Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Simple Start isn't new - they introduced that when I had joined 3 years ago?! From what I remember! I always stuck to PP though - easier for me to monitor/track

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Phew! It's about a year and a half since I was at goal so I was unsure whether I had to do it. Will get back on track so!!!!

arisagain wrote: »
    Phew! It's about a year and a half since I was at goal so I was unsure whether I had to do it. Will get back on track so!!!!

I think the Simple Start (From what I remember) was about choosing Healthy & Filling foods & eating until you're full (Which might never happen for me :P ) so I always stuck with the points. At the moment, I'm not counting points, but counting calories and trying to eat more protein. First 5 days down (today wasn't a good day though) and only 2 exercise sessions so far, uh oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Well first WI after Christmas was last Monday and as suspected I was up 5 lbs
    :eek: So line was drawn and WW homework book was taken back out and am well and truly back on track. So far so good this week, have arrived at Friday night with even some points left for a treat or two over the weekend :D

Hope everyone has a good one

T x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Morning WW folk,

I am back on my yearly WW programme. It is becoming a regular thing, this time last year and the year previous I dieted January to April/May. Last year was particularly for my wedding and it worked out really well, got to the right weight by the start of May. I started at 19st. 1.8lbs and managed to get down to 16st 4.8lbs. However post wedding every single pound since then has gone back on, and I am cool about it as I know I can do this again.

Anyhow I started last Sunday morning ( I always do the at home programme with my trusty iPad and WW tracking app).

Weigh in - 4th Jan - 19st 8.8lbs - put on nearly 3 stone in nearly 7 months, thats some impressive eating imo.

Anyway I am hopeful of a good first weigh in tomorrow morning. Just the usual facts, I am 6ft 5 which gives me a crazy amount of points, 59 currently.

Wish me luck and I will touch in again tomorrow. For anyone weighing in over next few days good luck, stick with WW it really is imo the best way of losing weight, I am just a lazy mofo when it comes to the maintenance phase and it is always nice to have a few more pounds for warmth in the winter hehe.

Will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My first weigh in since joining last week and I'm down 5 pounds which brings me out of the 13 stone range for the first time in over two years. Delighted and a great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Good morning all first WW done and it is a good start for me.

Jan 5th - 19st 8.8lbs
    Jan 12th - 19st 0.4lbs

8.4 lbs down delighted with that.

Good luck everyone with Weigh Ins!
    Will

Is there WW on a Sunday?!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is there WW on a Sunday?!

There is if you do the WW at home plan ;)

Thanks Loughc

I had over egged my starting weight on my fitness pal and ended up being 8lbs less than I thought I was! Means I only put on 3/4 lbs over Christmas - can't understand that! Not complaining though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I'm back again. Up 21 pounds since my last weigh in! Really raring to go!! Have to say that I find the new simply start hard to get around! I'm thinking of just back to the pro points as with my lifestyle, its easier to plan around. What do you think? I want to do things properly this time so am willing to do things slowly....

Simple Start is about eating only filling and healthy foods and not pointing. I tried it for a full month last year and it didn't suit me at all, I think after the month i lost something like 2 pounds!! That's just me 'cause I'm a greedy so and so but my mother finds it brilliant then (I'm so jealous, she actually looks totally fab at the moment and is sticking so well to it). Anyway, try and eat filling and healthy but point it all, it works for me (I think!!!).

First weigh in tomorrow but I've been doing the plan since last Monday and I can already feel my belly is smaller, hopefully the scales won't be too cruel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Simple Start is about eating only filling and healthy foods and not pointing. I tried it for a full month last year and it didn't suit me at all, I think after the month i lost something like 2 pounds!! That's just me 'cause I'm a greedy so and so but my mother finds it brilliant then (I'm so jealous, she actually looks totally fab at the moment and is sticking so well to it). Anyway, try and eat filling and healthy but point it all, it works for me (I think!!!).

First weigh in tomorrow but I've been doing the plan since last Monday and I can already feel my belly is smaller, hopefully the scales won't be too cruel :)

Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow.

Zanablue wrote: »
    Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow.

Thank you but i can't go tomorrow (hair appointment, hair is horrendous at the moment) so going to just pay and weigh on Thursday which i hate. Normal life resumes next week though so it'll be back to Tuesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jack.ryan

I joined last thursday, been researching the PP's of every meal I had since then, I was given 70pp's per day so I went that way to start.

Am actually looking forward to and am nervous of tomorrows weight in.

My target is to lose 5 stone and 2 pounds this year, not sure how possible that is, but will aim for it.

WI was last Monday and down 1 lb so happy out. Did an awful lot of exercise last week so had hoped to be down more, but still v happy with the loss and hopefully last weeks exercise might show next Monday.

Have a good week everybody

T x

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

I remember that there was a great post about butternut squash 'chips'. Do you have to parboil them or just roast them??

Hey all, I just had my weigh in and I was down 1lb so am happy with that:). I found this week very hard foodwise and really had to watch my portions which didn't always work out, but I did run twice this week and did two aerobic workouts so I suppose that helped. Good luck everyone!

Onwards and Downwards:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I started on Monday and lost 2lbs. I know I'm probably up today as I had dinner last night that I couldn't get out of, and allowed myself both dessert and wine but back on the wagon now. As they say, it's not a sin to fall - it's a sin to lie there! Drinking a lot of extra water, snacking on fruit and could already feel the benefit of the alcohol-free nights even by Wednesday :)

jack.ryan wrote: »
    I joined last thursday, been researching the PP's of every meal I had since then, I was given 70pp's per day so I went that way to start.

Am actually looking forward to and am nervous of tomorrows weight in.

My target is to lose 5 stone and 2 pounds this year, not sure how possible that is, but will aim for it.

Well week 1 is over, very happy with 5.5Lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Agh im turning back to my old ways im very worried!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I was doing so well all week. Then all of a sudden I've had 3 nights out for dinner to attend. Trying to pick wisely but not expecting a loss this week. Back to the gym next week, finally getting rid of this cold and able to breathe again so hopefully that gets me back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I remember that there was a great post about butternut squash 'chips'. Do you have to parboil them or just roast them??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Down 4.5 this week and last as I missed it last Saturday. Delighted! Just another two pounds and my Xmas gain will be gone!

Another restaurant meal tonight, my weekly bonus points are blown out of the water on day 2 again!!

I don't like the WW Pittas find them a bit dry, the SuperValu are smaller but come in at the same points. BUT the fibre is less in the SuperValu ones and the salt is higher, do we think there is any chance I could use the Supervalu ones on the Simple Start/Filling and Healthy instead of the WW ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Hi all! Back for what must be the 100th time! Everyone is doing so well, keep it up! Starting off at 13st 2.5 lbs this time and have plenty of hens and weddings to hopefully help me on my way this time. Aiming for small steps so going to set mini goals along the way. First weigh in tomorrow night so hoping I got off on the right foot! Decided to stick with propoints rather than F&H so hope I'm doing something right!

granniecaz wrote: »
    Hi all! Back for what must be the 100th time! Everyone is doing so well, keep it up! Starting off at 13st 2.5 lbs this time and have plenty of hens and weddings to hopefully help me on my way this time. Aiming for small steps so going to set mini goals along the way. First weigh in tomorrow night so hoping I got off on the right foot! Decided to stick with propoints rather than F&H so hope I'm doing something right!

Best of luck with it

So eventually got back to weigh and I'm 12 pounds over goal. Just under 3 months to lose it and I'm so determined this time. I've stuff coming up but this is one of the first times in ages where I'm being truly realistic and not leaving it to chance.

Good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Well first way in since I rejoined last night and down 2.5lbs! Happy enough but a teeny tiny part of me was disappointed. But know a loss is a loss. Busy week this week so hope I stick to my points! Onwards and downwards :)

• Advertisement

granniecaz wrote: »
    Well first way in since I rejoined last night and down 2.5lbs! Happy enough but a teeny tiny part of me was disappointed. But know a loss is a loss. Busy week this week so hope I stick to my points! Onwards and downwards :)

Well done! 2.5lb is brilliant:)

Advertisement