Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭championc

Click the SAT button. It will popup a mini menu with the choice between Satellite or Terrestrial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

championc wrote: »
    Click the SAT button. It will popup a mini menu with the choice between Satellite or Terrestrial

You're best not to bother though, just spend some time and add your channels to groups of favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 10 frank149

Thanks Guys,

Looked like my first Scan of terrestrial did not save.
    Have rescanned and saved, pressing Sat button brings up both easy to switch between.
    I will get around to saving to Fav to make life easier for other family members.
    Net step is to connect to internet.

Thanks Again for replys.

I have a strange bug with mine. If I plug in my Usb 3 external drive to the port at the back and do a speed test I get 175MBit/s write, 219Mbit/s read if I plug it in with box booted. If I reboot with it plugged in I only get 13MBit/s write, 15MBit/s read and need to remove and insert it again to get full speed. This does not happen with the front port where I get full speed all the time. This is annoying, I'd prefer use the back Usb port

Joeyineire wrote: »
    I also have a NAS drive I was hoping to use a network PVR but I cant change the login information to access it.

Hi Joey

Did you manage to get this working ? If so, how many programmes can you record simultaneously ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 AskyourmA

123skb wrote: »
    I have put up the channel list created by steveon up on sky-drive for anyone to download https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DABA7D7F81AAE3E!429&authkey=!AF97G_6BEA0e9Ik
    Many thanks to steveon for all the time he put into this, I have only uploaded it (with his concent), all thanks and credit goes to steveon.

How do I install the channel list from the link above??? Fair play to steveon...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

AskyourmA wrote: »
    How do I install the channel list from the link above??? Fair play to steveon...

heres a wee video to show you how to upload the channel-list upto the box...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA7XECtOCco

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AskyourmA

steveon wrote: »
    heres a wee video to show you how to upload the channel-list upto the box...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA7XECtOCco

Thanks for the link, but I'm still having trouble... I've downloaded the zip and extracted the files and put them on a clean kingston usb stick. I now have a folder "alien 2" on the usb stick with 2 sub folders "Channel-list" and "joealien" and another folder "pvr". Looks like my amiko can see the folders on the stick but cannot open them... Any help greatly appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Has there been any progress on Enigma 2 for this box in the last month ?

I'd love a twin tuner receiver but the Vu+ Duo is too much and this box or the similar units like the Golden Media Triplex would be a great option if Enigma 2 was working efficiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Finno59

does anyone know how to get teletext working on this box, when i press yellow and then teletext it says no teletext on rte?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Apogee

Finno59 wrote: »
    does anyone know how to get teletext working on this box, when i press yellow and then teletext it says no teletext on rte?

You need a box with MHEG5 to get the newer version of Aertel transmitted on Saorview/DTT.

However, you can get Aertel with a Amiko box by tuning in the encrypted version of RTÉ1 on Satellite which still carries the traditional WST/EBU Teletext (10744, H, 22000).

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

Can anyone confirm that recording satellite and watching terrestrial and visa versa is now supported? Might need to do an upgrade in the menu first.

Yes, it works

BUT

What you need to do is create a Favourites list with has both types of channels combined in the list. You can even record from both simultaneously while watching a third channel.

Just one thing to watch if recording two programmes simultaneously - make sure the start times are NOT identical or else one programme will be missed. Manually set one to begin One minute before the other.

championc wrote: »
    Yes, it works

BUT

What you need to do is create a Favourites list with has both types of channels combined in the list. You can even record from both simultaneously while watching a third channel.

Just one thing to watch if recording two programmes simultaneously - make sure the start times are NOT identical or else one programme will be missed. Manually set one to begin One minute before the other.

What firmware? Spark? Is timeshift working for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

I'd say the latest spark software. Amiko themselves told me it was now working when i e-mailed them.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    What firmware? Spark? Is timeshift working for you?

Spark. The last time I tried to watch a programme from the beginning while it was still being recorded, it did not work. I haven't tried it for a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shezsharks

Im going to buy the Amiko Alien 2 and would like to know what is the best 2tb external hard drive to get, I use the openbox s9 pvr at the moment and my hard drive stays on all the time. Id like a 2tb hard drive that has a sleep or standby or automatic function on it???

I could be wrong but I think it would be the box which would control the sleeping or not of the Hard Disk. I've never checked what my disk is doing when I have the box sitting idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shezsharks

I would think the same but when the openbox is off the drive is still whirling constantly it dosent go to sleep. Thats why I was asking if there is one that definitely does this to save electricity.

I think there are two settings in the Settings Menu for Standby in the settings menu. One just simply turns off the front panel display and the output too whereas the other setting I think did much more of a power down.

• Advertisement

any1 manage to get the crossepg working yet, have got it on the box but have no options to enable the downloads

There seem to be a few new Enigma 2 images out for the Alien 2 this week.
    Satstation have a beta image out with Crossepg and Coolepg built in .It can record and watch 2 encrypted channels at the same time as well as working 100% with HD channels etc on the 28.2 Astra sats.Has oscam built in too.
    Its still a bit buggy but looking very promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

is the Amiko SHD-8900 Alien HD worth a go?

irishgeo wrote: »

It's a single tuner and is old tech at this stage, been around a while, the Alien 2 is a triple tuner

thats a single tuner box.....Amiko Alien2 a much better buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Not everyone needs twin tuners, it's pretty much the same box apart from tuners.

Compton wrote: »
    Not everyone needs twin tuners, it's pretty much the same box apart from tuners.

Alien 2 is faster, it has a faster cpu at the same clock speed
    Alien has STi7111 450MHz CPU
    Alien 2 has STi7162 450MHz CPU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

I know, but realistically that doesn't make a huge difference. I've used both boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone got a good e2 image for the Amiko Alien SHD 8900 HD?

• Advertisement

anyone got a good e2 image for the Amiko Alien SHD 8900 HD?
    Pkt nebula v3 is supposed to be the best E2 image

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement