Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clipboard going door to door with intent to break and enter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Exactly, and the justice system is too slow to keep him off the streets. I hope everyone still rings the Gardai when he's around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

Does this guy... hmm how to put it? Seem a little slow? Had someone come to the door looking for money for a mental illness and addiction centre. He was clearly a scumbag but looked and spoke liked he may have something wrong with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Does it put everyone else off that the thread title seems to indicate that some form of highly intelligent clipboard has evolved and has already decided to resort to crime as a way of making a living? :D

By the way, I can't believe this lad is still allowed to do this. There must surely be a law against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Havent read every post, but is the ginge fraudster actually attempting to break and enter? There is a guy in Galway who also goes around, mostly quay street and jurys collecting for drug rehabillitation.. he is scamming too.... his patter is quite amazing to listen too and he can profile people in a split second.... has anyone challenged him and contacted the so called charity he supposedly works for....
    collecting for fake charities is th elowest of the low, but it surprised me that there are hundreds of them out there in ever county, some look dodgy, some look lovely .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then, no sightings for weeks now. Has he been nicked I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

I seen him yesterday with two fellas. He didn't have clipboard. They where just walking passed noriss' off license.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

mike65 wrote: »
    So then, no sightings for weeks now. Has he been nicked I wonder?
    Maybe his sponosored cycle is over, so no need to get money now? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 j8701

no saw him in town today id say people have just copped on

Meant to post in this, he called to my door a couple of weeks back, i took the clipboard off him, told him i know who he is and that he's a scam and that the majority of Waterford probably know who he is now as he has a whole thread dedicated to him on Boards.

Maybe that stopped him.

Also, for sale, 1 as-new blue clipboard, pm for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Philly66

Maybe his sponosored cycle is over, so no need to get money now? ;)
    I am a member of victory outreach in cork and this fella is known to us he is from ballylynch estate in carrig his name is <snip> we have been talking to Garda if you see him again report him as he is not working for us he is out doing this for his own benefit he usually does it with his brother and his girlfriend the best way to catch him is just tell him you have no change to drop back later and call the Garda eventually he will get locked up for this scam

• Advertisement

Philly66 wrote: »
    I am a member of victory outreach in cork and this fella is known to us he is from ballylynch estate in carrig his name is <snip> we have been talking to Garda if you see him again report him as he is not working for us he is out doing this for his own benefit he usually does it with his brother and his girlfriend the best way to catch him is just tell him you have no change to drop back later and call the Garda eventually he will get locked up for this scam
    It's people like this that give charity's a bad name

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Do NOT mention any names for the love of god. Posts edited with one post removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

How is he getting away with it. He's doing this for months now and has been reported several times???

Or maybe his court case will be coming up soon?

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    How is he getting away with it. He's doing this for months now and has been reported several times???

Or maybe his court case will be coming up soon?
    I think he got locked up last year for the same thing but looks like he's at it again

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

I have only seen this now, this guy called to my door yesterday evening, i am convinced of it... I am out in Tramore. Just asked to sponser him for Cancer, just said no thanks and closed the door... and i remember thinking there is something weird about him!! Should I call the guards that he was in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

2 fellas going door to door in the Williamstown area tonight saying they want sponsorship for Cancer, Movember to be exact but when questioned he mumbled something!
    They got nothing from me!

One of them was aged about 18 and wearing a tracksuit, did not see the other fella clearly but probably slightly older.

Probably the same scam I would say?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Got a knock on the door from some guy in a grey tracksuit tonight. He had some kind of card in his hand so might be the same person. Ran off when he seen me look out the window which I though was very strange. Just across the road in Fairfield park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'm currently doing Movember, and I'm sickened that these scumbags would try hijack a great cause for their own financial gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Some fella knocked at my house the other day about 6ft10 he was in track suit, but when he started to talk it was like he was reading a script about cleaning gutters and window and were a real company, he was on his own no car or nothing it all seemed dodgy his behaviour was anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Are these fellas wearing action aid jackets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 metalitom

Ginger fella in track suit called last night in Tramore, looking for sponsership for cancer. Looked suspect and sounded even doggier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 annuankigrey

this lad was only released on bail yesterday now hes back out scamming peoople for money and he would rob ur house if he gets no answer hes a knowing robber

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Two fellas from 'Victory Outreach' calling to businesses around town today with clipboard. Had a very, very worn ID with Urban Outreach on it and a picture too worn to see.

Two, one both tall, blondey red hair face and neck tattoos, the other skinny, dark hair, neck tattoo also, very quiet.. from Cork ( I think) looking for money to 'open a rehab centre' in Waterford.

Not sure how legit or not, it very well may be, and if so fair enough - but it seemed strange to me.

Be aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

CuriousG wrote: »
    Two fellas from 'Victory Outreach' calling to businesses around town today with clipboard. Had a very, very worn ID with Urban Outreach on it and a picture too worn to see.

Two, one both tall, blondey red hair face and neck tattoos, the other skinny, dark hair, neck tattoo also, very quiet.. from Cork ( I think) looking for money to 'open a rehab centre' in Waterford.

Not sure how legit or not, it very well may be, and if so fair enough - but it seemed strange to me.

Be aware.

He has been collecting outside both Maxol on Cork Road and Park Road for Suicide Awareness in recent weeks

If you think anyone is not legit, ring the Gardai. They have the power to demand production of a collection permit. Heck, ring them even if they are legit, because most of the chuggers/collectors need to have a permit for a specific area in a specific place. Some think that a Super in Cork City giving them a permit means they can collect anywhere, but they can't.

And especially the ones who collect at Traffic Lights. I know, for a fact, the local Chief in Waterford does not issue permits to collect within traffic, due to safety reasons.

Ring the Guards?

Did ye hear they all got closed down!!!!!:eek:

They wouldnt give a monkeys if you called them about someone at your door!

I wish people wouldn't post nonsense about the Guards, one the rare occasions I've required their interest they've never been less than dutiful.

mike65 wrote: »
    I wish people wouldn't post nonsense about the Guards, one the rare occasions I've required their interest they've never been less than dutiful.

Sure isnt that what i said. i agree with ye.

Hello is that the guards? yes, Theres a big spider in the corner of the room can you come out and get it for me?

Hello is that the guards? Yes, theres a big man standing at my front door and he is looking for charitable money what will i do?

:rolleyes: (I don't like using that icon but on this occasion....) it depends who is calling, the cicumstances and if they fit the profile of a "known" individual doesn't it? This clipboard fella is on the Gardai radar.

• Advertisement

I rang the guards not so long ago when i saw someone acting suspicious in Ardkeen village, I gave a full description and why i thought he was upto no good, following a spate of burlaries in the area during the day, they never called me back, she told me she took my number and forwarded it to the team investigating the break ins in that area, never called me back

Advertisement