Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clipboard going door to door with intent to break and enter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

iphonehead wrote: »
    This legendary folk hero just turned up on my door in Fairfield Park looking for sponsorship for a Charity Cycle... Of course being familiar with this lad from the board I spotted him immediately... sent him on his merry way... tipped off the boys in blue
    good man, all you need to do now is go android

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

Lol! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

iphonehead wrote: »
    This legendary folk hero just turned up on my door in Fairfield Park looking for sponsorship for a Charity Cycle... Of course being familiar with this lad from the board I spotted him immediately... sent him on his merry way... tipped off the boys in blue

Are you serious? If id known it was him i would have answered the door to get a look at him. Ah well, maybe next time

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I wonder is he starting to think "How do all these people know about me?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

Creamsoda wrote: »
    He called to me last week claiming to be collecting for autistic children. Deserves an award for all the charity work he's doing :D

I ran alot of charity days and had to have photo id with the name of charity i was collecting for and also the charity number posted plainly on the card. Anyone who does not have this piece of ID is def not collecting for charity. If you ask to see this card and they dont have it call the guards asap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was just on the ORR and an unmarked Garda car was chasing someone - I reckon its him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

mike65 wrote: »
    I was just on the ORR and an unmarked Garda car was chasing someone - I reckon its him!

Jayus he must be some fast runner so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭deisemum

S28382 wrote: »
    Jayus he must be some fast runner so:D

He should be representing Ireland in London ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I give it to him, he putting in some effort to con people of their hard earned cash.

Wouldn't* he be better off trying to get some part time young, saving himself time and hassle?

* yes I know, jobs are a rarity these days.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I give it to him, he putting in some effort to con people of their hard earned cash.

Wouldn't* he be better off trying to get some part time young, saving himself time and hassle?

* yes I know, jobs are a rarity these days.

What is this part time young you mention. Haha I'm thinking of going cougar hunting because brad junior hasn't done any "work " in ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

What is this part time young you mention. Haha I'm thinking of going cougar hunting because brad junior hasn't done any "work " in ages

Oh god Brad this aint California mate , the only cougars youll find in Ireland wear tracksuit bottoms and ugg boots at 3 in the afternoon smokin on an ashtray pulled tacky roll up Arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Haha jaysus. Last Saturday night I was in bed at the crazy time of 8pm (a one year old will do that to ya) and there was a knock on the door. We don't get many callers to our ghost estate in the back arse of nowhere but and I was particularly pissed off cause the dog barked at him and then the child woke. Anyway, I answered the door and he was heading to the next house...when he saw me he came back and started talking about a charity cycle...my exact words were "ah for ****'s sake..:no thanks" and went back in.

I then started to feel guilty about how I spoke to him. And then I found this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3 a1amy

Going around ardkeen village at the moment, they look well dodgy!!

a1amy wrote: »

I only ever seen the one fella. He has simple friends now and all with him? Fecking gob****es

• Registered Users Posts: 3 a1amy

I only ever seen the one fella. He has simple friends now and all with him? Fecking gob****es
    Quite dopey looking, few ppl here fell for it, could see them handing over funds.
    Don't know if there checking out the houses or what but I'm sure as hell double checking everything from now on!! ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 j8701

yea anytime i see him around town he is with a fella similar lukin to him with dark hair and a girl. always around the internet cafe my awear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭Bards

A few weeks ago - the Girl came to my door, usual waffle about some charity - I said I'd already give to that in work today - should have seen the puzzled look on her face as I closed the door.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Archeron

Would anyone be shocked if I said I think I just seen this guy in Trim, co meath? Dude with exact description, blue clipboard collecting for a charity that doesnt exist. I'm on phone so cannot link to this thread but am going to post in meath forum to be safe. If anyone can link that thread to this, I'd be grateful.

I'm glad I was reading this thread a few weeks ago, his appearance reminded me of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This could go viral!

• Advertisement

Archeron wrote: »
    Would anyone be shocked if I said I think I just seen this guy in Trim, co meath? Dude with exact description, blue clipboard collecting for a charity that doesnt exist. I'm on phone so cannot link to this thread but am going to post in meath forum to be safe. If anyone can link that thread to this, I'd be grateful.

I'm glad I was reading this thread a few weeks ago, his appearance reminded me of it.

slow ginger dude with a clipboard. There's loads of em in Ireland haha. Never know though, could be plausible( learned that from mythvuters :):):)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Archeron wrote: »

He has bad teeth, ginger hair and looks like an extra in trainspotting... Oh, and he has a blue clipboard. If that's him - then that's the lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Is he kinda young looking?
    It never hit me until reading the 100th person saying how simple he looked that someone like that called to my door a couple of months ago too :D
    Although he only looked about 17/18 I though and was dressed lie a bit of a scumbag! I gave him €2 simply because there was a bit hanging off my door that I couldnt fix and he fixed it while he was waiting for me to answer haha :D
    I remember he was ginger anyways and something to do with cycling, and there would have been no car in the drive!

stacexD wrote: »
    Is he kinda young looking?
    It never hit me until reading the 100th person saying how simple he looked that someone like that called to my door a couple of months ago too :D
    Although he only looked about 17/18 I though and was dressed lie a bit of a scumbag! I gave him €2 simply because there was a bit hanging off my door that I couldnt fix and he fixed it while he was waiting for me to answer haha :D
    I remember he was ginger anyways and something to do with cycling, and there would have been no car in the drive!

I thought he looked 20-22 . Yeah he ginger, not as ginger as the YouTube ginger people have souls fella but kinda dark ginger.
    Definitely a cycle charity though. Dark blue/navy jacket on him. Remind ya of plug from the comics years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

This thread and this chancer are getting epic at this stage! Damn, if he called to my house I would have fair messed with him. " sponsored cycle is it? ah sure I often do the cycles meself. Can I take part? when is it? jaysus I'll do it."Is there any chance of a pic of the guy? I know posting pics on here gets mods' knickerses in a knot but if someone takes a pic can the PM it to me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I just had a knock on the door (Grange area) the missus went out to answer it. Some young skinny ginger fella with a light blue clipboard and dark jacket collecting for a charity cycle.

Then I heard herself saying aren't you your man off the internet, the scam artist. I went out to see what was going on, saw who it was from the description here. I asked him what he wanted. He said I'm collecting for a charity (never mentioned the name of the charity). I told him to fcuk off I knew exactly what he was up to.

He looked shocked and turned round and headed for entrance to the estate. Now if he was from a real charity I'm sure he would have just left my garden and gone to one of the houses next door and not walked quickly away.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Kxiii wrote: »
    I just had a knock on the door (Grange area) the missus went out to answer it. Some young skinny ginger fella with a light blue clipboard and dark jacket collecting for a charity cycle.

Then I heard herself saying aren't your man off the internet, the scam artist. I went out to see what was going on, saw who it was from the description here. I asked him what he wanted. He said I'm collecting for a charity (never mentioned the name of the charity). I told him to fcuk off I knew exactly what he was up to.

He looked shocked and turned round and headed for entrance to the estate. Now if he was from a real charity I'm sure he would have just left my garden and gone to one of the houses next door and not walked quickly away.
    :eek:
    The jigs up! He knows whos onto him :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Surely this fella shouldnt be running around doing this still when plenty of people have reported it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Ah he prob a bit slow :D wont you think of the children

• Advertisement

Trotter wrote: »
    Surely this fella shouldnt be running around doing this still when plenty of people have reported it?!
    As long as he making any money from it, he will keep going. Ginger Fecking bollox

Advertisement