it's detected

So go into Plugins, OK, into e2.upgrade, OK and what do you get ? Storage/C in the centre of the screen ?

If so, click OK and browse your Fat32 formatted SD Card. Can you see it;s structure ? Can you browse to the folder containing the Enigma2 image

NOTE: When browsing, you only see folders, and NOT files. Create dummy folders if necessary on your USB to prove you can browse it

my downfall is i took on something i should not of had, if your a numptie like me , dont touch it,

sorry gettin mad with myself now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭smee again

my downfall is i took on something i should not of had, if your a numptie like me , dont touch it,

sorry gettin mad with myself now

Where are you based, sounds like it's completely over your head tbh.

• Advertisement

You're on the brink of sucess mate - don't give up.

These boxes are bullet proof, I'm certain of it.

You're seeing the USB Disk, you've got the e2 upgrade plugin, just join the two of them :)

i get cannot find kernal file

i get cannot find kernal file

Can you see the directory structure of the USB stick ?

smee again wrote: »
    Where are you based, sounds like it's completely over your head tbh.

haha waterford, waaaaaay over my head i think, even though ive spent a few weeks on it, still im convinced its the most idiotic thing im doing wrong

Can you see the directory structure of the USB stick ?

updatepath storage/c/
    thats all i see

updatepath storage/c/
    thats all i see

select it and navigate to the enigma2 folder and press red to select, then press red to install it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I assume your HDMU hangs frequently, and for no apparent reason ?

No it doesnt hang ,not at all.

I'm agreed, HDMU is a better image. All images are becoming more stable. HDMU has been around the longest so has the most bugs fixed and better for every day use because of this, regardless of cpu and ram usage. I'll be going back to it as soon as it includes the judder fix, I also bet it'll be the first image to have the fix.

smee again wrote: »
    I'm agreed, HDMU is a better image. All images are becoming more stable. HDMU has been around the longest so has the most bugs fixed and better for every day use because of this, regardless of cpu and ram usage. I'll be going back to it as soon as it includes the judder fix, I also bet it'll be the first image to have the fix.

Yeh I can see HDMU releasing the first image with a full fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

right flashed a new software and got oscam 8523, have oscam.conf,oscam.dvbapi,oscam.provid,oscam.serv,oscam.user,oscam.servid,oscam.services besides oscam.serv do i have to input anything in the others and also when in oscam.serv there is about 7 different readers which one do i go to thanks and i forgot to mention its a nline i have thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement