Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

pedatron wrote: »
    Did anyone get their draft grade? I didn't!

Nope, I only got graded from one draft of the three I did. Not very consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,229 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hoki wrote: »
    Nope, I only got graded from one draft of the three I did. Not very consistent.

I got grades for the drafts I did earlier in the year but it seems they seem to have performance issues around the final weekend of preseason. It was the same last year - drafted the Sunday before the season started and never received a recap mail. But don't worry, the draft grades stuff is pure nonsense, focussing on all the wrong things. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Those bozos in the league office don't have a clue.

Draft grade of C.....predicted record of 3-9? Pfffft.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Think it’s all messed up. Why I clicked into the full draft recap it’s giving me the grade for team Snowflake.

On my own team I got a grade B+ & projected to go 4-10

It's definitely messed up if I got a C.

• Advertisement

Yea its weird, if you click into the recap using a mobile - it gives you the recap for someone else's team. I just did it there from desktop and it shows mine.
    Draft Grade: A+, Projected Record: 12-1, Projected Finish: 1st.
    No pressure then :o I look forward to this forecast going up in flames!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

There needs to be a new word for waking up on a Monday and seeing a player on your bench with 20pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Fitzmagic to DeSean Jackson did me in.

keano_afc wrote: »
    There needs to be a new word for waking up on a Monday and seeing a player on your bench with 20pts.

"Deep crippling regret"

Well that's three words, but hey...

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭padmcv

What a week to face Mahomes....my team had a stinker anyway so he wasn't the decider...I imagine you're happy with that pick @LuckyLloyd

• Advertisement

padmcv wrote: »
    What a week to face Mahomes....my team had a stinker anyway so he wasn't the decider...I imagine you're happy with that pick @LuckyLloyd

“Happy” is an understatement! Just wish I had more shares in him across my fantasy teams!

You had one of those weeks aye, when Gronk puts up 15 yards you know it’ll be a long one. Plenty of weeks to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

I've benched him the first two weeks in another league. I thought the first weeks numbers were a once off....I was wrong!

Drastic times call for drastic measures. My 0-2 start has forced me to go where no man has gone before - I have added the Browns defense. May God have mercy on my fantasy team :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Good call ^^^

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Good call ^^^

Wasn't looking that way with about 90 seconds left in the 4th quarter! 2 interceptions and a sack in the last few plays boosted the score nicely. Happy to finish with the 9 points there.

What was I thinking trading away Kupp?? 0-3 starts do lead to desperation obviously

Think the trade waiting period and veto could be done away with. You should be able to trade players and use them right away imo.

In terms of the trade itself, definitely think it was a bit lopsided, but people need to be allowed reach their own personal value on their players.

It wasn't a straight forward trade for me. I really like Keelan Cole and Freeman has that goal line threat. On the other hand Fournette seems a bit injury prone but has a good upside . Kupp's performance the last night came at the right time for you! He mightn't score that highly again this season.

Way too lopsided for me. I considered vetoing it.

D9Male wrote: »
    Way too lopsided for me. I considered vetoing it.

Why? It's not as if the trade was for 2 duds. Cole and Freeman are both starters with multiple touchdowns already this season. If Kupp didn't have the game he had on Thursday night I doubt this would even be a talking point. I agree with Lloyd on this one in that it should be up to whoever owns the players to decide on their worth. Unless it obviously impacts the integrity of the game then I'd never object to a trade between two consenting parties.

• Advertisement

Quests who traded Trubiskey for Baker during the week.

Only 2 trades done since the start!! Very surprised! I’m trying to get Bell off the lad here who has him, but no joy so far :)

Well I offered Lamar Miller and Amari Cooper for Bell last night, and that was rejected. If your offer is superior to that, fair play. But it seems to me the minimum is immediate help at both main positions. I think context is important. A 1 - 3 / 0 - 4 team should be trying to parlay confirmed news on Bell into help. Holding onto him makes no sense as they season will be over by the time he gets up to speed (week 9 realistically).

I'm in full rebuild mode after starting 0-3 so will consider any trade offers...the Snowflakes are living up to their name so far...can't keep everyone on the field 😣

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well I offered Lamar Miller and Amari Cooper for Bell last night, and that was rejected. If your offer is superior to that, fair play. But it seems to me the minimum is immediate help at both main positions. I think context is important. A 1 - 3 / 0 - 4 team should be trying to parlay confirmed news on Bell into help. Holding onto him makes no sense as they season will be over by the time he gets up to speed (week 9 realistically).

I’ve tried a few times for him, forget what I offered in most but last night I offered Prescott & Thielen. I offered Blount & Ertz too but was shot down in both.

I'm in full rebuild mode after starting 0-3 so will consider any trade offers...the Snowflakes are living up to their name so far...can't keep everyone on the field 😣

Who was your first pick?

gstack166 wrote: »
    I’ve tried a few times for him, forget what I offered in most but last night I offered Prescott & Thielen. I offered Blount & Ertz too but was shot down in both.

Prescott is kinda valueless as he has Cousins so that's not really helpful. He could use Thielen though, so that's a reasonable offer.

Again Blount is pretty valueless, but Ertz is an asset. In that case though he might be banking on playing the wire options until Olsen is healthy.

Thielen straight up is a pretty strong offer though, so if he's rejecting that he must be intent on hanging onto Bell no matter what.

I'm in full rebuild mode after starting 0-3 so will consider any trade offers...the Snowflakes are living up to their name so far...can't keep everyone on the field ��

Fournette doing what he has as your first pick in a 16 team league is a disaster. I can't see anything mutually beneficial we might do unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

I was very close to accepting the trade i got offered earlier this week:

Hunt & Ridley for Thielen & Barkley.

A bit of upside on Both sides in my opinion. Ridley has the potential to score major points every week with the high scoring falcons offense. But ever other person in that trade are strong FF players. Ridley is looking like my pick of the draft (think he was my 9th pick?!) and I'm not sure if i want someone else having him.

Only reason I didn't take it was that I'm somehow 4-0 starting the season and the change might unsettle things!

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Fournette doing what he has as your first pick in a 16 team league is a disaster. I can't see anything mutually beneficial we might do unfortunately.

He's offloaded that disaster to me, I think that trade has evened itself out considerably now!!

Advertisement