Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

Very competitive all the way through. Very enjoyable. I dropped from 2nd to 5th seed in the last week which just shows how close it all was.

My downfall this year has unfortunately been running backs. Have no difference makers at this stage. (first Lynch going on ir and then hunt doing what he did...) it seems fitting that I was offered a trade in week 4 for Barkley and thielen that I didn’t take and it looks like that’s who will probably knock me out this week! Good luck to everyone in the playoffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My team Larry Fitz’s Junior B missed the playoffs at 8-5 but tbh fair nuff as I was bottom 5 in the league for scoring

Just managed to win a lot of matchups, one of them by 0.02 :pac:

Gonna win this consolation round :cool: and if a few in Division 5 drop out next year maybe I’ll get promotion

My biggest regret all year was drafting 3rd stringer Nick Chubb, patiently stashing on the bench and then cut cutting him one week before he was made starter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I really limped to victory the last two weeks. Losing Gordon and OJ Howard to injury makes me realise how lucky I have been with injury.

Mildly disappointed not to get a bye, but hopefully I will be okay this week.

It was a very competitive league and very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I thought all was lost at 2-6, but absolutely delighted to finish with a winning record. Slightly disappointed not to make the playoffs, but happy with how my team has done considering how beat up it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

4-9 record for the season - abysmal really. Made worse by the fact I actually scored well averaging 96.13 ppg. I also averaged 96.85 ppg against me which sucked! James Conner in the 12th round of the draft was a beast all season. Still alive in my two other leagues which will keep me interested for another couple of weeks. Good luck to everyone who made the playoffs/consolation , see you next season!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

I’m in for a humdinger with Chicken Dinner! If I win it’ll be thanks to that tank Barkley.

gstack166 wrote: »
    I’m in for a humdinger with Chicken Dinner! If I win it’ll be thanks to that tank Barkley.

Quite the game alright. This weeks pickup of the giants might be my saving grace. It all comes down to thielen tonight. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yeah the second slate of games were quite unkind to Tralee Tigers. Big game from Thielen required.

I'm watching this with interest - see one of ye next week! :)

I had a great week. 10pt + contributions from all angles, meaning I have survived injuries to Melvin Gordon and Kerryon Johnson.

Unless Diggs goes nuts tonight, I should be golden.

Seriously banged up going into the semi final. Ekeler, Gordon, Hill and Johnson are all struggling, with the first three slated for TNF so not much time to recover.

I am not complaining though, as I have been very lucky all year.

Well last night didn’t go great. Mahomes didn’t score big and facing Damien Williams a real pain. Need a high scoring game in the Meadowlands tomorrow!

• Advertisement

I am in a perilous spot. Ekeler, Melvin Gordon and Kerryon J all injured. Tyreek Hill was quiet.

I am relying on two scat backs....

So I need 17.9 points from Michael Thomas and Will Lutz against Carolina tonight, to make the final.

Thus far this year, they have exceeded 17.9 points 9 of their first 10 games, but none of their last three. :o I'll be hoping for a return to better form from both...

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So I need 17.9 points from Michael Thomas and Will Lutz against Carolina tonight, to make the final.

Thus far this year, they have exceeded 17.9 points 9 of their first 10 games, but none of their last three. :o I'll be hoping for a return to better form from both...

It’s quite the nail biter alright. My two backup of backup rbs really trying to drag me through. I think I may have shot myself in the foot with my qb choice. First time I’ve picked Big Ben all season over Matt ryan. Since the falcons basically have nothing to play for I thought i was making the right call but turned out all wrong unfortunately.

Either way, best of luck tonight. I’ll be expecting a high scoring game between the saints and panthers. Can only hope Thomas doesn’t get too much love and it’s tds all game rather then field
    Goals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Shuukaido

Depending on Jared Cook tonight, I may lose the Championship because of benching the Ravens for the freaking Browns.

Let that be a lesson...

Shuukaido wrote: »
    Depending on Jared Cook tonight, I may lose the Championship because of benching the Ravens for the freaking Browns.

Let that be a lesson...

In my mind packers were somehow a good choice for defence. Don’t know what I was thinking!

Good luck though. It’s been a great year. I’m still shocked to have got this far with the team I have!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Shuukaido

Wormy001 wrote: »
    In my mind packers were somehow a good choice for defence. Don’t know what I was thinking!

Good luck though. It’s been a great year. I’m still shocked to have got this far with the team I have!

Thankfully managed to hold onto that lead. Congrats for reaching the finals and Merry Christmas. Hopefully see you next year in Division 5 :)

Well done to the finalists. Waiver wire shrewdness pays off.

Teams 1-12 decided by the playoffs and Teams 13-16 on their final standings. I guess next summer someone will use the list

Congrats to the champ and thanks to our commish for organising :)

I finished 8th which should be enough to escape relagation. There are a few here from 2017 Division 8 so might be seeing ye for a third year

Breesit
    ChickenDinner
    LuckyLloyd
    White Star Rovers
    Tralee Tigers
    Sherpa Lovers
    Ram Reid
    Larry Fitz Junior B
    The Big Gronkowski
    Candlestick MyFoot Up Your Ass
    The Enigmas
    Flacc & Cheese
    Freak Party
    Bears for Sam
    Tipperary Titans
    Snowflakes

Top four go up right?

Oh and thanks again to the commish for organising.

And well done to the finalists for great seasons both.

• Advertisement

Top four guaranteed to go up

Depending on dropouts a few more may go up too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi, Please post in the below thread if you are playing this year:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057992879

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭BarryC21

Are we reviving this thread for D6?
    Thanks to m4gu1r3 for taking up the commish role!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Div 6 is where the real competition is at. Roll on draft day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I see there are still 5 places left open in our league. Any word from these people commissioner? Less than 3 weeks until the first game of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Looking forward to another fun season... bring it on

Looks like everybody has their team registered! We have a league!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 m4gu1r3

Apologies, I've been neglecting this thread.

League is full now.

Here is the poll for the draft date.

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5d51d287e4b02fae1ddb2413

I'll put up another for draft time, from my experience 10 or 11 in the evening works best.

m4gu1r3 wrote: »
    Apologies, I've been neglecting this thread.

League is full now.

Here is the poll for the draft date.

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5d51d287e4b02fae1ddb2413

I'll put up another for draft time, from my experience 10 or 11 in the evening works best.

Fair play Niall!

If there's anybody on the fence that can draft on a number of those dates, if you could see it in your heart to vote for Monday the 2nd, it would be much appreciated as it's the only date I can draft! I know others are gonna be in the same boat for other days but I'm just throwing it out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Voted there!

Advertisement