Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Lost by 0.1 :(

0-5 for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

0-5 for the year.

I lost by 0.02 last week in another league. I wanted to fcuk the laptop out my window! I feel your pain!

pedatron wrote: »
    I lost by 0.02 last week in another league. I wanted to fcuk the laptop out my window! I feel your pain!

Tbh my season is done anyway so it could be worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,233 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

0-5 for the year.

When your luck is out, it’s out!

Keep going though - you’ll see it all in fantasy including 0 - 5 teams turn it around if a couple of their players get hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Still revelling in my first win of the season. 16th pick is a tough beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I drafted Nick Chubb and he did nothing much which was to be expected as he was third stringer week one but I stuck with him

Cut him this week to get myself a QB before Philip Rivers bye week and he becomes starter :(

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I drafted Nick Chubb and he did nothing much which was to be expected as he was third stringer week one but I stuck with him

Cut him this week to get myself a QB before Philip Rivers bye week and he becomes starter :(

Fantasy, it breaks ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Thank God I checked this morning and saw Melvin Gordon is inactive. Ekeler, you're in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Carlos Hyde going to the Jags has killed me. I now have 3 RBs from the Jags.... Bad season getting worse!

Which one of ye is Tralee Tigers? Jaysus we're having a hum dinger this week. You need a big night from Saquon but whichever of us loses is going to feel very hard done by!

• Advertisement

I won a game! :D

Needed that late Michael Thomas TD to get over the line last night. Hard luck to Freak Party who made some solid adds to get over a tough bye week and put up over 100 points.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Needed that late Michael Thomas TD to get over the line last night. Hard luck to Freak Party who made some solid adds to get over a tough bye week and put up over 100 points.

Well done Lloyd, that late 70 yard Thomas touchdown was a sickener!! Two weeks in a row being beaten having put up over 100 points is brutal. Write off season but I'll keep going...

Over 100pts for the first time this season :-)

keano_afc wrote: »
    Over 100pts for the first time this season :-)

Second win in succession for you too! Your team actually looks really good moving forward with Jones now firing and Cook probably back to meeting expectations from next week. Nice pickups of Ross, Vikings and Greg the Leg over the past few weeks too. Well played!

Time for me to b!tch and moan.

I have scored more than anyone in the league, averaging over 100 points per game and I am out of the playoffs as things stand!

I need a couple of wins to round off the season.

White Star Rovers 7-4 1201 points.....behind Larry Fitzs Junior Team on 7-4 924 points.

Massively frustrating when that happens. In another league I’m highest scoring team in the league with a 4 - 7 record! But we could be on course for multiple winning records to lose out on the playoffs here.

D9Male wrote: »

I have scored more than anyone in the league, averaging over 100 points per game and I am out of the playoffs as things stand!

White Star Rovers 7-4 1201 points.....behind Larry Fitzs Junior Team on 7-4 924 points.

Its a very frustrating game - ive been averaging 94pts a game but conceding 100pts. I'm dead last with 2 wins all season..... and lost by 0.02 points last night when a win looked almost certain when I went to bed!! This season is an absolute disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Hoki wrote: »
    and lost by 0.02 points last night when a win looked almost certain when I went to bed!! This season is an absolute disaster.

That was me

My TE for the Rams got a TD with 1:53 left in the 4th quarter. I was nervous watching the end of MNF as any completion to your two players would have won it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

It's a cruel game lads! I've had a few horrible losses in a few leagues! Feels like it's way more common this year that guys with decent point totals aren't winning the games they should be!

• Advertisement

mikemac2 wrote: »
    That was me

My TE for the Rams got a TD with 1:53 left in the 4th quarter. I was nervous watching the end of MNF as any completion to your two players would have won it for you

Well done, can't fault the win, always nice coming out the right side of a close match like that!

Looks like I've wrapped up a playoff bye and promotion. I think in these 16 team leagues the draft is particularly crucial - having a good draft and running well with injuries. To that end, of my first ten picks:

Hopkins
    Thomas
    Miller
    Cooper
    Burkhead
    Crowell
    Mack
    Powell
    Sutton
    Mahomes

only Burkhead and Powell are not currently on my roster - and players ultimately going on IR are easy to deal with rather than players with lingering injuries or absence of form. I won out with lottery picks like Mahomes and Sutton and got workable production from the running backs I selected.

All in all I have nothing to complain about - a season that has gone to plan without any unlucky reverses. I have a shot at moving up as the highest scoring team at the end of this week's fixtures, which would be nice as I reckon it's the best measure over the course of the season.

Going to be very interesting tonight and next weekend: playoff spots going to the wire. We're going to end up with two or possibly three winning teams missing out on the playoffs which is going to be a bad deal for those involved. Being down the waiver order each week has certainly underlined the competitiveness throughout the league - very few if any prime cuts making it past the top half of the priority list each week over the year.

Yeah, I have had similar luck, moving to 8-4 after this week and I should be a provisional 5th seed.

Basically, Melvin Gordon has been a monster. Kerryon J and Tyreek Hill (acquired in a trade) have been excellent too, and all three have masked my poor QB play from Matt Stafford.

I made a balls of my team this week, drafting a kicker and a QB and forgetting to play (or drop) them on Thanksgiving. So I was left with less than 10 points in those positions, but luckily my opponent had a nightmare so I edged a low quality game.

I like the format of this league, albeit I have been lucky with injuries both years.

I was 16th in the draft and my first 2 picks were Freeman and Cook, so I was struggling from the start. The trade for A. Jones and Lockett saved my season. I've gone from 2-6 to 6-6 and all players are delivering. A sneaky playoff place would be brilliant.

keano_afc wrote: »
    I was 16th in the draft and my first 2 picks were Freeman and Cook, so I was struggling from the start. The trade for A. Jones and Lockett saved my season. I've gone from 2-6 to 6-6 and all players are delivering. A sneaky playoff place would be brilliant.

Lovely when a trade like that pays off! You've got a huge amount of momentum behind you anyway if you do sneak in

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭padmcv

I took Fournette, Gronk and Ajayi with my first 3 picks and Garoppolo in the 8th Round so got seriously screwed by injuries...first time playing 16 team league. Hitting on the draft is crucial as it is so hard to find a replacement on the waiver wire

I cut Peyton Barber weeks ago. Once again I overreacted to one or two poor weeks and end up regretting it.

padmcv wrote: »
    I took Fournette, Gronk and Ajayi with my first 3 picks and Garoppolo in the 8th Round so got seriously screwed by injuries...first time playing 16 team league. Hitting on the draft is crucial as it is so hard to find a replacement on the waiver wire

That's awful luck really. All three picks were universally recognised as good value where you got them at the time. Yesterday was a great demonstration of the talent Fournette and Gronk have, but they've ruined fantasy seasons all over the place.

D9Male wrote: »

You made it! :)

Also pipped me by around a point for highest scoring team on the season. Kudos.

Very complex elsewhere to work out who is getting across the line at the expense of who else...

• Advertisement

So we ended up with three winning teams not making the playoffs. Larry Fitz Junior B, at 8 - 5, probably will feel most aggrieved but their PF was 13th overall and they'd lost both matchups with Tralee Tigers so probably a fair outcome given the tie in that division.

Best of luck to everyone playing off the next couple of weeks!

Advertisement