Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 whosername

Are you sure it was sent USPS > AnPost?

Fedex send invoices for what is owed weeks after delivery, or used to, not sure if they do still.

I'm not 100% certain on the Irish side but it was sent with USPS and after clearing customs it is my belief that it will be An Post who would attempt delivery from there. I always use Parcel Motel unless I know the item will fit through the letter box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

whosername wrote: »
    I'm not 100% certain on the Irish side but it was sent with USPS and after clearing customs it is my belief that it will be An Post who would attempt delivery from there. I always use Parcel Motel unless I know the item will fit through the letter box.

Yeah, that'll be AnPost. Revenue DMC will hold it and contact you if there is any query on the total, such as an incomplete customs declaration.

So it is now just a waiting game. USPS email alerts will keep me informed until it arrives in Ireland and after that it will just require careful watching hopefully.

I have never had a single hiccup with Parcel Motel so it never occurred to me not to have it sent to them. Obviously people have had issues but it hasn't been my experience.

I'll post once it is resolved, hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

whosername wrote: »
    So it is now just a waiting game. USPS email alerts will keep me informed until it arrives in Ireland and after that it will just require careful watching hopefully.

I have never had a single hiccup with Parcel Motel so it never occurred to me not to have it sent to them. Obviously people have had issues but it hasn't been my experience.

I'll post once it is resolved, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Do you know what the declared value on the shipping docs is? Recently received a us order (not via PM) with a declared value of $99 and it went through customs without being flagged for duty/vat (USPS).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

flyguy wrote: »
    Do you know what the declared value on the shipping docs is? Recently received a us order (not via PM) with a declared value of $99 and it went through customs without being flagged for duty/vat (USPS).

Some do pass through.

I once had wheels shipped from Florida, two identical boxes shipped together. One stopped, the other passed through.

• Advertisement

It's coming in two medium sized boxes both with a value of over the €300 so I doubt I'll be so lucky as to dodge the duty. Right now I'd be happy with just getting them without too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nikster

Someone is sending me a parcel. What does the status "customer stored" mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Its in Antrim and will be delivered to your Parcel motel box. Have you signed up for text message notification for when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Nikster wrote: »
    Someone is sending me a parcel. What does the status "customer stored" mean?

AFAIK it means that the person sending you the item has stored the item in the locker.

I am assuming it is PM to PM though.

rusty999 wrote: »
    Its in Antrim and will be delivered to your Parcel motel box. Have you signed up for text message notification for when it arrives.

I have signed up for text notification, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

I have signed up for text notification, thanks

You will be grand then, and you will receive a text to say its ready for collection when it arrives at your local parcel motel.

rusty999 wrote: »
    You will be grand then, and you will receive a text to say its ready for collection when it arrives at your local parcel motel.

I was just trying to figure out the date/time that the sender actually sent the parcel.

Do they deliver over the weekend?

I was just trying to figure out the date/time that the sender actually sent the parcel.

Was it a company or a person that sent you the item Nikster? As Customer stored, i thought was when the item was in the Motel.

I believe they deliver on Saturday

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Was it a company or a person that sent you the item Nikster? As Customer stored, i thought was when the item was in the Motel.

I believe they deliver on Saturday

A person is sending something to me,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

They do deliver on Saturday, the delay could be on Parcel Motel getting the parcel from the locker, I only posted 1 parcel using PM it took them nearly 3 days to collect it from the locker.

In the other side, I parcel was deliver to the Antrim warehouse on a Saturday at 9:30am and was in my locker in Dublin on the same day about over 12h later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Probably been asked before, but can I use this to order something that can be delivered to UK but not Ireland, if it is being sent from outside UK?

For example a seller in the US will ship to UK but not Ireland, can I pay the shipping to the UK on the website then also pay parcel motel to get it to me?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yes, you can. IF you pre-pay any duty and VAT charges due.

PM make it crystal clear in their T's & C's that any parcels for which duty has to be paid will be rejected. Plenty of examples within this thread where this has happened. You don't have to look too far either.

The best thing to do is arrange to get the parcel sent to you direct. That way, any duty & VAT to be paid, you're informed of it direct and can arrange to pay.

Yes, you can. IF you pre-pay any duty and VAT charges due.

PM make it crystal clear in their T's & C's that any parcels for which duty has to be paid will be rejected. Plenty of examples within this thread where this has happened. You don't have to look too far either.

The best thing to do is arrange to get the parcel sent to you direct. That way, any duty & VAT to be paid, you're informed of it direct and can arrange to pay.

How would I know if any vat or duty was due? Chances are the items would be less than a fiver if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Aspiring wrote: »
    How would I know if any vat or duty was due? Chances are the items would be less than a fiver if that helps.

Should be no duty due on the item if its worth around €5.

Sorry - I did reply, but the response never posted for some reason...

IrishStuff is right. If the item is less than E22, then no duty is due. You should be OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Sorry - I did reply, but the response never posted for some reason...

IrishStuff is right. If the item is less than E22, then no duty is due. You should be OK.

It's even lower in the UK, which is where he'll be sending his packakge/item.
    £9 and higher and there's customs :eek:
    UK Customs wrote:
    Goods ordered online from outside the EU
    If you buy goods online from outside the EU for delivery to the UK, you'll have to pay Customs Duty and Import VAT on top of the purchase price if the goods are above a certain value - though Customs Duty is waived if the amount of duty payable is £9 or less.
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/internet.htm

But, it should be fine. €5 is around £4 anyway. :)

It's even lower in the UK, which is where he'll be sending his packakge/item.
    £9 and higher and there's customs :eek:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/internet.htm

But, it should be fine. €5 is around £4 anyway. :)

Shipping and all it comes to about $11 I think, which is only about £6.50, so should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Please can someone help me with how to format the address for Tesco direct. I'm here for half an hr trying assorted things from this thread with no joy.
    I haven't even successfully reg'ed.
    It says it won't accept numbers in either the name or surname and you cant input them into the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Please can someone help me with how to format the address for Tesco direct. I'm here for half an hr trying assorted things from this thread with no joy.
    I haven't even successfully reg'ed.
    It says it won't accept numbers in either the name or surname and you cant input them into the address.

You should get an edit option further along at the checkout allowing you incorporate numbers. Another option is to enter the PMID numerals in words "PMID: one two three etc."

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83126542&postcount=2560

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86923780&postcount=3648

It's also a good idea to make your PM username as distinctive as possible (eg. add a middle initial or two) just in case the PMID is left off - so they can match the parcel to the account easier in the depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Looks like GAME.co.uk has found out what we are doing and won't let up use Parcel Motel anymore.

I had the address saved for an instant click but now I get a error "The order was rejected as part of the fraud checks."

Does anyone know if there is a work around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I really wish they would keep oversized packages moving to the local depots.

I'm in Galway. Last night I got notification at 8.30pm that my package was oversized and was available for collection in Dublin and they were open 9am - 9pm. I rang straight away but the phone line said the office was already closed.

Got through this morning and they said sure they'll forward on to Galway depot, but it will be Tuesday now before I can pick it up. If they just forwarded to the local depot like they used to I'd have been able to pick it up today.

If something's been checked into the PM today, does it mean I'll collecting it on Tuesday? I assume the answer's yes, but if anyone knows any different, please let me know.

Ta!

If something's been checked into the PM today, does it mean I'll collecting it on Tuesday? I assume the answer's yes, but if anyone knows any different, please let me know.

Ta!

If it is checked in, you can go and collect it now.

Did you receive an E-mail / Text notification?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

moonboy52 wrote: »
    If it is checked in, you can go and collect it now.

Did you receive an E-mail / Text notification?

Checked in - means in the depot.

Stored - means in the motel ready to collect.

• Advertisement

I meant that PM had the parcel in the depot, but it has not yet come down to Cork...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement