Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

In E2 images Series Link is called Autotimer and does the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭championc

STB wrote: »
    These boxes are not using ST7111 chip. They are using the The ST7162 chip.

I know that. What I was wondering was whether doing a full 7 day EPG was something which is doable on Enigma

BTW, have you any idea as to how to install the E2 image ? I can set it to boot into ENIG but upon rebooting into FORCE, pressing the right arrow gives me FACT followed by 7 70

I used the same USB that I had the Plugins on in order to install them on Spark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

770 means that usb stick is not recognised, try a kingston.

Strange because it worked fine for installing Spark Plugins

have you managed to get 7 day epg working on spark image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭zg3409

Bozacke wrote: »
    Well maybe it has a different name, but the Humax Foxsat has Serial link.

It's called "series link" Only Sky and FreeSat boxes do this. The first Saorview approved Saorview + PVR will do series link. It should be available before October 24th but will only record Irish channels

Every approved FreeSAT box is listed here:
    http://www.freesat.co.uk
    The "+" boxes do series link

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Joeyineire

I have just gotten one of these boxes and I have just managed to get the new software installed without it destroying my channel list etc. I really want to get TV wall working but how do I navigate to it and do I have to start a plugin ?

I really am I beginner with all this so any help is appreciated. Has anyone installed Enigma 2 successfully on an Alien2. I hoping to try it tomorrow when I have a few hours to spare..

I also have a NAS drive I was hoping to use a network PVR but I cant change the login information to access it.

Is there anything else I should be using this box for or how do I make best use out of it, what do you use it for currently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Was in a shop earlier on the southside of Dublin these are selling for 195euro..My head is fried at this stage of what set up stb satellite etc i should get:confused: I still have two or three months to decide all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Joeyineire wrote: »
    I have just gotten one of these boxes and I have just managed to get the new software installed without it destroying my channel list etc. I really want to get TV wall working but how do I navigate to it and do I have to start a plugin ?

I really am I beginner with all this so any help is appreciated. Has anyone installed Enigma 2 successfully on an Alien2. I hoping to try it tomorrow when I have a few hours to spare..

I also have a NAS drive I was hoping to use a network PVR but I cant change the login information to access it.

Is there anything else I should be using this box for or how do I make best use out of it, what do you use it for currently ?
    If you go into the settings and advanced option u can enable the tv wall and upload them from usb. If you download the latest channel editor from below version 1.7 and create ur channel list u can add the picon to the channel, and then upload it via the usb...its great...

http://www.amikoalienusa.com/?page_id=118

steveon wrote: »
    If you go into the settings and advanced option u can enable the tv wall and upload them from usb. If you download the latest channel editor from below version 1.7 and create ur channel list u can add the picon to the channel, and then upload it via the usb...its great...

http://www.amikoalienusa.com/?page_id=118

Hi Steveon,

Where did you get your channel logos from ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

championc wrote: »
    Hi Steveon,

Where did you get your channel logos from ?

Google images I would imagine. Spark Editor allows you to add jpegs as picons.

STB wrote: »
    Google images I would imagine. Spark Editor allows you to add jpegs as picons.

I had found someone with a bunch on PNG's but not JPG's

I had found someone with a bunch on PNG's but not JPG's

I actually converted them one by one myself....I am happy to share them and a complete channel listing that I done for the spark software version 2.54 if my memory serves me rite...

Send me a pm if u want it.

Steve, your PM folder is full, can you delete some messages.

Regards

stan

stanley1 wrote: »
    Steve, your PM folder is full, can you delete some messages.

Regards

stan

Sorry mate only finally made it home and I notice my email didnt send to you so I will try again in the morning...apologies..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Finally got mine fully setup today. How is the TV wall for others? For me it's so laggy it's unusable. Timeshift isn't working, when I pause and return is jumps to present with no option to play from where paused. It was working perfectly on the Amiko 8820 I was using before this. Anyone got a link to a decent Enigma image.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Finally got mine fully setup today. How is the TV wall for others? For me it's so laggy it's unusable. Timeshift isn't working, when I pause and return is jumps to present with no option to play from where paused. It was working perfectly on the Amiko 8820 I was using before this. Anyone got a link to a decent Enigma image.

I am really annoyed that on Spark, you cannot record one channel on one aerial type while watching another channel on the other aerial type at the same time. Could this just be a restriction of the CURRENT version of the Spark software. Could the 8820 record on one while watching the other ?

Or can you maybe use both aerials if I loaded the Enigma 2 firmware ?

Many thanks

I am really annoyed that on Spark, you cannot record one channel on one aerial type while watching another channel on the other aerial type at the same time. Could this just be a restriction of the CURRENT version of the Spark software. Could the 8820 record on one while watching the other ?

Or can you maybe use both aerials if I loaded the Enigma 2 firmware ?

Many thanks

No, 8820 wouldn't do this either, it's why i got this Alien 2. Seems it's early days for this hardware, better firmwares will come and hopefully decent enigma images. Much like my phone, I bought it for the hardware, I'll flash and customise it to meet my needs once the community support catches up.

Seen your posts on sparkfans btw, not a very helpful community.

This box has the "capability" to knock spots off a Dreambox. We live in hope

yes, this box has great potential but software and lack of support is holding it back, most of the enigma2 images i have flashed have been very bug riddled, mostly botched openpli images, maybe it needs just a bit more time to get a decent enigma and spark image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Domalley

I have this box, find it ok but the stupid youtube player stoped working anyone know how to fix?
    i did try a software upgrade. It can be a pain in the ass

Domalley wrote: »
    I have this box, find it ok but the stupid youtube player stoped working anyone know how to fix?
    i did try a software upgrade. It can be a pain in the ass

Seen posts about this on Facebook, Google made changes, the next firmware will fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Anyone got a channel list made up yet, I'm going at mine tomorrow? Ta.

big mce wrote: »
    Anyone got a channel list made up yet, I'm going at mine tomorrow? Ta.

Pm me your email

Anyone figure out how to get the subtitles to stop automatically turning on?

And anyone having trouble with the HD channels not having sound?

Other than that it seems pretty good.

Anyone figure out how to get the subtitles to stop automatically turning on?

Press the yellow TXT button on remote, scroll down to subtitle and turn it off.
    And anyone having trouble with the HD channels not having sound?

No problems here, but I'm using optical out to a separate system which does Dolby Digital. There is a setting in menu-->A/V Output called Dolby Digital HDMI, try changing it.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Press the yellow TXT button on remote, scroll down to subtitle and turn it off.

No problems here, but I'm using optical out to a separate system which does Dolby Digital. There is a setting in menu-->A/V Output called Dolby Digital HDMI, try changing it.
    Re the text,Thanks Pog, I found that already, however everytime I change channel they come back on!
    The HDMI audio I had also tried but it makes no difference?

There was somewhere in the settings to turn off subtitles which then does it for all channels but could I find it this morning ????? It's in there somewhere because it seems to be a factory setting to being On and so I turned it off

• Registered Users Posts: 23 123skb

I have put up the channel list created by steveon up on sky-drive for anyone to download https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DABA7D7F81AAE3E!429&authkey=!AF97G_6BEA0e9Ik
    Many thanks to steveon for all the time he put into this, I have only uploaded it (with his concent), all thanks and credit goes to steveon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 frank149

Hi,

First of all my first post.

I have quick Question on Amiko alien 2.Just got one of these .
    Only had time last night for Quick Set up.
    Question is How do i switch between Terristial and Satellite once all tuned in.Is there a button on the remote.User guide is not the Best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement