Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

That's what I thought. Thanks Fred!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Hello, did parcel motel shut down at the weekend? I had an item check in Friday and no movement or tracking for it yet? Will it be moving tonight?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hello, did parcel motel shut down at the weekend? I had an item check in Friday and no movement or tracking for it yet? Will it be moving tonight?

Are you sure your PMid is on it?
    Have you ordered from the same company and the address was ok?

Davy wrote: »
    Are you sure your PMid is on it?
    Have you ordered from the same company and the address was ok?

yeah it had the pmid on it, i had just set up a parcel motel for my father to use, i logged in under his account and see that ,it hasnt budged since friday, duno whats the story, was hoping that they just shut down for the weekend and are strtin up again today :/ .ps. its from amazon and there is a photo of the package on the parcel motel website but it just hasnt moved.

• Advertisement

Yeah, mine's the same. I reckon I should get it tomorrow...

Yeah, mine's the same. I reckon I should get it tomorrow...

Ah cool, fingers crossed it will move tonight and be ready to collect tomorrow then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Just wondering if anyone has experienced problems with missing or delayed parcels?

I was a big fan of Parcel Motel but since Christmas they've lost two parcels on me. In the past, I've also experienced issues with parcels being checked into their depot but not being delivered for two and three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭nathansredarmy

Hey I have a question I heard you can use parcel motel through ebay uk I bid on an item and won and set up a uk account with the parcel motel uk address. But then I heard that you have to change your PayPal address to the parcel motel English address.

The problem is you can only add a Irish PayPal address not a uk one . So can I go ahead with the order or will this be a problem ?

Hey I have a question I heard you can use parcel motel through ebay uk I bid on an item and won and set up a uk account with the parcel motel uk address. But then I heard that you have to change your PayPal address to the parcel motel English address.

The problem is you can only add a Irish PayPal address not a uk one . So can I go ahead with the order or will this be a problem ?

It's not a problem. I use my Irish card linked to Paypal for my eBay purchases. Just make sure your PMID no. is clearly marked in the address field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

The PM address will work perfectly to get your ebay purchase over to Ireland but one word of warning. I was wondering the same thing myself when I needed to use my PM address for an eBay transaction. I contacted Paypal (spoke to 3 agents directly on the phone so they couldn't send me copy & paste email replies) and asked would I be covered by Paypal if there was a problem with goods not being delivered etc when using my PM address. They all said no and each confirmed the others were correct. eBay can take a claim up against the seller (to ban, warn etc) but Paypal will only cover your original registered Irish address as the PM address is not confirmed.

So 2 points. 1: Make sure the seller has a good rep so a new ebay cowboy isn't looking to fleece you. 2: Never tell the seller the PM address is not your original registered Paypal address lest they get any funny ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Misstt12

Hi,

This may have been covered before but could anyone tell me if I have a prepaid Royal Mail label for a return can I send it with parcel motel for €4.50? I have put it through and it goes to Antrim address, is it forwarded on from here?

Sorry if this has been answered before!
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has experienced problems with missing or delayed parcels?

I was a big fan of Parcel Motel but since Christmas they've lost two parcels on me. In the past, I've also experienced issues with parcels being checked into their depot but not being delivered for two and three weeks.

My package was delivered to the Antrim depot on Friday morning but they have no trace of it and are doing a search. I was told this morning someone would call me back today to let me know but nobody called so I rang to be told a search will take 24 hours and someone would contact me tomorrow. Staff in Dublin are not helpful and think I am getting the runaround. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I had a parcel deliver from the Uk to PM Antrim at 12 mid day yesterday, never checked in yesterday or this morning so I rang PM and the lady I was speaking to said they no longer process parcels in Antrim its Dublin so effectively its a day longer now the process takes, anyone have similar experiences lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

This must be only very lately is it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I had a parcel deliver from the Uk to PM Antrim at 12 mid day yesterday, never checked in yesterday or this morning so I rang PM and the lady I was speaking to said they no longer process parcels in Antrim its Dublin so effectively its a day longer now the process takes, anyone have similar experiences lately?

They been checking-in the parcels deliver to Antrim in Dublin since November according to my parcels status.

My last couple of parcels were scanned in Dublin same day they arrived in Antrim and got deliver to my PM (Dublin) in the same day they got them (1 was even deliver to them on Saturday morning and stored in my PM on the same Saturday at 11pm) The rest they get deliver the next day, at xmas there were some delays and took maybe an extra day or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Hi All.

My parcel's status is checked in but there's no photo on the website. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Hi All.

My parcel's status is checked in but there's no photo on the website. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

Probably oversized parcel

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Hi All.

Photo's seem to be very hit and miss. Sometimes I can see photo's, sometimes not. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

• Advertisement

Probably oversized parcel
    Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure it's not oversized though.

Photo's seem to be very hit and miss. Sometimes I can see photo's, sometimes not. I don't think it's anything to worry about.
    Cheers. Have you ever encountered this yourself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I also have an item with no photo, first time I've seen this....its def not oversized

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Ive had lots of items with no photos - has no impact on speed of delivery etc...

Cabaal wrote: »
    I also have an item with no photo, first time I've seen this....its def not oversized
    I collected my parcel today, which didn't have a photo. It was the first notification I've seen without a photo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Bought an item on ebay.co.uk, seller sent it with no tracking number, no sign of it in Parcel Motel.

Have to order another one now (but will use a different seller!!).

eamonnq wrote: »
    Bought an item on ebay.co.uk, seller sent it with no tracking number, no sign of it in Parcel Motel.

Have to order another one now (but will use a different seller!!).

Was your PMID on it?

Have they searched for it by your name/ phone number?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Was your PMID on it?

Have they searched for it by your name/ phone number?

Yep, they said they would search for it, but as it was not signed for it is possible it was lost before it reached PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Had a package delivered to Antrim this morning at 10...what are the chances i'll see it tomorrow?! No sign of it being checked in yet...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Leighon74

My parcel was signed for in the Antrim depot on mon 28 april, but parcel motel say they don't know where it is. What a joke of a service.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement