Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clipboard going door to door with intent to break and enter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

There are break ins all over the country and the old way of watching the house isn't used as much nowadays they as stated in 1st post calling into random houses and keep at the door and bell testing to see if anyone is there.

It's been done now by lads that use public transport and case the houses and then move on. They will load the car if keys are easy found so don't leave near the door or in usual spots and if can't get that they go for the smaller items.

Tighter security is needed alarms, close all windowa/doors, better locks and cctv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The best security for an empty house is probably to lock every door from the hall side and take the keys with you (assuming that all doors lead into the hall). That way unless they fancy some heavy work the room they get into first will be as far as they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

mike65 wrote: »
    The best security for an empty house is probably to lock every door from the hall side and take the keys with you (assuming that all doors lead into the hall). That way unless they fancy some heavy work the room they get into first will be as far as they get.

I know someone who did that and the burglar destroyed the doors and their frames with a crowbar.

The garda berated her for being so stupid for locking the internal doors in the first place.

Typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

yeah I also know someone it happened to. they never lock the doors now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Some cream cracker looking fella down outside a house down the road from me. Was wondering what me neighbour was doing standing on the road staring down the street.
    the house he was outside doesnt look the may west but there is someone living in there. I called into the house enxt to it to get something and me man walked away from the other house. Could be nothing but thought I'd mention it. He had one of them V in the back of the head stupid looking hair cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

He just knocked at my door in upper yellow rd a few minutes ago

aziz wrote: »
    He just knocked at my door in upper yellow rd a few minutes ago

The clipboard dude or the fella I was on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

Clipboard dude

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wex_lad

Was this guy around Marian Park or Keane's Rd a while ago? I saw a chap passing the window but only got a glance at him, the doorbell rang but I was upstairs in the toilet. I think this guy needs to be taught a lesson. Is he a member of a certain community or just a scumbag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Two people were collecting for Concern on The Old Tramore Road this afternoon. Definitely not ginger hair. Does anyone know about them?

Had one call around Saturday evening. Listened to him for a while, when I enquired as to how I could pay he wanted bank details. Politely told him no chance & sent him on his merry way

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

UhOh wrote: »
    Two people were collecting for Concern on The Old Tramore Road this afternoon. Definitely not ginger hair. Does anyone know about them?

Had one call around Saturday evening. Listened to him for a while, when I enquired as to how I could pay he wanted bank details. Politely told him no chance & sent him on his merry way
    Why are you uncomfortable giving out bank details may I ask ? Were they not wearing id ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Why are you uncomfortable giving out bank details may I ask ? Were they not wearing id ?

IDs can be easily faked. Just rattling off bank details to someone is never a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 8 j8701

pure scumbag heroin addict conning people for his daily fix..
    wex_lad wrote: »
    Was this guy around Marian Park or Keane's Rd a while ago? I saw a chap passing the window but only got a glance at him, the doorbell rang but I was upstairs in the toilet. I think this guy needs to be taught a lesson. Is he a member of a certain community or just a scumbag?

j8701 wrote: »
    pure scumbag heroin addict conning people for his daily fix..

Cheers, that'll do me. If he appears at the door I'll be ready to challenge him. A couple of slaps and he won't be back on my road again. Some might not agree with my method but it's the only way to stop this kind of ****, I have a lot of elderly neighbours and they're all terrified to open their doors lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

got a call from this fella in the norwood area
    on monday nite.

sarah88 wrote: »
    got a call from this fella in the norwood area
    on monday nite.

Send him to whippet for the craic

Send him to whippet for the craic

Jesus thats a great idea, this guy would end up in the mental after an evening with whippet. Maybe whippet will appear in a Youtube video with him?

wex_lad wrote: »
    Jesus thats a great idea, this guy would end up in the mental after an evening with whippet. Maybe whippet will appear in a Youtube video with him?

HaHaHa some of them videos are priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I might be missing something but has this guy actually broken in anywhere? Just wondering what the basis for the thread is really.

Is he falsely representing himself as a charity worker?

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I might be missing something but has this guy actually broken in anywhere? Just wondering what the basis for the thread is really.

He's definitely not a charity worker anyways.. Dunno if he broke in anywhere, to be honest he comes across as a fella who wouldn't be brainy enough to rob a house even if the front door was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

nkay1985 wrote: »

I believe he's going door to door looking for sponsorship. He's getting small change, but it adds up. He was picked up by the Gardai right outside my house. A few mins later and he would've knocked on my door. Anyway, the Gardai made him return the money to my neighbours because their names were on the clipboard. He does look a real simple fcuker though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Could be going round the rockshire hill area at the moment. Girlfriend said she f***ed him out of it for waking the child. Tall thin red haired guy with blue clipboard.

He didn't hang around long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Stokolan wrote: »
    Could be going round the rockshire hill area at the moment. Girlfriend said she f***ed him out of it for waking the child. Tall thin red haired guy with blue clipboard.

Yup, that's him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

He must be fair fit with all the walking he is doing

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Stokolan wrote: »

FFS, Even The Gardai arrested him several times and he comes back to his old tricks.. When willl he ever learn, Hopefully he goes up to Ballybeg someday, he wont get out alive...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

This guy is now doing the rounds in Ferrybank ( Belmount Area)

He just came to my door at 6:30pm and gave some spiel about doing doing a charity cycle for the Victory Outreach Center - as soon as he said that my alarm bells went through the roof **.

I asked him for ID or verification , to which he said he had none - I politely told him I was calling the Guards there and then which prompted him to skulk off rather quickly out of the estate.

(** A few months ago a relation had rather savoury looking collector / caller caller claiming to be from the "Victory Outreach" addiction centre in Cork while another guy with him was skulking about acting dodgy outside the wall of the house, we asked for id he said he had none, we then challenged him and asked was he for real, which he said yes, we then rang victory outreach in his presence and they said he was nothing to do with them and they don’t normally have folks calling outside their area of Cork and Dublin, his mate at the wall had now done a runner and as soon as we said we would alert the guards the caller he also did a runner – we called the guards but never heard anymore)

Soon be Kilkenny's problem by the sound of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

mike65 wrote: »
    Soon be Kilkenny's problem by the sound of things!

He will have a problem with Kilkenny folks, They are too tightfisted...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

This legendary folk hero just turned up on my door in Fairfield Park looking for sponsorship for a Charity Cycle... Of course being familiar with this lad from the board I spotted him immediately... sent him on his merry way... tipped off the boys in blue

Advertisement