Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

My 1st bad experience with PM just there. Got a parcel over which was oversized. It was signed for on the afternoon of the 11th, 2 days ago. Got a message 20 mins ago its oversized, paid the extra immediately now it won't be delivered till the 18th. A whole week in the hands of the couriers.

Why does it take over 2 days to notice a parcel is larger than the specified limit for the €3.50 delivery. Surely you look at the thing when it arrives in Antrim, spot its oversized and mark it as that. Also why would the notifications be sent after the timeframe has expired for them to load it onto the vans for delivery the next day. Staff are lovely but thats way too ragged a process imho. Rant over, waiting begins. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Is anyone having trouble signing into their parcelmotel account online? None of my usual passwords are working. When entering your id do you just use the numbers or do you need to put PMID infront of it to log in? I also tried to reset my password and it redirects to an error page.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Your email address associated with PM should also work in place of the Username/PMID. (Using the ID number needs PM or pm in front of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks, have got into my account now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

This post has been deleted.

Its probably junk mail from someone you previously bought from.I think P.M. will refund for that happening,worth giving them a ring to check

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭CassieManson

NATLOR wrote: »
    Its probably junk mail from someone you previously bought from.I think P.M. will refund for that happening,worth giving them a ring to check
    Yes that happened to me also. I contacted Parcel Motel and they refunded the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Just wondering do Nightline / Parcel Motel offer a parcel drop in service at their Depot in Newtownabbey?
    Or are there Parcel Motels in the North?
    I just bought something on ebay from a fella in Antrim and it would save on P&P if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I too did not receive a repaired phone back which went through Newtonabbey and Dublin. I finally after a long delay got an empty package. Am waiting for a Parcelmotel manager to get back to me.
    Update on the above, be carefull in what you send through this service, Parcelmotel are ignoring my claim for some compensation for the loss / theft of my phone while being sent back to me after repair through their system.
    The "managers" that deal with claims never seem to be at their phones or available.
    Dont expect any comeback if something gets mislaid or stolen, thats my experience of their so call ed customer service anyway.
    I still use their service to receive online purchases but will never send anything of any value through the service myeslf.
    I would advise caution, maybe i was just unlucky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Just wondering do Nightline / Parcel Motel offer a parcel drop in service at their Depot in Newtownabbey?
    Or are there Parcel Motels in the North?
    I just bought something on ebay from a fella in Antrim and it would save on P&P if they do.

He should just address it to that address as I doubt they have a drop service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Update on the above, be carefull in what you send through this service, Parcelmotel are ignoring my claim for some compensation for the loss / theft of my phone while being sent back to me after repair through their system.
    The "managers" that deal with claims never seem to be at their phones or available.
    Dont expect any comeback if something gets mislaid or stolen, thats my experience of their so call ed customer service anyway.
    I still use their service to receive online purchases but will never send anything of any value through the service myeslf.
    I would advise caution, maybe i was just unlucky :(

Might be worth posting that to their facebook page.

Does anyone know more about the issues they are currently having, just seen the notice on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Not on facebook. No point, they have ignored my attempts to contact a manager and countless messages to get back to me about my claim.
    Just warning people not to expect any comeback.
    I would recommend the service apart from their woeful attitude to dealing with people who's items get lost or stolen en route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Has anyone ever used Parcel Motel to take delivery from Zenni Optical? The parcel is below the amount for customs. I have no idea how long Zenni Optical typically take and the tracking they provide only tracks the parcel to the point it leaves Hong Kong.

I ordered on 1st March, got a dispatch notice on 8th March and the tracking shows it left Hong Kong on 9th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Has anyone ever used Parcel Motel to take delivery from Zenni Optical? The parcel is below the amount for customs. I have no idea how long Zenni Optical typically take and the tracking they provide only tracks the parcel to the point it leaves Hong Kong.

I ordered on 1st March, got a dispatch notice on 8th March and the tracking shows it left Hong Kong on 9th March.

Not really anything to do with PM. Your package is probably on the slow boat.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

You should be able to track the parcel on the Royalmail website once it reaches the UK, (if sent via HK post and tracking number should finish with HK)

nava wrote: »
    You should be able to track the parcel on the Royalmail website once it reaches the UK, (if sent via HK post and tracking number should finish with HK)

Oh great, thats really helpful, thanks!

Edit - I have tried it but Royal mail Track and Trace says there is no data for this tracking number. The number begins with RB and ends with HK.

Edit again - just realised, I didnt use the NI address, I used the Dublin one! No joy on An Post Track and Trace either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Oh great, thats really helpful, thanks!

Edit - I have tried it but Royal mail Track and Trace says there is no data for this tracking number. The number begins with RB and ends with HK.

Edit again - just realised, I didnt use the NI address, I used the Dublin one! No joy on An Post Track and Trace either.

I can take a while, but once it reaches ireland you will see it in the anpost website.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Has anyone had problems with parcel motel and not receiving packages that arrived to them last week?
    i had vita being delivered from ebay (the silly seller didnt get a tracking number) but he has a very good rating so i trust him and after looking at there facebook there is some company Phonesfix Techsolutions saying that he had multiple packages lost that arrived to pm on the 13th and there is some guy over in arcade and retro saying they lost one of his packages too.
    Anyone have experience with parcel motel loosing packages. do they usally find them? or has anyone had things go missing last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Has anyone had problems with parcel motel and not receiving packages that arrived to them last week?
    i had vita being delivered from ebay (the silly seller didnt get a tracking number) but he has a very good rating so i trust him and after looking at there facebook there is some company Phonesfix Techsolutions saying that he had multiple packages lost that arrived to pm on the 13th and there is some guy over in arcade and retro saying they lost one of his packages too.
    Anyone have experience with parcel motel loosing packages. do they usally find them? or has anyone had things go missing last week?

Parcels go missing. Your parcel is insured for up to €100.

I don't have any experience of losing stuff through Parcel Motel and I use them a lot. However, I have a fair bit of experience in losing stuff through eBay. It would be a cold day in hell yada yada...

nava wrote: »
    I can take a while, but once it reaches ireland you will see it in the anpost website.

Thanks Nava, I never knew this - thats so handy to know!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TYJ

Have many people had parcels that arrived in Antrim late last week lost?

TYJ wrote: »
    Have many people had parcels that arrived in Antrim late last week lost?

Mine was and another lad on boards had one lost (but he got his back yesterday) and there is someone on the facebook page who said that theirs is lost too and some phone repair place also writing on their facebook page saying that their parcel was lost all last week
    I called them about my one Tuesday morning and was told they would search the warehouse and get back to me in 24 hours and they didnt so i called them Wednesday morning and was told that they would be search during the day and they should have it by closing time on Wednesday so i called them that evening and they said that no one would have been looking during the day and that the overnight people will be looking. called this morning and was told once again that it will be found before closing today.

Mine was and another lad on boards had one lost (but he got his back yesterday) and there is someone on the facebook page who said that theirs is lost too and some phone repair place also writing on their facebook page saying that their parcel was lost all last week
    I called them about my one Tuesday morning and was told they would search the warehouse and get back to me in 24 hours and they didnt so i called them Wednesday morning and was told that they would be search during the day and they should have it by closing time on Wednesday so i called them and they said that no one would have been looking during the day and that the overnight people will be looking. called this morning and was told once again that it will be found before closing today.

I have had the same treatment as you, it's an absolute joke! I might ring Joe duffy about it and see what he thinks !!

TYJ wrote: »
    I have had the same treatment as you, it's an absolute joke! I might ring Joe duffy about it and see what he thinks !!

Just talked to them again just there to see if it was found but it wasnt :( and i was told that i should try taking it up with the ebay seller because he is liable as it was sent via unregistered post. then i mentioned that i was fairly sure it was there and that a lot of people were on the internet were saying that there things had gone missing that were delivered late last week. :/

Just talked to them again just there to see if it was found but it wasnt :( and i was told that i should try taking it up with the ebay seller because he is liable as it was sent via unregistered post. then i mentioned that i was fairly sure it was there and that a lot of people were on the internet were saying that there things had gone missing that were delivered late last week. :/

Thankfully mine was delivered by courier so I have tracking proof. Did they even bother denying that stuff has gone missing? Or maybe they are delivering our parcels to their own houses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I seem to have been a lucky one, my parcel seems to have slipped through the net. It arrived on Tuesday afternoon and was delivered to my local PM in the early hours of Wednesday morning, as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

i had vita being delivered from ebay (the silly seller didnt get a tracking number) but he has a very good rating so i trust him...

Sorry to jump to pm's defence, but...
    You don't have a tracking number, how are you so sure it was delivered? Why would not have been "lost" by the first shipping company? Sounds like it was shipped economy so it might take longer than usual to get there...
    Are you sure there is no tracking number? Often ebay sellers don't provide one on your "order page" but they do actually have one (they just don't bother updating ebay) so if you haven't already, contact the seller to make sure.
    Lastly PM is right regarding liability; if the seller actually shipped without tracking they'll have no proof you (or PM is this case) received the item and you are entitled (according to ebay/paypal rules) a full refund.... Just make sure to open a dispute in time.

flyguy wrote: »
    Sorry to jump to pm's defence, but...
    You don't have a tracking number, how are you so sure it was delivered? Why would not have been "lost" by the first shipping company? Sounds like it was shipped economy so it might take longer than usual to get there...
    Are you sure there is no tracking number? Often ebay sellers don't provide one on your "order page" but they do actually have one (they just don't bother updating ebay) so if you haven't already, contact the seller to make sure.
    Lastly PM is right regarding liability; if the seller actually shipped without tracking they'll have no proof you (or PM is this case) received the item and you are entitled (according to ebay/paypal rules) a full refund.... Just make sure to open a dispute in time.

Yeah I know it was silly of the seller not to use regestered mail. I messaged the seller and he sent me a receipt for the postage and offered me a refund. It could have been lost by Royal Mail but I doubt very much it's still in transet Because I bought something through ebay and was sent by Royal Mail 2nd class and it already arrived 2 days ago.
    If it weren't for all the people on the internet this last week saying that their parcels have gone missing I would have probably taken the refund already. So I just want parcel motel to be 100% sure it isn't there before I take a refund

It could have been lost by Royal Mail but I doubt very much it's still in transet Because I bought something through ebay and was sent by Royal Mail 2nd class and it already arrived 2 days ago.

I bought something that was sent Royal mail second class (not using Parcel Motel) and it never arrived so I got the seller to resend. The second item turned up within a week. The first item showed up 2 months later. Royal Mail are not infallible.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know it was silly of the seller not to use regestered mail. I messaged the seller and he sent me a receipt for the postage and offered me a refund. It could have been lost by Royal Mail but I doubt very much it's still in transet Because I bought something through ebay and was sent by Royal Mail 2nd class and it already arrived 2 days ago.
    If it weren't for all the people on the internet this last week saying that their parcels have gone missing I would have probably taken the refund already. So I just want parcel motel to be 100% sure it isn't there before I take a refund

Parcel Motel will say anything to get you off the phone! You would get better customer service at a brothel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement