Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but seems like the best place to ask. I have gamepass, but I would imagine the Ravens Broncos game will be blacked out due to the restrictions this Sunday. Does anyone know away around the blackouts?

Thanks

I don't know anyway around the blackout mate but you'll easily pick up a stream on the likes of vipbox, firstrowsports etc. Not the best quality of course compared to Gamepass, but if you don't have access to Sky it's better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Paully D wrote: »
    I don't know anyway around the blackout mate but you'll easily pick up a stream on the likes of vipbox, firstrowsports etc. Not the best quality of course compared to Gamepass, but if you don't have access to Sky it's better than nothing.

Yeah thats what I expect I'll have to do. I know you can use proxy servers and stuff to change the IP adress but I'm not tech saavy really so have no idea how to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Yeah thats what I expect I'll have to do. I know you can use proxy servers and stuff to change the IP adress but I'm not tech saavy really so have no idea how to do that.

Broncos Baltimore isn't on Sky, too big a game to watch on the lapper, woolshed for me again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Broncos Baltimore isn't on Sky, too big a game to watch on the lapper, woolshed for me again!

Which one is on sky?

Edit: see it's Packers-Bears. Wahooo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Which one is on sky?

Ce?

Oh, pack-bears & cowboys-steelers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Seems like a good deal now of £6.49 to get the whole post season, where the season v season plus at the start of the season was £99 v £129.

Can anyone tell me if I stop now after this week and not take the play off upgrade will I still be able to see NFL Network for the post season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    gerire wrote: »
    Seems like a good deal now of £6.49 to get the whole post season, where the season v season plus at the start of the season was £99 v £129.

Can anyone tell me if I stop now after this week and not take the play off upgrade will I still be able to see NFL Network for the post season?

Where did you see this?

The only option I have is €39.99, and we can't get the playoff games, so it's very pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Errr, I didnt sign up this year because The NFL stated that playoff games would be blacked out for 6 days. Now they seem to state that the blackout period is only 24 hrs.
    Can anyone confirm this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    human 19 wrote: »
    Errr, I didnt sign up this year because The NFL stated that playoff games would be blacked out for 6 days. Now they seem to state that the blackout period is only 24 hrs.
    Can anyone confirm this?
    Well I signed up a few days beforehand and they didn't even have it confirmed by then. Amateur hour this year with it. I wouldn't mind giving them the 40 quid for the playoffs but its pointless if its blacked out for any period

Well I signed up a few days beforehand and they didn't even have it confirmed by then. Amateur hour this year with it. I wouldn't mind giving them the 40 quid for the playoffs but its pointless if its blacked out for any period

I can survive 24 hrs as most of them will be taken up with work and sleep, plus the fact that I am very unlikely to hear any results on the radio. 6 days was definitely out. I wonder when they (assuming the did) changed their policy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I can survive 24 hrs as most of them will be taken up with work and sleep, plus the fact that I am very unlikely to hear any results on the radio. 6 days was definitely out. I wonder when they (assuming the did) changed their policy

Be careful, I thought the same a while back re the baseball playoffs and thought it would be safe to listen to RTE Radio 1 on the way into work but they announced the results form the games the night before ruining my plans to watch the games on DVR that evening.

Be careful, I thought the same a while back re the baseball playoffs and thought it would be safe to listen to RTE Radio 1 on the way into work but they announced the results form the games the night before ruining my plans to watch the games on DVR that evening.

I normally switch off the sports anyway. So can anyone confirm if the blackout period has been reduced to 24hrs on NFL.com, before I waste my money?

I normally switch off the sports anyway. So can anyone confirm if the blackout period has been reduced to 24hrs on NFL.com, before I waste my money?

Yeah, 24 hours only

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages?ttv=9&ttp=3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Day Four post-Superbowl. Cracking up. Think i'll pay the €40 and get it back up and running 'till the off-season and i can go over some games i'd be interested in catching again. I only signed up for the regular season but watched the play-offs and Superbowl on Sky.

Anyone remember what month they offer the full season package..think it was around May or so last year??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    I've got the full package and it goes till July I think.

Can't bear to turn it on for the moment though. I gues sI'll re-watch the Superbowl at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What's the story with auto renewal ? I got it last year and its up on July 31st. Is there a way I can check whether auto renewal is on as I will be buying it again.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What's the story with auto renewal ? I got it last year and its up on July 31st. Is there a way I can check whether auto renewal is on as I will be buying it again.

I can't remember for definite but I think the auto-renewal is the default and you have to opt out by emailing/calling if you don't want to re-up.

I can't remember for definite but I think the auto-renewal is the default and you have to opt out by emailing/calling if you don't want to re-up.

It is. Thankfully I noticed this thread or I would have been slapped with a €100 bill unexpectedly!

You can email them at gamepass.support@nfl.com or you can go on to live chat on the NFL.com website to turn off the auto-renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It is. Thankfully I noticed this thread or I would have been slapped with a €100 bill unexpectedly!

You can email them at gamepass.support@nfl.com or you can go on to live chat on the NFL.com website to turn off the auto-renewal.

Right so unless I opt out it will keep going ? It appears we will be getting the Americas game series on the gamepass app and archived shows on the app as well now according to nfluk.com.

@ paully D why would you have been charged €100 unexpectedly ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    @ paully D why would you have been charged €100 unexpectedly ?

Because I wasn't expecting auto-renewal to be on. I thought I had opted out of auto-renewal ages ago but asked on live support and found that I hadn't. Only for this thread I never would have thought of it.

It's a great service but money's a bit tight at the minute so I can't commit to getting it for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Because I wasn't expecting auto-renewal to be on. I thought I had opted out of auto-renewal ages ago but asked on live support and found that I hadn't. Only for this thread I never would have thought of it.

It's a great service but money's a bit tight at the minute so I can't commit to getting it for the time being.

Thanks for letting me know Paully, I would never have thought about that. Going to send them an email myself as the chat is offline right now. I wont need the service as I will be in the US What's daft about it is that when you log into your account it shows no services signed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Will it not only auto-renew for next season? i.e. if you want to keep GamePass next year, it wont be a problem?

Or does it auto-renew for the offseason package too?

My last payment was in October last year (I paid in 3 installments - August, September and October) and I was told yesterday my next payment wouldn't be until August again this year). So I don't think it's a problem if you want to keep Game Pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

TO. wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me know Paully, I would never have thought about that. Going to send them an email myself as the chat is offline right now. I wont need the service as I will be in the US What's daft about it is that when you log into your account it shows no services signed up.

Got a reply from them:
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Hello,

Your subscription is currently inactive and will not auto-renew.

Thanks,

NFL Game Pass Support

[/FONT]

Seems there is no Auto Renew in place.

Interesting that. I spoke to someone on Live Help and he told me auto-renewal was on and that he'd turn it off for me. I guess I just didn't switch it off on my profile or something.

Can anyone remember if the price increased from the initial launch price last season to when the season started?

I'm still undecided as to whether I'll re-subscribe this year. The Redskins are on prime time 5 times this season and Sky will have them on at least twice as well so I'd really only be getting 8-9 games. So I'd like to wait until the week before the season starts as to whether I will buy it again but if it is going to be more expensive in early September than it is now, I might have a decision to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Can anyone remember if the price increased from the initial launch price last season to when the season started?

The price currently is 129GBP, does it go up? Im seeing previous posts for 130e paid last year and people looking for promo codes etc.

Im not too pushed about the blackouts for the sky games as i can watch them on SKY GO and sure the Play Offs, i'll either watch them on SKY GO or in the woolshed etc.

Pay day this Thursday, think i'm gonna sign up then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Might go for the "follow your team" option this season. Only get to watch about half the games Live anyway, and aside from the occasional blockbuster (e.g. Denver-NE) the highlights on NFL.com do me fine. With the rare Indy game and being back in GMT, not sure it's worth my while getting Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Anybody know what the Select Plays on the coaches film is like? Probably not going for the Season Plus but coaches film is a big part of it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Masked Man wrote: »
    Anybody know what the Select Plays on the coaches film is like? Probably not going for the Season Plus but coaches film is a big part of it for me.

To sus it out I downloaded the app on android (assume the same on iphone) and they let you try it out for 5 mins where you can see all the angles etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Thanks but I'm more wondering what % of plays I'd get the coaches film on if I went for the single team option.

Advertisement