Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

My leader used to tell a story about a woman who would skip during the breaks on tv, could you do something like that while it's dark? Jumping jacks or marching up and down the hall? It's cheap and safe!

I'm back up of course :/ I wanted goal by Halloween now I'm aiming for my birthday so 3 weeks. Let's see how I do. It's only 5lbs but I've been trying to lose 5-6 pounds since January so. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

YouTube has loads of workouts you can do for free. I'm back again, started a new job this summer and the weight has just crept up to scary proportions. First weigh in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mamie73

Hey guys first week down...had weigh in this morning...3.5lbs down. V happy considering the weekend I had. Anyway...lets hope I have another decent loss next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Nothing to declare for me this week, I didn't get to class.
    Well done everyone. :) Here's to next week!

On the subject of exercise, yes, I found good stuff before, just simple walking workouts, on youtube. Walking is my main exercise, and it is that little bit more difficult to get out, at this time of year.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Joolsie

Skipping and a hola hoop were suggested at class Tuesday evening so going to go buy both, they won't break the bank either and sure I'll be sorted for a party piece too at Christmas if I manage to master the hola hooping!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

-0.6lbs this week. Still a loss, but a bit on the low side for my liking! It was a crazy busy week in work which meant tons of work lunches and snacks. Will do better next week for sure, because on Saturday week I'm off to Cancun for five days! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi all, looks like some great losses on here well done.. I stayed the same last week had a lot on but not to worry its still not a gain.. stayed in this weekend I think I needed to have a look at myself if I want to get this 6ibs that I have left to get to goal so hopefully Wednesday will see a loss of some sort.. good luck for the coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Off to get weighed soon. Haven't been for about a month due to sickness and not being able to go due to work. Lost some weight being unwell but unfortunately I got a bit cocky then and ate everything this week so I'm expecting to see a gain. Been good all day though and back into my routine now so should see a decent loss for Christmas. I'm aiming for a stone and that should see me at my happy weight :) good luck this week y'all!

Hey everyone, hope all is well and ye had a good Halloween :)

1 pound off this week for me and 1/2 pound last week, so have lost 25% of starting body weight :) edging closer to next target of 3 and a 1/2 stone would love to hit 4 stone by Christmas... one can only hope ;)

Have a good week everyone :)

Also can anyone name/recommended the lowest PP per 100g frozen chips they've stumbled upon? There is so many brands and own brands so it's hard to point them all :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Started Monday morning. Down 1lb. Only another 27 to go :(

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Well done Luminious that's great. Well I'm very happy today had weigh in last night and I was down 2 1/2 so that's my stone off and I have 3 1/2 pounds left to get to my goal.. and all going well I may even get below it for Christmas. Cant say how pleased I am to have went back to weight watchers its the best thing I've done this year or in years in fact and the reason been its for me no one else just me no one can help you so no one can take the praise for you either its all about self belief I gave myself a pat on the back this morning.

Good luck everyone imagine that little black dress for Christmas god knows I am...

barneylou wrote: »
    Hi all,

Well done Luminious that's great. Well I'm very happy today had weigh in last night and I was down 2 1/2 so that's my stone off and I have 3 1/2 pounds left to get to my goal.. and all going well I may even get below it for Christmas. Cant say how pleased I am to have went back to weight watchers its the best thing I've done this year or in years in fact and the reason been its for me no one else just me no one can help you so no one can take the praise for you either its all about self belief I gave myself a pat on the back this morning.

Good luck everyone imagine that little black dress for Christmas god knows I am...

Thanks a mil barneylou :) and well done to you too great work :D

Frustration. Weeklies gone and then the other half decided he wanted a take away and I had no other food in so caved and had a korma. Lettuce til weigh in day! I doubt I'll be able to get about 30 activity points before Tuesday :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

-0.4lbs down this morning. On the plus side, I've lost an even stone! On the downside... kind of frustrated with that small loss. I knew I could have done better last week (lost 0.6lbs) so this week I tracked every single bite/sip that went into my mouth. The result... an even smaller loss :confused: maybe I shouldn't be eating as much of my weeklies as I am? I've been hitting 1.2lbs consistently most weeks so only losing 1lb across a fortnight is a bit of a kick in the teeth. REALLY hoping this isn't the start of a horrible plateau.

Anyway I'm off on me holidays tomorrow. Even bought a bikini :eek: I'm going to enjoy myself but not go off the deep end either. It's an all inclusive including alcohol... here's hoping they have plenty of fruit for me to snack on so I can enjoy mojitos the rest of the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 corkgirl111

Ive completely lost motivation last few weeks and put on some weight. Annoying thing is I am actually exercising, just cant keep a handle on my food because been manic lately so havent been doing food shops or anything and now finding it so hard to get back into it! :( wanted to be half a stone lighter for xmas but as the weeks are going by thats becoming less likely! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Ive completely lost motivation last few weeks and put on some weight. Annoying thing is I am actually exercising, just cant keep a handle on my food because been manic lately so havent been doing food shops or anything and now finding it so hard to get back into it! :( wanted to be half a stone lighter for xmas but as the weeks are going by thats becoming less likely! :(

I'm in the exact same boat as you Corkgirl111, only that I don't have the time to even exercise at the minute. Have a 5km run tonight even though I haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks. Just going to try my best to not keel over ha!

I'm struggling too. The dark miserable evenings make me want ALL THE CARBS. Still hoping for 7 pounds by Christmas!

Hi all,

Well it was bound to happen I had my first gain:D 1/2 pound up last week did have a great weekend so it was kind of worth it but I'm going to be good this week. I am heading out tonight for a bite to eat and a few drinks but I had a low point breakfast and having a low point lunch which should leave me with enough of points to enjoy my dinner out no starters mind you!! and then the drinks will come out of my weeklies.. then best behaviour for the rest of the weekend.

The weather has been shocking but I'm just putting up with it and as soon as I get home its change and out for a walk in the dark with my flash lamp its only 25mins round and I feel so good after that its worth it if I don't walk at least 5 times a week it shows on the scales so I make myself do it and I kinda enjoy it now which is a big help you've gotta keep telling yourself that Christmas is 6 weeks away I lost a stone up to now and I can shift this 4 ibs... I saw a good thing on Facebook today it read:

NO excuses
    NO junk
    NO quitting
    NOVEMBER

now I just have to stick to that:) good luck everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Completely lost the run of myself the last two weeks and I was up 4.5lbs this morning :(

Completely lost the run of myself the last two weeks and I was up 4.5lbs this morning :(

That was me three weeks ago but have pulled myself back in to gear, it's the best wake up call ever, a gain. You become a little cocky with all the minus figures at class and then all the compliments. My leader told me it's easy to lose a gain quickly as it hasn't (for want of a better word) settled yet in the body so get back on the band wagon and I guarantee you'll have that 4.5lbs lost again in two weeks.

• Advertisement

Joolsie wrote:
    That was me three weeks ago but have pulled myself back in to gear, it's the best wake up call ever, a gain. You become a little cocky with all the minus figures at class and then all the compliments. My leader told me it's easy to lose a gain quickly as it hasn't (for want of a better word) settled yet in the body so get back on the band wagon and I guarantee you'll have that 4.5lbs lost again in two weeks.
    It was definitely a kick up the backside! I usually use the WW journals and I can't seem to get one so I might buy myself a nice notebook later. :D

Crossing my fingers I can get back into gear!

Hi Purple pawprints,

I use the my score plus app and its brilliant you start with 26 each day and your weeklies are in a box next to it and it deducts as you enter you food count its great I would be lost with out it.. especially where the weeklies are concerned. Don't lose heart you can do it get the note book and start writing stuff down again and you will be surprised how quick you can claw it back there is still time...

I had weigh in last nite and after my 1/2 gain last week I had 2 off last nite so I now have 15 1/2 off and 2 to goal not really sure where I want to be with goal thought 10 stone then I thought maybe ill try for a little more just to have that safety net with Christmas coming so I guess ill just keep going and what will be will be..

have a great week everyone...

barneylou wrote:
    Hi Purple pawprints,

I use the my score plus app and its brilliant you start with 26 each day and your weeklies are in a box next to it and it deducts as you enter you food count its great I would be lost with out it.. especially where the weeklies are concerned. Don't lose heart you can do it get the note book and start writing stuff down again and you will be surprised how quick you can claw it back there is still time...

I had weigh in last nite and after my 1/2 gain last week I had 2 off last nite so I now have 15 1/2 off and 2 to goal not really sure where I want to be with goal thought 10 stone then I thought maybe ill try for a little more just to have that safety net with Christmas coming so I guess ill just keep going and what will be will be..

have a great week everyone...
    Hi barneylou,

I'm going to have a look for that app, thank you! It would be great for when I'm out and don't have my notebook with me. I got a cheap notebook in Tesco yesterday and made it all funky, used different coloured markers etc. I think I'm back into the swing of things now. 15lbs to goal. Unfortunately that was also true about 2 years ago.

You're doing really well, fair play! Safety net for Christmas would be good. I wanted to be at goal for Christmas but 15lbs in, what is it, 5 - 6 weeks isn't really feasable...

Have a great week!

Purple pawprints ok so you may not get to goal for Christmas so give yourself another goal to hit and just go for it.. When I started I worked out my 5% and 10% weight loss goal and kind of just tried to hit them and lower my BMI to normal its all about the little steps but there is no point telling you that be easy on yourself look at all you have lost up to now. You inspired me when I first started reading the Thread your like one of the members people look to... You know what you have to do so do what you do best and don't be hard on yourself.. I am very anal with stuff bit OCD and if I haven't done it right or reach what I expect to lose each way I'm very hard on myself and that's not good either... I have it worked now that I can live and loss I was out Friday nite had a meal but no starter had drinks had a few on Saturday as well went to the cinema brought my treble crunch but didn't feel left out.. I really don't think drink is that bad its what you eat that counts.. and the walking really helps... chin up

barneylou wrote:
    Purple pawprints ok so you may not get to goal for Christmas so give yourself another goal to hit and just go for it.. When I started I worked out my 5% and 10% weight loss goal and kind of just tried to hit them and lower my BMI to normal its all about the little steps but there is no point telling you that be easy on yourself look at all you have lost up to now. You inspired me when I first started reading the Thread your like one of the members people look to... You know what you have to do so do what you do best and don't be hard on yourself.. I am very anal with stuff bit OCD and if I haven't done it right or reach what I expect to lose each way I'm very hard on myself and that's not good either... I have it worked now that I can live and loss I was out Friday nite had a meal but no starter had drinks had a few on Saturday as well went to the cinema brought my treble crunch but didn't feel left out.. I really don't think drink is that bad its what you eat that counts.. and the walking really helps... chin up
    I think half a stone might be doable. I have a couple of events coming up so I just have to be smart and plan.

Oh thank you, awh that's lovely to read. Things like that keep me going.

You really do just have to be smart tbh. I do a lot of walking and I do Zumba as well. Have my next class tonight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Well I went back yesterday and I was 5.5lbs up. This is the kick up the bum I needed, I have to cop on now!!! I agree though, it's hard with the manky weather. Started well today though, having my soup and had porridge this morning.

I think half a stone might be doable. I have a couple of events coming up so I just have to be smart and plan.

Oh thank you, awh that's lovely to read. Things like that keep me going.

You really do just have to be smart tbh. I do a lot of walking and I do Zumba as well. Have my next class tonight. :D

Another here saying, you are an inspiration to others on the board. Never forget how well you have done.

I've lost motivation at the moment, not sure why, am making (yet another) fresh start, if I get a half stone off for Christmas, I will be one happy camper.

Wow, that really is lovely to read, thank you! :D

Best of luck to everyone with their weigh-ins this week. Dreading mine this evening, have missed the last two weigh-ins, one due to not being able to attend myself and the second, the leader was unable to travel due to the weather last week. Feel lately though that food is on my mind every single minute of my day, starting to feel a little consumed by it all. Anyone else ever feel this way?

• Advertisement

Best of luck. :)

I can't get to WI this week, but am tracking, and hope to put in a good week. Hopefully, will see the result next week.

Advertisement