Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia wants to cull great whites

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Japanese kill enough whales for all of us put together they kill mako sharks too,but sharks in international waters are protected so as their stocks grow fish stocks dwindle..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Penguins eat our fish too. We should kill them. And seals. And fat people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Christmas 2012, has all 2000+ of your posts since May been equally as full of sh1te? Put the computer down. Go out. Have a walk. Then pick up the Encyclopedia Britannica and don't post again until you have read it.

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

No never looked at Jaws much the thought of a shark is enough to scare the hell outta me,i agree we shouldnt go near the waters where there are sharks much,i heard of an irish guy who died paddling out in a shark infested lake whilst drunk,so ya i think its daft,but if sharks numbers are not controlled and they eat lots of fish and seals and other stock such as octopus and that,we should cull them bc of that i think..

No, no you didn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Japanese kill enough whales for all of us put together they kill mako sharks too,but sharks in international waters are protected so as their stocks grow fish stocks dwindle..

So now we should kill the japanese?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I googled "dwindling fish stocks due to sharks" for the craic, the third link that came up was christmas2012's post. That should tell us all we need to know.

Don't particularly agree with the culling and I don't think many surfers would, having said that I seriously doubt its going to happen anyway. Decent article here if anyone's bothered: http://www.coastalwatch.com/news/article.aspx?articleId=9660
    Ficheall wrote: »
    Penguins eat our fish too. We should kill them. And seals. And fat people.

Careful, people have tried to cull seals before for that very reason, even though the only thing we can link to dwindling fish stocks is * shock horror* industrial scale fishing :-o

i posted on what their diet is,you do the math,none of them are being culled,ie population control,and their diet consists mainly of fish..add two and two

You can look up dwindling fish stocks and sharks on google or yahoo if you want..

Or (here's a mad idea) you could back up your claims that they are pests eating our fish? How about it?

old hippy wrote: »
    No, no you didn't

Yes i DID hear of an irish guy who died paddling out to a shark infested lake in austrailai the headline read,irish guy missing in lake,last time he was seen paddling out drunk in a shark infested lake..And the headline went like ''Irish guy missing hell need the luck of the irish''..

al28283 wrote: »

I hope not. My wife may have something to say about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Abdul Abulbul Amir

krudler wrote: »
    what about plankton? kill the whales!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgxsweXCEx1qhqbk8o1_400.jpg

• Advertisement

Yes i DID hear of an irish guy who died paddling out to a shark infested lake in austrailai the headline read,irish guy missing in lake,last time he was seen paddling out drunk in a shark infested lake..And the headline went like ''Irish guy missing hell need the luck of the irish''..

Link it then. Back up your claims.

al28283 wrote: »

why would we do that there are too few japanese to begin with they are a very rare peoples..they too should be put on an endangered list..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 flipflops

No never looked at Jaws much the thought of a shark is enough to scare the hell outta me,i agree we shouldnt go near the waters where there are sharks much,i heard of an irish guy who died paddling out in a shark infested lake whilst drunk,so ya i think its daft,but if sharks numbers are not controlled and they eat lots of fish and seals and other stock such as octopus and that,we should cull them bc of that i think..
    i believe that was a croc infested lake.
    also wasnt there a study done on how killing all the apex sharks in an area caused problems for fish stocks as they kill lots of smaller sharks that would normally eat the fish

http://www.coml.org/discoveries/trends/shark_decline_effects

Link it then. Back up your claims.

nope,im off to eat some tuna lunch after a long day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

flipflops wrote: »
    i believe that was a croc infested lake.
    also wasnt there a study done on how killing all the apex sharks in an area caused problems for fish stocks as they kill lots of smaller sharks that would normally eat the fish

Fine first post, but far too logical and sensible.
    Good effort, well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

nope,im off to eat some tuna lunch after a long day :pac:

back under your bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wish we could feed trolls to sharks.

wish i could feed you to a shark or would that be cannibalism? :pac: btw im no troll i need pink hair and to be on hear hours everyday with a beer problem or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

They better leave Alf alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The more surfers they bite the better.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bambi wrote: »
    The more surfers they bite the better.

most un-tubular brah :(

why would we do that there are too few japanese to begin with they are a very rare peoples..they too should be put on an endangered list..

Do you actually stop and think for a moment before you post your contributions?

wish i could feed you to a shark or would that be cannibalism? :pac: btw im no troll i need pink hair and to be on hear hours everyday with a beer problem or something

An occasional fact or non-fabricated post would be agreeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Do you actually stop and think for a moment before you post your contributions?

Fcuk no... if she did that, the moment would be ruined.

instead of launching in on an attack with that old hippy how about you keep it about the post and not the poster?:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

i posted on what their diet is,you do the math,none of them are being culled,ie population control,and their diet consists mainly of fish..add two and two

You can look up dwindling fish stocks and sharks on google or yahoo if you want..
    mod

You constantly do this and it is getting annoying and, frankly, boring - if you are making claims and are asked for links to back up those claims, don't tell people to look things up on Google or Yahoo. It's trollish and pisses people off.

If you keep doing it, bans will be handed out.

/mod

instead of launching in on an attack with that old hippy how about you keep it about the post and not the poster?:pac: :pac:

No attacks, simply would like to see you back up your claims, rather than tell other people to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    most un-tubular brah :(

you wanna throw down brahdude? It's their domain dude, you should show respect brah

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭rKossi

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Great whites are fantastic creatures. I've studied them for years in my spare time.

It's long since proven that most attacks by them are accidental. From below, surfers look like penguins with their arms outstretched on the board, hence the attacks. I don't know how I feel about them being culled.

penguins in Australia :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Gotta love the word "cull". It's a nice way of saying "kill a load of inconvenient..". I always get a bit wary when I hear the "cull" word, usually there's a vested interest that's gonna crap down on some dumb animal. In this case it's probably the Tourist Board, can't have the local wildlife eating the nice tourists now, can we? With seals, it's usually fishermen, can't have the wildlife eating our profits now can we. In the Phoenix park, with the Deer, it's probably, jasus, I don't exactly know, maybe yer man "FINTAAN!", so his dog won't run off on him on youtube again, deerbothering. There's always some money hungry cnut behind a cull tho, it goes with the territory. You rarely get nice, decent people pressing for a cull of anything, I know I'm not lying awake thinking of what species I could declare a quota on, at nights, anyways.

Advertisement