Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Just noticed there is now a Amiko Alien 2+ Tripple Tuner - just like the Amiko Alien 2 but with DVB-T2 tuners instead of DVB-T

Any Irish stores have the plus version yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Theres no real use for that in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Ah, just noticed that someone mentioned that the minimum standard for STBs will be DVB-T2 prob only due to NI using it. DVB-T should do so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭championc

No potential use unless you live in the border counties

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dublin Deluge

Does anyone know if there's a list of apps / web channels available for this system? I tried going to http://www.spark-tv.com/ and http://www.sparkfans.net/, but couldn't get an app list as such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Dublin Deluge

2 cables from a quad would be fine.

Hello,
    I was wondering if there is any advantage to using 2 lines instead of just 1 with this box.

In this review:

http://www.tele-satellite.com/TELE-satellite-1207/eng/amiko.pdf

It says " In case you want or have to use this box with only a single line it is possible to hand over the signal from tuner 1 to tuner 2 – this is neatly implemented in the operating software"

Is there any advantage to having 2 lines over 1 line? What do 2 lines offer me that 1 line cannot provide? The main reason I want the triple tuner is to be able to record 1 satellite channel while watching another satellite channel or to record saorview while watching satellite, etc. Will I be able to do this with a single satellite line?

Also, the review seems to concentrate on the Spark software. So perhaps if I want to use the Enigma2 software, I won't be able to "hand over the signal from tuner 1 to tuner 2"?

I just want to watch FTA UK channels with the satellite box and I live in South Dublin (just in case that info is important).

AFAIK, One cable will allow you to watch one satellite channel while recording another ONLY IF both channels are on the same polarity (or maybe even only on the same Transponder)

With two cables, you can have two channels with different polarity and transponder frequency. Or you could have links off two different dishes pointing at two different satellites.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

New version of spark released today. Built in Network streaming. Good to see its being improved all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

12 element wrote: »
    New version of spark released today. Built in Network streaming. Good to see its being improved all the time.

Yeah, I got that today, it's glitchy, they say it's experimental, it isn't really working. One thing I'm glad of is though, this firmware sorted out the audio sync issues I was having on some channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 afkg61

The new version shows crossepg config is available when you press f1 in epg. Anybody get this to work ?

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yeah, I got that today, it's glitchy, they say it's experimental, it isn't really working. One thing I'm glad of is though, this firmware sorted out the audio sync issues I was having on some channels.

Just trying it out on Match of the Day. I'll have to re-tune a BBC One non-HD channel but otherwise, other channels are not too bad I think. The only thing I was hoping for was that I could have watched channels other than the one which the box itself was tuned to. As I changed channel on the WebTV, the box channel changed too.

Now to check the recording of programme names rather than the station names and to see if Fast Forward or Rewind is working properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭thebourke

does this box overheat...i was thinking of getting this box until a guy i work with said that they overheat easily..is this true?

thebourke wrote: »
    does this box overheat...i was thinking of getting this box until a guy i work with said that they overheat easily..is this true?

Are you sure it was the Alien 2 box and not another older model. Mine seems fine anyway.

Yeah. No problem here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

There have being huge improvements on the E2 side of things on this book, when it came out the E2 side was fairly alpha but the latest E2 image is definitely a late beta if not a proper E2 release.

Have dual recording and 7 day epg fully working on this box.

Cork981 wrote: »
    There have being huge improvements on the E2 side of things on this book, when it came out the E2 side was fairly alpha but the latest E2 image is definitely a late beta if not a proper E2 release.

Any chance of uploading a backup? I tried flash E2 before but failed, need to try a different usb key.

did you update or downgrade to the 1.2.51 spark version? You have to do this to update uboot?

Also I had issues flashing from a usb driving by holding ok so I just installed an addon in spark called e2upgrade which has installed many E2 images with issue with any usb drive.

did you update or downgrade to the 1.2.51 spark version? You have to do this to update uboot?

Also I had issues flashing from a usb driving by holding ok so I just installed an addon in spark called e2upgrade which has installed many E2 images with issue with any usb drive.

No, I'm on the latest Spark, any chance of uploading that plugin folder somewhere like Dropbox?

What E2 image are you using?

Ill PM you a dropbox link with the latest plugins, downgrade to 1.2.51 first before you attempt to boot or install E2.
    Im using HDMU 1447

Thank you. There is a firmware 1.2.51 E2 boot upgrade, I'm istalling that now, is that the one? The reason I ask is there is another before that 1.2.51 beta.

• Advertisement

1.2.51 E2 boot upgrade thats the one you can go back to .60 after the downgrade if you want as soon as the BL is updated.

Thank you Sir. Setting up Enigma now. You don't have a decent channels list by any chance?

No problem have a http://www.sgtflipflop.ukfsn.org/
    Updated frequently use dbedit you upload to box

I am having nothing but bugs with that image, I wouldn't call it stable. I cannot do a manual scan on satellite, it crashes and the box reboots instantly.

I am having nothing but bugs with that image, I wouldn't call it stable. I cannot do a manual scan on satellite, it crashes and the box reboots instantly.

Are you using HDMU_1447_E2_spark7162_211_git_5038_nodebug_nolcd_ Diff0_ffm_Flash

Forgot to mention you have to add your own satellite.xml file to scan or use 28.2e

This image is rock solid on my box

Yes, that is the image i am using, I'm setting Tuner B and C to be the same as each other. It's also rebooted randomly during the setup wizard. That Christmas skin is horrible.

You have the xml for the satellites?

Have you the 7 day EPG for Satellite ?

Also, is there anything that Spark can do that E2 can't ?

Yes, that is the image i am using, I'm setting Tuner B and C to be the same as each other. It's also rebooted randomly during the setup wizard. That Christmas skin is horrible.

You have the xml for the satellites?

You can get the latest XML file here just click your required satellite http://satellites-xml.eu/

Ya the Christmas skin is fairly horrible I'm using pli hd skin instead.

I didnt experience any craahes during set up.

championc wrote: »

Have you the 7 day EPG for Satellite ?

Also, is there anything that Spark can do that E2 can't ?

Ya using crossepg give a full 7 day epg on most satellites.

Not really E2 has a lot of plugins like channel1.

Not all plugins have being complied for sh4 yet though.

• Advertisement

I got this running pretty good now after a lot of playing

Cork981, What providers are you using in Crossepg?
    I'm using the Pli skin but it doesn't do the HDMU Center? Do any of them?

Any tips or tricks you can give me? Not used to Enigma

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement