Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    I didn't cave at the last minute this year. I managed to get a sky go login off a friend. Just a quick question on it though, is the red zone still on the red button and if so, can I access that through sky go?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

I didn't cave at the last minute this year. I managed to get a sky go login off a friend. Just a quick question on it though, is the red zone still on the red button and if so, can I access that through sky go?

Can't be accessed wit sky go :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

It can be accessed. Sky Go has Sky Sports Xtra which is the red button stuff. Redzone is scheduled for tomorrow.

Only through the PC though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    themont85 wrote: »
    It can be accessed. Sky Go has Sky Sports Xtra which is the red button stuff. Redzone is scheduled for tomorrow.

That's brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Anyone else having trouble with the NFL Network stream on Gamepass?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Yup, it completely stopped on me for about 15 mins (I checked the archived games and they work fine).

I closed the window and relaunched GamePass and its working again for now at least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah I relaunched and it worked fine, wasn't working for a good while though!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    Yup, it completely stopped on me for about 15 mins (I checked the archived games and they work fine).

I closed the window and relaunched GamePass and its working again for now at least.

Yeah, it's back up now. Just over two hours to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I assume it worked alright for everyone else here in the Netherlands today? :)

Perfect here!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Oat23 wrote: »

Perfect here!

I'm using a different 'provider' but I'm glad that I also live in the Netherlands. It really is the place to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

themont85 wrote: »

Red zone was on SS Extra on the xbox tonight. It doesn't say anything on the listings but i can confirm that i watched it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Yesterday was the first time I was in a position to watch RedZone for the full 3 hours. Man, it's some impressive 'telly'. I was glued to it up until the SF and STL games kicked off, and I had to go do some things. I think I know how my Sunday evenings are going to go for the next 17 weeks. Just need to find somewhere doing wings :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Perfect here!

did you guys in the Netherlands have the 2 games blacked out. I too live abroad there *ahem*, but still had the games on blackout, which I didnt think would happen. No real issues last night with that, but later on I dont want blackouts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Anyone else seeing problems watching games back? I went to watch the Donkeys Ravens and the footage seemed to jump a bit. Often most of a play seemed to be cut/missing. This is v frustrating. (this was the full version too not the condensed)

Like many yes, NFL Network Live was inaccessible yesterday for a time.

Redzone was unreal last nite, no ads has to be the best thing ever invented. When it is not your team playing and u have redzone option no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

bruschi wrote: »
    did you guys in the Netherlands have the 2 games blacked out. I too live abroad there *ahem*, but still had the games on blackout, which I didnt think would happen. No real issues last night with that, but later on I dont want blackouts

I didn't notice any blackouts but I only had it on for the Bears game. I was watching the Falcons v Saints game on Dutch TV though. I guess FOX Sports NL picked it up. Was that one of the games blacked out?

If it was, then it looks like they will black out whatever games are being shown on TV. Hopefully it remains free for the others though!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SlimJ

Just signed up... and when you do, they give you a "refer a friend" link. Whoever uses this gets 10% off and I get entered into a sweepstakes to win "the VIP package".

Have at it: http://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/raf/TR3EB8YNE3RT

Anyone here know if you can log into Gamepass, by going online with the Xbox 360? I know you can't do it on the PS3, because it doesn't' support Flash Player. So I'm wondering if you can do it on the Xbox 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Anyone here know if you can log into Gamepass, by going online with the Xbox 360? I know you can't do it on the PS3, because it doesn't' support Flash Player. So I'm wondering if you can do it on the Xbox 360.

Same as PS3

TO. wrote: »
    Same as PS3

Feck that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I didn't notice any blackouts but I only had it on for the Bears game. I was watching the Falcons v Saints game on Dutch TV though. I guess FOX Sports NL picked it up. Was that one of the games blacked out?

If it was, then it looks like they will black out whatever games are being shown on TV. Hopefully it remains free for the others though!

seems to happen if I log in with my dutch VPN, but then when into the gamepass, revert back to normal internet, it then blacks out the games that are on sky. seems odd. may just keep logged into the VPN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Raoul

bruschi wrote: »
    seems to happen if I log in with my dutch VPN, but then when into the gamepass, revert back to normal internet, it then blacks out the games that are on sky. seems odd. may just keep logged into the VPN.

Yes, this was happening to me aswell, I never copped on really as to why they weren't blacked out all the time.

anyone else just getting a graphic for baf semi final and audio?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Just got my email reminder for the auto-renewal.

I see it will cost me €119.99 for the Season Pass, but on their website it's €144.99 for the same package.

Is it just cheaper after the auto-renewal kicks in after the 1st of August, or is it a loyalty price?

I also see they'll have archived episodes of Hard Knocks and A Football Life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

infacteh wrote: »

I see it will cost me €119.99 for the Season Pass, but on their website it's €144.99 for the same package.

Is it just cheaper after the auto-renewal kicks in after the 1st of August, or is it a loyalty price?

Ask their Live Chat - the guys on there are usually really helpful whenever I've had a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,445 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

infacteh wrote: »

I got the €144.99 price today in the email. It mentioned about having downloadable games for iOS devices which sounds interesting. Unless those archives of programmes have been extended to iPhones and iPads and android then it's a waste of time. They said that would happen last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

hi guys i thinking of buying of gamepass 144 euro version but i have a few questions.
    1.My pc has 3 monitors so could i have 3 games on the go live?
    2.i have an account with unblock us and they say " We make the blackouts go bye bye!" on gamepass so has anyone tried them and will get in trouble using them?
    3.My internet speed is not good 3.30mb,is there a choice to lower the quality of stream to have few games on same time?

thanks in advance kev

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

kevin2800 wrote: »
    hi guys i thinking of buying of gamepass 144 euro version but i have a few questions.
    1.My pc has 3 monitors so could i have 3 games on the go live?
    2.i have an account with unblock us and they say " We make the blackouts go bye bye!" on gamepass so has anyone tried them and will get in trouble using them?
    3.My internet speed is not good 3.30mb,is there a choice to lower the quality of stream to have few games on same time?

thanks in advance kev

Better yet - you can have 16 games (or more) on the go if you want :P
    Here's 16 games on my dual monitors - not something I've tried doing before :P usually have quad box muted on my secondary and whatever main game I want to watch on my main monitor (or redzone - usually redzone) so I can keep an eye on whatever games I have an interest in on the side.

313858.png

Your broadband speed isn't the best but I'd image you should be able to stream at least 2. You can change the quality to 400Kbps, 800Kbps, 1200Kbps, 1600Kbps, 2400Kbps, 3500Kbps or 4500Kbps.

So you should be about to get 3 games going with your main game at 1200Kbps and the 2 other games at 800/400 if needs be. I'm not to be quoted on that and I'll let someone who has similar speeds to you test it out and confirm but I'd imagine you should be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

I'm guessing all the loopholes to getting this free have been closed.

I suppose I best pay the €145 so even though it's a bit steep and the blackouts are kinda annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

thanks for the post johnmcdnl thats looks epic lol,do use unblock us for blackouts and redzone?

• Advertisement

Are there any free regions this year? Where would I find out?

Advertisement