Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Masked Man wrote: »
    Thanks but I'm more wondering what % of plays I'd get the coaches film on if I went for the single team option.

Ah ok, haven't sign up myself fully so can't tell ya buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

For someone who doesn't have Sky and went through the last couple of years watching streams online, would people recommend Gamepass? Seems a little expensive for someone who'll probably have to go back to the streams for blacked out games on Sunday evenings but I do like that the late night games on Thursday, Sunday and Monday aren't blacked out and would be available for condensed viewing when I get in from work in the evenings...

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Last season was the first time I could afford to buy Gamepass and I didn't regret it one bit. It's so worth it for the ability to see every game condensed or not, and also for red zone too. I follow the Bills so black outs rarely affect me watching my most desired game, but it's only blacked out for a little while anyway.

In short, it's very much a small investment for a WHOLE lotta football :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Just got an email reminder about automatic renewal. I'm still 50/50 on it. I don't suppose there is any info on the black outs yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just got an email reminder about automatic renewal. I'm still 50/50 on it. I don't suppose there is any info on the black outs yet?

I'd imagine its the same as the last year considering Sky's rights aren't changing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Got an email today aswell. I would be very suprised if the blackouts aren't the same as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I was going to get gamepass but luckily I found this thread!

So gamepass is about ¢40 a month for the three months but you dont get any of the games that are on sky(for 24hrs at least).

Anyone know the cost of getting all the Sky Sports on UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    engrish? wrote: »
    Anyone know the cost of getting all the Sky Sports on UPC?

€33 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Gamepass is free again this season with a Dutch VPN. Watching NFL Network with it now and it didn't even ask me to sign in this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Oat23 wrote: »
    Gamepass is free again this season with a Dutch VPN. Watching NFL Network with it now and it didn't even ask me to sign in this year.

ahhh balls - I was trying to access it over the past month or two and could watch NFL Network but couldn't watch archived games so though they quit the free gamepass for the Dutch for this year so I ended up caving in and buying the subscription :( and I'm still gonna have to VPN to watch the blacked out games regardless :(

Any chance NFL will give me my money back now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

What's this? How much is the VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

gufc21 wrote: »
    What's this? How much is the VPN?

The one I use is €6 for a month or €15 for 3. I can PM you if you want, already sent out a PM to someone inquiring so I can copy/paste it to you.
    johnmcdnl wrote: »

Any chance NFL will give me my money back now

Maybe. Tell them you are moving house and your new ISP isn't fast enough or something :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭Guffy

The one I use is €6 for a month or €15 for 3. I can PM you if you want, already sent out a PM to someone inquiring so I can copy/paste it to you.

Ya that would be great man

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'd appreciate that pm too, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I'd appreciate that pm too, thanks

Second that!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 longhorn2013

Could I get a pm too please re the vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Also lads, if any of you use a streaming site such as Star Streams for the soccer, they will be showing all prime time games, the vast majority of Sunday evening/night games and Red Zone every week too (or at least they did last year, but I already had Game Pass). €7 a month and very good quality. Invites to join will probably open up again towards the start of the new soccer season (middle of August) so if you want to go that route keep an eye out.

Thread talking about them (and others) in more detail from the soccer forum is below, probably best to use the search function on that one as there's a lot of posts about older services that aren't relevant any more:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056609383

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Been waiting for a while but will probably bite the bullet and buy it tomorrow. I usually travel back to college on sunday evenings so didn't get to see many 1pm games last year so the condensed games is a big attraction. I also feel like I didn't follow the game as closely as usual last year so looking forward to Sunday and the start of the season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Signed up for 155 euro and for the full package until this time next year.

Reasonable price. And now I can also watch on my phone which is handy for catching NFL Network on the luas to work in the mornings

I didn't have it last year but did have it before then and Ireland was not affected by blackouts back then. That has changed I see, not good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Signed up for 155 euro and for the full package until this time next year.

Reasonable price. And now I can also watch on my phone which is handy for catching NFL Network on the luas to work in the mornings

I didn't have it last year but did have it before then and Ireland was not affected by blackouts back then. That has changed I see, not good!

It was blacked out initially wasn't it which is why I didn't go for it last year. Time for an email petition asking the NFL to be sound to Ireland again this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

2013 version of gamepass is now available to be downloaded. Few changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Had this last season and really enjoyed it. Debating whether to get it again this year but like always €155 seems like a big hit in one gone. Anyone wanna have a go at reaffirming that €155 is worth it so I don't feel as bad? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

I got an e-mail last week saying that my subscription would be renewed automatically on 1st August. I went into gamepass yesterday and this morning and its saying i dont have a current subscription. I dont want do it myself, incase i get charged twice !! Anyone else have anything similar to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Could someone fire me a pm with that Dutch vpn in it too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Could someone fire me a pm with that Dutch vpn in it too please?

I'm using a Dutch VPN... downloaded the game pass app for tablet and it no longer is giving free... It's asking me to sign up our free 5 minutes preview :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I was thinking about signing up for Gamepass, but I see it's currently at STG£99.99 for the season (minus pre-season), but according to my records, I paid 99.99 euros last year (albeit in mid October, so I missed the first month) - have they increased their prices, or did I take advantage of some special offer last year and is it something they do regularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

corblimey wrote: »
    I was thinking about signing up for Gamepass, but I see it's currently at STG£99.99 for the season (minus pre-season), but according to my records, I paid 99.99 euros last year (albeit in mid October, so I missed the first month) - have they increased their prices, or did I take advantage of some special offer last year and is it something they do regularly?

Can't remember exactly what it was last season, but seems about the same price this season. They reduce the subscription cost as the season goes on to account for the fact that people are signing up late, so I think that was why you got it at a reduced rate in October. I haven't seen any special offers related to signing up late, and I think on a per-week basis, it's actually the best value to sign up at the start of the season.

Edit:
    Also, you sure it doesn't include pre-season? Thought the standard package included that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I already signed up. I see on my login page, there's a referral offer which I'm not gonna use, so anyone here that wants it, I'll send it to them. Gives you 10% off the subscription price, and me an entry into a draw for some London NFL package.
    EARN ANOTHER ENTRY FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN A VIP PACKAGE TO THE 27 OCT 2013 GAME AT WEMBLEY STADIUM

For every friend who signs up for a Season Plus or Season subscription to NFL Game Pass, you will receive another entry for the chance to win the VIP Package. Your friend also gets 10% off the purchase of a NFL Game Pass Season Plus subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    padraig_f wrote: »
    I already signed up. I see on my login page, there's a referral offer which I'm not gonna use, so anyone here that wants it, I'll send it to them. Gives you 10% off the subscription price, and me an entry into a draw for some London NFL package.

Same here, if anyone wants it just PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Has anyone who uses Game Pass on the ipad tried watching on their TV using an adapter? I have heard of some apps not allowing you to watch on your TV (Sky Go)

Advertisement