Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

DinoRex wrote: »
    Xbox One can still go and feck off as long as it has it's mandatory Kinect.

Microsoft sees what you did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

sj8s.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Brilliant Steve, and I don't even watch the show.
    Lets see a Pokemon edition!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Right lads, whose package is that in portlaoise?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Snigger, snigger, "package", he, he....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,980 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

97KOJsF.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

DinoRex wrote: »
    97KOJsF.jpg

srsly???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Jack burton

OK so I'm back from my hiatus.

I see Microsoft had pulled a 180
    I see Pyongyang has gotten some more filth into the new stuff thread
    I see the conversation here is still about Pokemon and the contents of peoples underpants

Its good to be home!

Also, I opted to take the Wiiu, I should have it in the next 2 weeks. Got ZombieU and Nintendo World with it, how bad for a free prize :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Could anyone recommend a screwdriver set off ebay for opening snes controllers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

nuxxx wrote: »

No Problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

nuxxx wrote: »

Snes controllers - I think they are just standard screws so a small Philips screwdriver should be fine

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Snes controllers - I think they are just standard screws so a small Philips screwdriver should be fine

Or are would a triwing be required?
    If so there are innumerable Chinese sitesselling then for bugger all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just a normal small sized Phillips is all you need

Just a normal small sized Phillips is all you need

That's me told :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

"OW, FIRE HOT!"

"The Professy will help.

*gets burnt*

AHHH! Fire indeed hot."

"OW, FIRE HOT!"

"The Professy will help.

*gets burnt*

AHHH! Fire indeed hot."

Bit early to be drunk, no?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

A bit late IMO.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hasn't futurama been or is to be cancelled?

• Advertisement

Ending this summer, from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,612 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

And yet the Simpsons goes on and on and on ... and on :(

Both have been cack lately anyway, cancel them all in my view.

Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Both have been cack lately anyway, cancel them all in my view.

Lately? The Simpsons has been cack for 14+ years! :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    And yet the Simpsons goes on and on and on ... and on :(
    Isn't the last season going to be the last?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Lately? The Simpsons has been cack for 14+ years! :D

Ah no, it's true that since season 18 laughs are non-existant but seasons 10-17 have some great stuff. I've pinpointed the exact moment the Simpsons started to stumble and it was way before season 18 but there was still a heck of a lot of quality shows in between.

Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ah no, it's true that since season 18 laughs are non-existant but seasons 10-17 have some great stuff. I've pinpointed the exact moment the Simpsons started to stumble and it was way before season 18 but there was still a heck of a lot of quality shows in between.

What!? You're crazy :pac:

From season 10 on is very hit and miss...and it just gets worse and worse as it goes on. It's not the same show anymore. Especially when they made the transition to digital ink. Whatever soul was left in the show was well and truely sucked out at that point.

Bland pop culture reference here, stupid celebrity appearance there, rubbish story arcs that go absolutely nowhere. It's completely ADD and vomit inducing.

I'd really love to know what shows you think are great from those years if you can provide a few ep names! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thought the general consensus was the Principal and the Pauper (aka Armin Tanzerian) was the show's official jumping the shark episode? So much so they actually ripped the piss out of it themselves in that Behind the Laughter episode? There's just something cold and cynical about every Simpsons episode I've seen over the last decade, even supposedly decent ones. A lame parody of what it once was.

Futurama is still solid, but that's all really. Some very good stuff, but mostly kind of autopilot. Still, autopilot Futurama is watchable at least.

Parks & Recreations, by the way, is the closest I've seen anything come to the style and charm of classic Simpsons. And the Simpsons never had Ron ****ing Swanson. Really recommend anyone to give it a chance.

Thought the general consensus was the Principal and the Pauper (aka Armin Tanzerian) was the show's official jumping the shark episode? So much so they actually ripped the piss out of it themselves in that Behind the Laughter episode? There's just something cold and cynical about every Simpsons episode I've seen over the last decade, even supposedly decent ones. A lame parody of what it once was.

Futurama is still solid, but that's all really. Some very good stuff, but mostly kind of autopilot. Still, autopilot Futurama is watchable at least.

Parks & Recreations, by the way, is the closest I've seen anything come to the style and charm of classic Simpsons. And the Simpsons never had Ron ****ing Swanson. Really recommend anyone to give it a chance.
    s-NICK-JOHN-large.jpg

http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.php?97599-Is-John-Swartzwelder-the-basis-of

You were saying?

And if you really want to stretch it...

220px-John_Swartzwelder_-_Hurricane_Neddy.jpg

tumblr_m12ejm2svL1rotp27o1_400.jpg

Swartzstatue.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

John_Swartzwelder_-_Hurricane_Neddy.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement