Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

That's the plan. Sort of a save state snapshot.

I know people are worried how will effect games like Dark Souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ohh really? I had no idea, I haven't really been reading up on the 'next gen' so much as I don't plan to buy new consoles any time soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

DinoRex wrote: »
    That's the plan. Sort of a save state snapshot.

I know people are worried how will effect games like Dark Souls.

Presumably it won't apply to some games. It wouldn't be possible to save snapshots of certain online features that rely on other players or a live persistent world like that of an MMO. You'll just get save games like you have now that saves your own data.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,985 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I take back what I said about Gal Gun being tame. I just found the 'molest' button :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I take back what I said about Gal Gun being tame. I just found the 'molest' button :(

Is that not all of them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,985 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nope. I found out how to play the game properly. You have to scan the girls first to find their weak point then hit them there for a 1 hit ecstasy shot.

The 'molest' function is a bar that fills up with each ecstasy shot. Once full I thought it was a smart bomb. So I pointed at the screen, pressed triangle and nothing. So I point at a girl and that's when it gets weird.

If you hit a girl with it you get some 1 on 1 action with her. She stands in front of you while you scan her to see where she is most sensitive and hit her there. If you do it enough she gets a bit orgasmic and clears the screen.

Strange, strange game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I actually want to play it and see what it's like. Is the 360 version region free?

I actually want to play it and see what it's like. Is the 360 version region free?

No (un)fortunately.

No (un)fortunately.

Damn, no achievements for 500 panty shots then :( I'll just get the PS3 version so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Nope. I found out how to play the game properly. You have to scan the girls first to find their weak point then hit them there for a 1 hit ecstasy shot.

The 'molest' function is a bar that fills up with each ecstasy shot. Once full I thought it was a smart bomb. So I pointed at the screen, pressed triangle and nothing. So I point at a girl and that's when it gets weird.

If you hit a girl with it you get some 1 on 1 action with her. She stands in front of you while you scan her to see where she is most sensitive and hit her there. If you do it enough she gets a bit orgasmic and clears the screen.

Strange, strange game.

a47eyt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I can't wait to play it, hopefully it'll be like Doki Doki Majo Shinpan! (nsfw)

Think I'm getting close to the end of The Last of Us.

Only time I've really enjoyed the gameplay is 75% the way in. Wish the whole game could have been like that.

Overall the game is a bit of a chore though.

Sera wrote: »

I was actually thinking it's very like that game, even the boss battles are very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Strange, strange game.

Dude, you're gonna love(and also fit in well) if you ever go to Tokyo :D

Make sure to be in the "magazine/book" shops around 5-9pm and you'll meet some very like minded individuals :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Strange, strange game.

you know it might make a great simulator for sex education in school :pac:

Sera wrote: »

I remember you showing me that game actually. It's only €15 on ebay so might get it on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Strange, strange game.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzlJpjx9c1Vp0IVSSmaYHFaBalLqeivVJVOyxNE2E0-xC8VhqKLvLMfuO3
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,615 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Got my paypal refund, yes!

Oculus Rift on the verge of being posted, double yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

What an odd bit of advertisement for Yakuza 1 & 2

• Advertisement

Pretty sure I've just hit a game breaking bug in The Last of Us and I'm pretty sure it's about 10 minutes before the end of the game.

Super annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Please report it so that it's fixed by the time I buy the game.

Not sure if its a bug though.

I'm pretty sure you can't jump in the game, but I'm at a point where the only clear way forward is to jump over a gap.

Looked up a YouTube playhtrough and sure enough the player jumps at that point, but there is no jump button so I'm guessing it's an automated jump function that kicks in at just this one point in the whole game and its not kicking in for me. So it's bad design coupled with a bug most likely.

Also the crappy auto save puts me right before it, so I may have to go back to my last manual save which is about 4 hours earlier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I assume you've tried good old 'X'? That's what's usually used to hop over stuff in the game I thought (unless it's all auto and me pressing x is simply a redundant input)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I assume you've tried good old 'X'? That's what's usually used to hop over stuff in the game I thought (unless it's all auto and me pressing x is simply a redundant input)

Lol so either Dinorex needs to read the manual or you've been pressing a button for no reason the entire game? :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Lol so either Dinorex needs to read the manual or you've been pressing a button for no reason the entire game? :p

Good luck finding any information of note in a manual these days :(

But yeah, X is definitely the control for climbing over small stuff (phew!), so unless that's what's necessary, but I can only assume Dino has tried that and it is indeed a bug he has encountered. There is definitely an autojump function for some bits
    aka horse riding
    , so would be strange to suddenly do away with it for the one bit where you actually need to hop a gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Achilles wrote: »

Sort of sounds like he's describing the same section. But I don't think I missed any conversation and my screen doesn't go black.

It's about a 3 foot gap between a truck and a vent with flowing water all around it. In my case he just goes straight into the water. It's odd as it gives you a way to walk back up against the flow of water at the edge, almost like they knew you could accidentally go in the water when they designed it.

I had a bug about 15 minutes earlier where Ellie kept acting like she was being attacked and walked backwards for about 15 minutes.

A vine I made: https://vine.co/v/hznYXIX0zau (no spoilers, unless the fact that they're in a tunnel at some point in the game is a spoiler)

I tried to resolve the bug by getting to a point where I needed to give Ellie a boost up to a platform and she then immediately teleported back to my side.

I guess the lesson here is not to try and play through a bug as it might have a lasting effect.

(Oh and yes, I have been pressing X to climb, but there is definitely no jump button although while trying to work that out I finally figured out the counter intuitive way to reload your gun, that was driving me nuts all game. You have to pull the trigger without aiming to reload, I've been waiting for my ammo to exhaust the whole game and it was getting me into lots of trouble)

Haha... Conan O'Brien's E3 coverage is very funny:

http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-remote-e3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Slow day, huh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement