Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia wants to cull great whites

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

can you look up google can you do that do you think?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

can you look up google can you do that do you think?

Can you back up your claims that they are pests eating our fish, do you think?

The burden of proof is on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Abdul Abulbul Amir

old hippy wrote: »

Are you questioning whether sharks eat fish or whether they're our fish? Because I'm pretty sure that sharks eat fish. That's pretty much what sharks are for.

Are you questioning whether sharks eat fish or whether they're our fish? Because I'm pretty sure that sharks eat fish. That's pretty much what sharks are for.

Cheers, Abdul but I'm waiting for him to back up his claims as referenced previously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Culling the great white shark, poor Greg Norman doesn't deserve that.

• Advertisement

Look up shark diet on google or shark dwindling fish stocks on google and you will find loads of things.As most of us know sharks are on top of the aquatic food chain and eat everything from fish to octopus to tuna and the odd seal,if you want to look it up by all means do if you dont thats down to you..

Heres something on sharks diet.. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/sharks/anatomy/Diet.shtml

Look up shark diet on google or shark dwindling fish stocks on google and you will find loads of things.As most of us know sharks are on top of the aquatic food chain and eat everything from fish to octopus to tuna and the odd seal,if you want to look it up by all means do if you dont thats down to you..

I see. So as usual, you cannot back up your claims.

Ho hum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Sure Bull Sharks are worse for human attacks. So why isn't there any ideas put forward to cull Bull Sharks. At the end of the day, I believe what the Dr said in the article. That humans are venturing offshore into their feeding ground. I mean if a human ventures into the jungle, which is a feeding ground for many animals. Who's fault is it? the animal that regularly hunts there, or the stupid person who went into the jungle?

Exactly. You don't see me wanderin round finglas after sundown.

Heres something on sharks diet.. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/sharks/anatomy/Diet.shtml

...which is not backing for your claim that they're a serious drain on fishstocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Nodin wrote: »
    ...which is not backing for your claim that they're a serious drain on fishstocks.

And nor is it backing up your bizarre claim that the sun has shone somewhere in Dublin too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭twinytwo

As usual we just kill everything around us, great whites and sharks in general were around long before humans.

You go into the ocean, that is know to contain sharks... get attacked.. buts its ok the answer to the problem is ...... lets kill everyone we find.

mattjack wrote: »
    And nor is it backing up your bizarre claim that the sun has shone somewhere in Dublin too...

It was a metaphor thing.....'Wanderin mulhuddart in a skirt' sounds transphobic these days.

twinytwo wrote: »
    As usual we just kill everything around us, great whites and sharks in general were around long before humans.

You go into the ocean, that is know to contain sharks... get attacked.. buts its ok the answer to the problem is ...... lets kill everyone we find.

Also Austrailia has only been around about 200 hundred years too...

Nodin wrote: »
    It was a metaphor thing.....'Wanderin mulhuddart in a skirt' sounds transphobic these days.

I like the 'cut of yer jib' young fella...

Look up shark diet on google or shark dwindling fish stocks on google and you will find loads of things.

Heres something on sharks diet.. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/sub...omy/Diet.shtml
    i posted on what their diet is,you do the math,none of them are being culled,ie population control,and their diet consists mainly of fish..add two and two

You can look up dwindling fish stocks and sharks on google or yahoo if you want..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Knex. wrote: »
    Did the Sharks write letters of apologies or what?

They did write letters but no one believed them. It was a great white lie that they were sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

i posted on what their diet is,you do the math,none of them are being culled,ie population control,and their diet consists mainly of fish..add two and two

You can look up dwindling fish stocks and sharks on google or yahoo if you want..

So, do sharks eat fish that we want to eat or just the manky ones? I'm ok with the manky ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Japan do enough culling of dolphins which i think is wrong not only because stocks are declining,i think there are FAR too many great whites anyway arent they eating all our fish fuckers,there a big vicous pest,too,i think if australia wants to cull them let them!Its about time too..

that just broke the scale on my retarded post meter. gold star for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Shame really. Beautiful animals. Has more than likely been eluded to before now, but have many of these Great White attacks happened on land?

If only there was some way to avoid them . . . .

that just broke the scale on my retarded post meter. gold star for you.

whatever krudler,eat or be eaten :pac: would you like a great white hurdling towards you at practically the speed of fucking light..All because one day you decided all the sharks should live!:pac:,and that comes to bite a chunk outtya ass and finish you off..:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Japan do enough culling of dolphins which i think is wrong not only because stocks are declining,i think there are FAR too many great whites anyway arent they eating all our fish fuckers,there a big vicous pest,too,i think if australia wants to cull them let them!Its about time too..

lik dis if u cry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Sure look at shark attacks with swimmers and divers
    The attacks mostly happen at places that have warnings for sharks attacks
    Surfer- oh look at them waves ah fcuk that shark sign I'm going in
    (10 mins later)
    Ah my fcukin leg bastard shark!!!!
    Shark- nom nom nom nom

whatever krudler,eat or be eaten :pac: would you like a great white hurdling towards you at practically the speed of fucking light..All because one day you decided all the sharks should live!:pac:,and that comes to bite a chunk outtya ass and finish you off..:pac:

I'm not stupid enough to go surfing in great white territory, its their ocean not ours, swim and surf somewhere else if you don't want the risk of being attacked. most great white attacks are inquistory bites because they think surfers are seals.

you do know Jaws wasn't a documentary don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

great white hurdling

Sharks are great hurlers alright.

I'm not stupid enough to go surfing in great white territory, its their ocean not ours, swim and surf somewhere else if you don't want the risk of being attacked. most great white attacks are inquistory bites because they think surfers are seals.

No never looked at Jaws much the thought of a shark is enough to scare the hell outta me,i agree we shouldnt go near the waters where there are sharks much,i heard of an irish guy who died paddling out in a shark infested lake whilst drunk,so ya i think its daft,but if sharks numbers are not controlled and they eat lots of fish and seals and other stock such as octopus and that,we should cull them bc of that i think..

krudler wrote: »

Aw Krudler, whatya go and post that for ?

No never looked at Jaws much the thought of a shark is enough to scare the hell outta me,i agree we shouldnt go near the waters where there are sharks much,i heard of an irish guy who died paddling out in a shark infested lake whilst drunk,so ya i think its daft,but if sharks numbers are not controlled and they eat lots of fish and seals and other stock such as octopus and that,we should cull them bc of that i think..

More comedy gold :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

That makes no sense whatsoever, all animals eat something. It's called the food chain. We should cull sharks because they eat fish? What about fish that eat other fish? What about dolphins, or seals? They eat fish too.

So you know fcuk all about what you're talking about, thanks for clearing that much up at least.

• Advertisement

al28283 wrote: »
    That makes no sense whatsoever, all animals eat something. It's called the food chain. We should cull sharks because they eat fish? What about fish that eat other fish? What about dolphins, or seals? They eat fish too.

what about plankton? kill the whales!

Advertisement