Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    You couldn't last week but they said they'd have it fixed for week 2. We'll find out in about 20 minutes I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

**** you blackouts grrr Panthers vs Saints AND RG3. Not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Is there any way to maximise the screen when you have four games up? i.e, make the 4 games as big as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Redzone worked beautifully for me last nite, first on a laptop using IE then on an Android tablet. But when my live game started I had some issues on the tablet for about 10 mins (screen pausing and then skipping forward, missed a couple of plays for example). Whatever was the reason it sorted itself out and worked like a dream. And we won, happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Was coaches film always only available in full for season plus people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Have they forgotten to black-out the Patriots game? :)
    Looks to be the case to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Have they forgotten to black-out the Patriots game? :)
    Looks to be the case to me.

Your joking.I got Sky this weekend to see it.(The Ryder cup justifies it i suppose)

I had the blackout for the Pats game and for the curnt game on Sky too. We're you using a VPN or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Anyone have sound problems last night?

Bateman wrote: »
    No, mine was grand. Both on computer and Ipad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams

There were some mic problems with the refs in some games as far as I remember, other than that it was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I've only just discovered gamepass, so I'm hoping to get it in time for this weekend, but I wonder if I can ask a couple of questions first

1. I've got an 8M connection, and seem to consistently get around that speed on speedtest, so will I be able to watch hd games?

2. I've got an old netbook (msi wind) hooked up to my TV through a standard VGA cable, so my plan would be to open gamepass in IE, and maximise it. Is there anything wrong with that plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I've found that unless you have an HD TV, you won't see anything if hook up Game Pass to your TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    corblimey wrote: »
    I've only just discovered gamepass, so I'm hoping to get it in time for this weekend, but I wonder if I can ask a couple of questions first

1. I've got an 8M connection, and seem to consistently get around that speed on speedtest, so will I be able to watch hd games?

2. I've got an old netbook (msi wind) hooked up to my TV through a standard VGA cable, so my plan would be to open gamepass in IE, and maximise it. Is there anything wrong with that plan?
    8 Meg its loads especially if that's the actual speed your getting. VGA will not carry full HD though so you may lose some quality.

Buying today, anyone got a promo code?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

corblimey wrote: »

What's the spec (memory., processor) of your laptop?

I found I had to upgrade my laptop to play the feed smoothly at the highest setting.

VGA will be fine but I don't think it will carry sound so you may need a seperate cable for that or else just use the speakers on your netbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

adrian522 wrote: »
    What's the spec (memory., processor) of your laptop?

I found I had to upgrade my laptop to play the feed smoothly at the highest setting.

VGA will be fine but I don't think it will carry sound so you may need a seperate cable for that or else just use the speakers on your netbook.

I think this is it, been ages since I bought it and it's no longer in stock anywhere. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSI_Wind_Netbook

As for the sound, I currently have it hooked up to my TV and I watch shows from the cousin with sound and all sorts. It does choke if I try to watch anything with 720p in the title, so maybe HD is out of the question - is there non-HD content?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, there are about 4 or 5 different quality settings so you just pick the highest one that plays smoothly for you.

There should be a free sample on the website so you can check out what sort of quality you would get.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

After a month of hassle I've finally been able to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Magic moment on Redzone this week. Almost completely simultaneously, Russel Wilson hits Sidney Rice in the endzone, Jay Feely misses a chip shot field goal for the Cardinals that would have won them the game, and RG3 takes off and scores a 75 yard rushing TD that tied up the game for the Redskins. Great entertainment.
    My first year with Gamepass, and reckon it's well worth the €130. €7 a week is a steal for all the content you get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can anyone tell me why they are so slow to upload Gameday to the archives the past 2 weeks? Love watching it but it still isn't up for the week gone and it's Wednesday now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Just watching Saints/Buccs on NFL - they're giving me a 5 minute preview of the game but fecking hell the quality is so much better - will defo be signing up next year because it's nice being able to see the ball in the air compared to some of the streams that I have to fall back on.

If only I had the money to pay for it this year :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Just watching Saints/Buccs on NFL - they're giving me a 5 minute preview of the game but fecking hell the quality is so much better - will defo be signing up next year because it's nice being able to see the ball in the air compared to some of the streams that I have to fall back on.

If only I had the money to pay for it this year :(

I finally got all my Hd connections for the laptop to tv and surround sound connected. the quality of the picture is unreal, its better I reckon than standard quality tv on the HD tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is it down for anyone else? Getting a 504 gateway message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

i had problems with it yesterday to the point where i stopped watching it because it keep freezing and then when i had picture it kept skipping back a few minutes and i had to watch the same stuff all over again (sometimes 2 or 3 times):mad:

picture and sound quality kept being interrupted yesterday, and then got a message saying due to limited bandwith on the network, the content cannot be displayed. Had assumed it was my own connection, anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

picture and sound quality kept being interrupted yesterday, and then got a message saying due to limited bandwith on the network, the content cannot be displayed. Had assumed it was my own connection, anyone else get this?

Yep thats the message i got before i got fed up with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

The Game Pass people said on their Twitter account that they were having technical problems due to Hurricane Sandy. It seemed to resolve itself after halftime from the 1pm games. The skipping was seriously annoying though.

It was spot-on last night for the Saints game anyway so I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but seems like the best place to ask. I have gamepass, but I would imagine the Ravens Broncos game will be blacked out due to the restrictions this Sunday. Does anyone know away around the blackouts?

Thanks

Advertisement