Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,750 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Episode 1 of this years hard knocks is now up on game pass. I’ve never seen an episode up on a teams YouTube channel before so either HBO aware relaxing somewhat or the raiders payed serious coin to be allowed show it on their channel. I’m guessing it will be a one off thing and the rest will be on game pass the night after like last year.

So with nearly the first week of the pre season over what are people's impressions of game pass so far ? in the eagles and titans game the picture quality was excellent and given that some of the in House pre season stuff from teams is a bit ropey and not that good, it seems teams have upped their game in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

got the app on my Samsung TV

looks great but cannot seem to be able to pause or forward/rewind programmes. If you leave and come back it starts form beginning again

bit of a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Riskymove wrote: »

looks great but cannot seem to be able to pause or forward/rewind programmes. If you leave and come back it starts form beginning again

bit of a pain

Same was happening me with the LG.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

That happens anywhere I watch, on laptop, iphone, ipad and xbox app. It's a real pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

That happens anywhere I watch, on laptop, iphone, ipad and xbox app. It's a real pain.

Weird, on my Android I can pause and switch apps and come back and it resumes fine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    I can pause and jump back and forward in 10 second intervals on the Apple TV but have the same problem of the program jumping back to the start if I don’t watch in one sitting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Riskymove wrote: »

bit of a pain

Yeah, same problem, so I loaded up the PS4 app, and it worked fine.

It won't open on the browsers on my PC, which would be my main platform for viewing, so I've sent an email to Support.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Any codes at all this year I wonder?

All games from last night had a condensed version up by 7am. I also downloaded the condensed version of the eagles and jags game and it looks like it’ll work perfectly.

Edit: It did work perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Megager wrote: »
    Any codes at all this year I wonder?

Just buy in Brazil

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Essential Sub is now available:

attachment.php?attachmentid=488332&stc=1&d=1565992428

17 weeks of Redzone = €2.94 per week

21 weeks of all of the above plus live games = €7.80 per week

There will be an option to buy a playoff add on which will again be probably around the €40-€50 mark iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

I tended to only watch redzone and the 40min game highlights over the last few seasons. Sounds like the essentials package would suit me perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

McG wrote: »
    I tended to only watch redzone and the 40min game highlights over the last few seasons. Sounds like the essentials package would suit me perfectly.

Yah me too, glad they have that option

Wonder is it because less people signed up or renewed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

BKWDR wrote: »
    Yah me too, glad they have that option

Wonder is it because less people signed up or renewed

When I was in India recently, this was available for €35

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HurlyBurly

Anyone use the GamePass app on LG TV?
    I installed it a few weeks back and it worked great but the last week or two it seems to have frozen and isn't fully loading properly. Tried a reinstall and made no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

HurlyBurly wrote: »
    Anyone use the GamePass app on LG TV?
    I installed it a few weeks back and it worked great but the last week or two it seems to have frozen and isn't fully loading properly. Tried a reinstall and made no difference.

Same exactly here on an LG OLED. It was working fine, now it’s freezing before the menu even opens. I’ve deleted and reinstalled it, and checked for a TV software update and no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I have the LG app and using it on Xbox also. LG TV is getting to 5 minutes into hard knocks then freezing. Then second attempt got to 13 minutes and froze again.

Xbox app not working at all. Uninstalled it and re-installed and it's still not working.

App on phone seems to be ok.

I only use my phone and iPad and chromecast and it seems to work grand.

Also, the 12/12:30am games had a condensed version up by 5:30am this morning and the rest from 1am on had them up sometime before 7:30am. I mean on that front they seem to be keeping it up in the preseason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

So VPN to Brazil/India is the cheapest option yes? How much does that work out at?

• Advertisement

So VPN to Brazil/India is the cheapest option yes? How much does that work out at?

Brazil was $150 (€135 or so). My VPN couldn't connect to India so I don't know but someone else said it was €115

The condensed version of the cardinals and Vikings game was up within two hours. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Guys If im signing up through VPN for india - do i need to turn the VPN on everytime I go to watch - or can i just use it as normal? use it on my ps4 and chromecast as normal?

Guys If im signing up through VPN for india - do i need to turn the VPN on everytime I go to watch - or can i just use it as normal? use it on my ps4 and chromecast as normal?

Nah, only when you subscribe. After that just use as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Are there usually discounts during the year for gamepass essential? I usually just watch redzone, but I got the sky sports now tv deal for three months, so I'm hoping therell be a discounted rate halfway into the season when that runs out and then I'll grab Gamepass.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Does anyone know if you sign up to Gamepass using VPN to India will you still be affected by the sky blackouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Have we any word on what sky are doing with redzone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Raoul

akenno wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you sign up to Gamepass using VPN to India will you still be affected by the sky blackouts?

Signing up via India doesn't make a difference to how you watch it. It may be a different story if you use the VPN to watch the games, that way you might be able to circumnavigate the blackouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭boccy23

Anyone get Gamepass working on a Samsung TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Raoul wrote: »
    Signing up via India doesn't make a difference to how you watch it. It may be a different story if you use the VPN to watch the games, that way you might be able to circumnavigate the blackouts.

So if I’m based in Ireland and ... in theory ... had my VPN switched on to India (say) then I could watch the Sky blacked out game???

Advertisement