Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting in UCD in September 2012

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 manon30

Hi! Is anyone else studying BCL Maitrise? Also... Do lectures start for EVERYONE on the 10th or is it just certain courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

manon30 wrote: »
    Hi! Is anyone else studying BCL Maitrise? Also... Do lectures start for EVERYONE on the 10th or is it just certain courses?

Everyone. Unless you were specifically stated otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BornForThisXX

hey :) I registered my modules at 9.30 this morning. I wanted to do one in programme module (radiography) and one general one but when I went on this morning there was no in programme modules displayed at all. It said there was no results for that search. Does this mean that they are fully booked up? What happens if I dont get either of the general electives? (as I had very few to choose from in the first place due to my timetable) I'm very confused by the whole thing.. :/
    any help would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BasketCase18

hey :) I registered my modules at 9.30 this morning. I wanted to do one in programme module (radiography) and one general one but when I went on this morning there was no in programme modules displayed at all. It said there was no results for that search. Does this mean that they are fully booked up? What happens if I dont get either of the general electives? (as I had very few to choose from in the first place due to my timetable) I'm very confused by the whole thing.. :/

When you are searching for electives there are two boxes you can tick. On that says 'in programme' or something and the other that says 'all' (I think it says all but you know what I mean). Make sure you tick the one that includes ALL modules, whether in or not in your course.

I had the same problem for a while!
    I'm pretty sure that's your problem anyway!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

wemsie wrote: »
    Wasn't there :( I just checked my UCD email and there was something about Intro to Arts being available tomorrow morning. Those crazy mofos :P
    How're you set for next week? Accommodation and what not all sorted? :)
    Well its good that you've got it now :D
    I live in Dublin :) Not too close to UCD, I have to get 2 buses every day out and back, but I just gotta get my bus ticket and I should be all set! So excited :D You? :)
    wemsie wrote: »
    UPDATE:
    I *think* I have succesfully registered! All the status things are green, I'm now English with Drama (with History and Philosophy) :P
    Should there be a confirm button or do I just leave it at the summary?
    Probably a tad late but yeah, you can just leave it, there's no confirm button :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 lido84

Hey,just trying to fill out my module registration, i will be studying veterinary nursing. I am a little confused with the elective modules. Can somebody help me understand what this is please. thank u in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Electives are modules that can be taken in any program throughout UCD. So if you wanted to take a german module, you could.

Maldesu wrote: »
    Electives are modules that can be taken in any program throughout UCD. So if you wanted to take a german module, you could.

Ah right, so there only if you want to do them,like you don't have to choose one?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BW1

If anyone would like to PM me asking anything about UCD or the law or business school in particular then feel free to PM me. I'm entering final year of Business & Law and have lived on campus, as well as being involved in many extra-curricular aspects of UCD life, so I can answer most things you can throw at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭dmca93

Hey, I'm doing Radiography as well and went looking for in programme modules yesterday. It appears to me that there are no in programme modules for Radiography.. I think they may be all core but I'm not sure. If there are any 2nd year Radiography students looking at this maybe they can explain it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

lido84 wrote: »
    Ah right, so there only if you want to do them,like you don't have to choose one?

You have to do electives, but not necessarily from outside your programme. You can do in programme electives if you want but you have to do two electives no matter what

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

BW1 wrote: »
    If anyone would like to PM me asking anything about UCD or the law or business school in particular then feel free to PM me. I'm entering final year of Business & Law and have lived on campus, as well as being involved in many extra-curricular aspects of UCD life, so I can answer most things you can throw at me.

Same here for History or Geography. Glad to help if I can

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BrainL

umm yeah UCD was my first choice but I missed out on it, however when I went to views my scripts today one of them had been transcribed wrong and cost me 30 points, anyone know if I will now get into my course as it is over the requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lorrieq

Yes you will. Once you make the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

Single attic converted room to rent immediately in bright spacious house in Woodstown, Dublin 16 sharing with a family of 4. Rent 400 per month. Two minute walk to major bus routes, close to M50 and shops all nearby. I am a student nurse in UCD starting 09/12.

Contact Elaine @ 087-9603569.

Can anyone help me? On the registration page I have all green for core/options, subject/streams and electives...but it's saying I only have 55 of my 60 credits used?! When I view my credit statement it doesn't list my elective (linguistics), I assumed it was an inside course thing but my course is international languages, not broad arts, so it's listed as provisional but it's on my timetable. I also found it weird that I only got to pick one elective, but yeah. It says I have 35/25 credits in Semesters 1/2 respectively, do I just wait until it's confirmed and then it'll be okay? I really dont want to have to pick another subject from the rejects. >_>

You will have to wait until the 8th to see if you get the elective before it will be added to your Credit Information. If you don't get it, you'll have to find something else.
    This year you probably have Intro to Arts on your timetable, which uses one of your elective credits. It was only introduced this year.

Maldesu wrote: »
    You will have to wait until the 8th to see if you get the elective before it will be added to your Credit Information. If you don't get it, you'll have to find something else.
    This year you probably have Intro to Arts on your timetable, which uses one of your elective credits. It was only introduced this year.
    So if I get it will it all be fixed? As in, have I done everything correctly in that regard? :) I do, but I think my friends picked two despite that...I have 2 other compulsory modules though, so that might be it. I have 3 compulsory ones and 8 core/options and 1 provisional elective so it all adds up to 60 anyway.

If its showing 35/25 on the semester division, you should be fine.
    You should have 12 modules in total between core, option and elective.
    As you are doing International Languages you probably had less flexibility that your friends, especially if they are doing general Arts, so they probably were able to choose more than you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

is it not possible to do electives for some courses? i am in business and law but i see no option for me to choose electives in the sis! please someone let me know what the deal is, thanks!

• Advertisement

Some modules are restricted, but make sure you select the ALL button on the elective page. They can be restrictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

Electives are so confusing!
    It says I must choose 2 NH electives. What on earth is an NH Elective??!!:eek:

wonder if any1 can answer this question?? i will be getting the back to education allowance for the duration of my course and i am just wondering does any1 know if this makes me exempt from paying the government levy of 183 euro. When i was in a fetac level 5 course last year i was exempt from the tax so i wonder does this apply for university to. Thank you in advance of any help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

I am doing a 2 year p/t masters.
    Do I choose my second year modules as well as my first year ones?

Thanks

Murphdog94 wrote: »
    Electives are so confusing!
    It says I must choose 2 NH electives. What on earth is an NH Elective??!!:eek:

Not sure. Send an email to the student desk. Might be for in house electives.
    lido84 wrote: »
    wonder if any1 can answer this question?? i will be getting the back to education allowance for the duration of my course and i am just wondering does any1 know if this makes me exempt from paying the government levy of 183 euro. When i was in a fetac level 5 course last year i was exempt from the tax so i wonder does this apply for university to. Thank you in advance of any help

No. You have to pay it.
    I am doing a 2 year p/t masters.
    Do I choose my second year modules as well as my first year ones?

Thanks

I'd expect the full time and part time work the same, so just register for your first year modules now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sgoss

Just wondering if anybody knows of anyone looking to Transfer from
    Merville to belgrove?

Advertisement