Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone else looking forward to Ultima 9 getting released on GoG? :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thought this was pretty good..

King of Kong 2 Trailer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

keithgeo wrote: »
    Thought this was pretty good..

King of Kong 2 Trailer

:pac:

Would be cool to have an original DK cab actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,853 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I checked out that Retro Game Base shop in London earlier.
    Nice selection of stuff and a couple of arcade machines to play. I wish them the best of luck in everything but the style of the shop wouldnt be what I would do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Steve SI wrote: »
    I checked out that Retro Game Base shop in London earlier.
    Nice selection of stuff and a couple of arcade machines to play. I wish them the best of luck in everything but the style of the shop wouldnt be what I would do.
    Where abouts?
    I spent about 2 hours in Kingston looking for some retro-related shop a few months ago... nada...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,853 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Where abouts?
    I spent about 2 hours in Kingston looking for some retro-related shop a few months ago... nada...

It's in the Streatham area. So not really central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Excellent Darius coverage there!

bNvhU.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Salmon hamburger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

EnterNow wrote: »
    Salmon hamburger

bNvhU.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dismissed Beetches!

Oh and for those too young to remember I was referencing this advert with that image:

fast4.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Always worth posting that video again :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oh sweet jesus, just got pulled into HR and given a new position managing a team of almost 40 people :eek:

There goes any spare time I had to browse boards during the day!!!

Congratulations good sir, moving on up in the world :cool: On the other hand, if your department fukcs up...its all your fault :D

And you might now have more fundage for buying sweet retro gaming goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Oh sweet jesus, just got pulled into HR and given a new position managing a team of almost 40 people :eek:

Do you work in IT m8?

If so gizza job m8 please

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Extra fundage for games versus more chance of ruining a whole department.

6874536089_532509b3ab.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

DinoRex wrote: »

And the one on the left is a rare VGA graded prototype from before the left hand was ready for launch! :D
    Oh sweet jesus, just got pulled into HR and given a new position managing a team of almost 40 people eek.gif

Congrats! Now delegate! (Seriously. Your life will not be worth living if you try and do even a fraction of the work of 40 people)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

First world problems :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

First world problems :rolleyes:

Living up to your username there, eh?

Just a long-time poster on these forums wishing to share some great news. Pretty much every regular here has been rightly guilty of the same. Fair play o1s1n, wish you well in your new position!

Just a long-time poster on these forums wishing to share some great news. Pretty much every regular here has been rightly guilty of the same. Fair play o1s1n, wish you well in your new position!

Here here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Cheers lads! Appreciated! :) Sometimes I think it's nice to share a bit of good news - a break away from the usual Irish misery and begrudgery (something I think too many folk in this country wallow in)

Anyway, gotta go and post a control panel to California now. Finally managed to shift that Egret 3 CP. Had to find a buyer half way around the bloody world to do so though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

http://uktv.co.uk/dave/quiz/aid/639035/

50 Questions on red dwarf

I got 48/50

Beat that :D

Sparks43 wrote: »
    http://uktv.co.uk/dave/quiz/aid/639035/

50 Questions on red dwarf

I got 48/50

Beat that :D

49/50

Damn you BTE, the name of the russian hologram caught me out :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Never watched the show so random guesses netted me a mighty 19/50, slightly better than the 1 in 4 multiple choice odds. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

EnterNow wrote: »
    49/50

the name of the russian hologram caught me out :mad:

so what is it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Go you! I'll have a drink or 10 to celebrate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement